Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 17:11   #14686
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Need I say more. The reason for bad traffic.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507635687.529712.jpg

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 10th October 2017 at 17:14.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 18:25   #14687
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Need I say more. The reason for bad traffic.
This is a timeless picture. Ever so relevant.

If you see closely, you will notice that it was drawn in 2015. Even then, a few people had succumbed to the injuries sustained as a result of pothole manoeuvring exercises on the crater fields of Bengaluru - fields which the innocent folks sometimes mistake for roads!

That being said, RIP Harley, David and Son .
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 07:39   #14688
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove to EC from Yelahanka today at my usual time. It was raining all throughout. Plan your day as the weather doesn't look promising to hit the road during usual hours (Well, what are unusual hours in Bangalore ).

Those taking the BETL Elevated highway, please exercise caution. Water logging on the fast lane which regulars will know is a typical scene whenever it rains.

This Etios has surely rear ended the Cysta after losing control or when Crysta may have braked to avoid losing control while passing this section where there is a lot of stagnant water!

(I know my wipers need a change!)

Incidentally, there was another cab on the opposite corridor who also had met with an accident.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-vlcsnap2017101107h31m53s225.png

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th October 2017 at 07:41.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 07:56   #14689
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Those taking the BETL Elevated highway, please exercise caution. Water logging on the fast lane which regulars will know is a typical scene whenever it rains.

It is ridiculous- waterlogging on a flyover! I once was driving on the BETL late at night and these fellows had switched off the lights atop the flyover. This is the straight stretch after the lay bye, towards EC. It was raining heavily, I was on the fast lane and suddenly I hit a wall of water! To make matters worse, another vehicle on the opposite lane just splashed through the puddle on their side and my car was completely engulfed in water. It was like being under a waterfall! I could not see anything.

Thank God no one was behind me in that lane!
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 08:04   #14690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
It is ridiculous- waterlogging on a flyover! I once was driving on the BETL late at night and these fellows had switched off the lights atop the flyover.
I heard that BETL was shut last Thursday when it rained quite heavily all day. I can't think of any other reason than water logging for them to close this down on a Thursday noon unless there was an accident.

Quote:
This is the straight stretch after the lay bye, towards EC. It was raining heavily, I was on the fast lane and suddenly I hit a wall of water! To make matters worse, another vehicle on the opposite lane just splashed through the puddle on their side and my car was completely engulfed in water. It was like being under a waterfall! I could not see anything.
I know what you talking about. This one explains the same experience in a minute . This must be 2 years back if I recollect. You can see splash of water blinding me right in he beginning of this when the bus passes from the opposite side.

Driving in rains, aquaplaning apart, overall, BETL during rains is a dangerous road to drive in Bangalore - Water accumulates pretty badly and then the escape options are way too less as there is no shoulder and most of the times you end up driving on the fast lane due to 2 wheelers.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 09:49   #14691
BHPian

There seem to be a rash of road rage incidents of late leading to violent clashes and even murder! The latest incidence seems to be another senseless murder due to alleged road rage (link)

It is unfortunate that things have come to such a pass in a city known for mild manners and friendly folks. I'd like to believe that these incidents are exceptions and the norm still remains the Bangalore we know and love.

In the meantime, stay safe everyone and avoid altercations!
Old 11th October 2017, 09:58   #14692
Senior - BHPian

Huge traffic jam right from krupanidhi college signal and it extends allthe way till Whitefield. I am stuck in this jam currently.

This is how it looks in gmaps currently.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-9073c063e423470d8468819969586a7d.png  

Old 11th October 2017, 10:08   #14693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Huge traffic jam right from krupanidhi college signal and it extends allthe way till Whitefield. I am stuck in this jam currently.
I had to take a leave today due to this traffic mess. From what was circulated on our office whatsapp group and by two other groups on telegram, there was a truck that broke down near Banaswadi and three BMTCs that have broken down at three different spots on ORR. Add to this, metro work at Tin Factory is also piling on the misery.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 10:21   #14694
BHPian

Huge traffic jam from HP office to Khivraj Bajaj near ITPL. No movement since last 25 mins on a scootetr.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:21   #14695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Quoting myself. I reached my office in Sarjapur 5 mins back. It took me 1:10 mins to traverse 6 km stretch.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:22   #14696
Senior - BHPian

It took me 2:50 hours today to travel from Kanakapura Road to Whitefield.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:25   #14697
BHPian

One more death related to pothole
https://www.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/...-lateststories

I have been living in Bangalore since more than 20 years now and current road conditions are the worst that I have seen. I don't know whom to blame, BBMP or state government? But, at end of the day, even these deaths does not seems to have woken up those slumbers
Old 11th October 2017, 12:09   #14698
Distinguished - BHPian

This was my commute today (and even this is not the full journey from start as I turned on maps a few km into the journey).
Poor google seemed to have given up trying to calculate avg speed. This was from Sarjapur Road/Varthur side to Kundalahalli Gate-Marathahalli. Spent a very long time getting through Varthur. No major reason for the block.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20171011111408983_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th October 2017 at 12:10.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 12:41   #14699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This was my commute today (and even this is not the full journey from start as I turned on maps a few km into the journey).
Poor google seemed to have given up trying to calculate avg speed. This was from Sarjapur Road/Varthur side to Kundalahalli Gate-Marathahalli. Spent a very long time getting through Varthur. No major reason for the block.

Wow !! More than 2 hours for a meagre 7.3 kms !! 😱
Old 11th October 2017, 13:01   #14700
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow looks like the effect of rains is getting worse by the day. Yesterday, there was a huge crawl right from my office opposite Shantiniketan till the U turn near at Graphite India Junction. All this was because of a H-U-G-E pothole that had formed at the start of the road leading to ABB junction. This resulted in me taking nearly an hour to reach KR Pura which I usually reach in 25 mins. Thankfully, I had taken a day off today, so missed today's mess which I heard was/is worse.

I took a day off to explore my area and parts of South Bangalore which I used to roam around during college days. Sadly the rains have put mud and slush all over the roads and today morning on Uttarahalli Main road, another young life was taken due to a pothole sometime before I passed the area. Though the roads were not in good shape, I still see people ramming their two wheelers into every corner and empty space on the road and in between cars. Co-incidentally I was riding a Duke and I bet I was the slowest Duke rider ever since I saw many other bikes of all sizes and shapes being driven like mad. None of these people anticipate potholes and other surprises on the road. Typical scenario I witnessed was when a guy was stuck behind a car, and he finds some space to the left and moves left, just to spot a ditch and a mound of mud following it. He slammed the brakes and slowed down luckily before going into the pothole and then up the mound. If he had lost control, it would not be long before a heavy vehicle behind him ran over.

Last edited by audioholic : 11th October 2017 at 13:12.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed