Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 11:55   #14536
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
They must plan this over existing silk board flyover on ORR.
This is the exact problem planners fail to see (there could be technical challenges and I dont know as I am not a civil engineer) but the Elevated Highway over Hosur road end should have come down after the silkboard bottle neck or even split in three - one towards HSR layout on ORR, another one towards BTM again on ORR and one straight and landing someone after the Madiwala Police Station.

Similarly the Hebbal flyover should exit after the esteem mall bottle neck. Similarly for all other flyovers and exchanges.

What is the news of the elevated steel road over Inner Ring road (I think from somewhere near Ejpura and all the way to Koramangala water tank)?
Old 12th September 2017, 11:59   #14537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Now a new flyover to come up over existing North-South Hebbal flyover!
These guys are never going to be any use to the public but to their own pockets ! The pathetic flyover that was finished over 5 years on ORR above railway tracks near Gorukuntepalaya is the best example of money going down the drain! A truck and a car can not pass side by side on top of the flyover !!!

Hebbal still has enough space to widen the existing flyover (which they should have done in the first place at the time of construction). Now adding width to the existing one requires another smart brain to come out with a reliable structural expansion. That can not be done by a local politically favored contractor who can barely make strong walls around houses.

If they go ahead with the reported plan of a flyover over the existing one, we will need a 3rd one in 5 years which means a total construction mess in Hebbal for the next 6 years
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:09   #14538
Senior - BHPian

Saw this note from BTP on FB. People in and around KR Puram please expect traffic between 3-8 pm today.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-traffic.png  

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 13th September 2017 at 16:23. Reason: Edited the picture to remove names of the people from the screenshot
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:59   #14539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Saw this note from BTP on FB. People in and around KR Puram please expect traffic between 3-8 pm today.
What should I understand from the picture? Does the road along GREEN line is safe to use and should I avoid going near Yellow's and Red's / Purple.

ORR was bad today morning from Mahadevapura till Belandur, don't no how it was beyond Belandur though.

Cheers!

Last edited by treadmark : 13th September 2017 at 17:00.
Old 13th September 2017, 17:09   #14540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
What should I understand from the picture? Does the road along GREEN line is safe to use and should I avoid going near Yellow's and Red's / Purple.

ORR was bad today morning from Mahadevapura till Belandur, don't no how it was beyond Belandur though.

Cheers!
There is going to be congestion on all the lines marked (Color coding doesn't mean anything except to highlight the roads). Its mentioned in the comments on the photo by btp on the same screenshot.

Roads were choked all the way till Agara/HSR flyover today morning. Not sure what the issue was. It took me around 45 mins to reach sarjapur signal from Agara on my bike.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 13th September 2017 at 17:10.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 18:31   #14541
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
There is going to be congestion on all the lines marked (Color coding doesn't mean anything except to highlight the roads). Its mentioned in the comments on the photo by btp on the same screenshot.
Oh man, Just as I was to shutdown my machine, checked to get some updates on traffic and here I see this. I need to travel from ITPL to Tin Factory and there is no way I can bypass this

Any live updates on the situation?
Old 14th September 2017, 08:14   #14542
Distinguished - BHPian

4 Major roads around Bangalore airport to be upgraded.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le19676859.ece

The four roads are: Hoskote-Budigere-Mylenahalli-Devanahalli International Airport Road (22 km, ₹420 cr), Nelamangala-Madhure-Byatha Road (43.5 km, ₹505 crore), Anekal-Attibele-Sarjapur-Vartur-Whitefield-Hosakote Road (47.5 km, ₹625 crore), and Harohalli-Uruganadoddi-KIADB Industrial Area-Jigani-Anekal Road (42km, ₹545 crore).

4 routes mapped out to the best of my knowledge.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1505357295987.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1505357310535.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1505357526565.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1505357538018.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2017 at 09:04. Reason: back to back posts merged; Added a header text for clarity
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 09:10   #14543
Team-BHP Support

I think more than anything else whats killing the roads around NH207, Hoskote, Budigere, Devanahalli, airport etc is the unstructured flow of heavy vehicle traffic. This includes both heavy vehicle passing through these locations and heavy vehicles flowing into these locations (thanks to heavy real estate development). If that part of the story can be addressed well, I think situation will improve.

Because even if the roads in question are upgraded, they will succumb to the heavy vehicle traffic. I was around these locations very recently. Could really see how the situation has massively deteriorated. Broken roads, pot holes, pools of water, no roads around many places etc.

More than creating an infrastructure we need a way to hold what we already have.

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2017 at 09:12.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 10:44   #14544
Senior - BHPian

Happened to come across this report. Sorry the news is in Malayalam, but there are English commentaries in between to understand.

The petrol pump on old Madras road offers free snacks/food for the customers. Based on the amount of fuel filled, you will get samosas, tea, biryani etc.

Really ah?

Anyone experienced it. I wish this is not a "decent" way to divert your attention and fill your tank with lesser fuel.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 11:51   #14545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Roads were choked all the way till Agara/HSR flyover today morning. Not sure what the issue was. It took me around 45 mins to reach sarjapur signal from Agara on my bike.
Tell me about it. I took me 2.5 hours to traverse the 25 km distance from Hulimavu (Bannerghata road) to ITPL. I left at 7.45 am, reached the venue at 10.15.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:00   #14546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Anyone experienced it. I wish this is not a "decent" way to divert your attention and fill your tank with lesser fuel.
Haven't experienced it first hand as yet. Yet, going by the reports appearing in print and on TV, I understand that this is a novel initiative of IOC to fill in the stomachs of the customers while they come to fill in the belly of their vehicles! U fill Ur Tank! V Fill Ur Tummy!’ is their tagline. Interestingly, all food items will be given away free of cost in the first month.

Quote:
In an effort to reduce such trends that affect citizens’ health, a petrol bunk in the city is offering free food to consumers who stop over to refuel.

The novel concept launched in association with the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will be a reality at the Venkateshwara Service Station close to Indiranagar RTO on Old Madras Road starting
The 'eat while you fill' project is slated to be expanded to nearly 100 more IOC outlets in the near future.
Old 14th September 2017, 12:03   #14547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The Honourable CM visiting plus the fact that his bus broke down!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:45   #14548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think more than anything else whats killing the roads around NH207, Hoskote, Budigere, Devanahalli, airport etc is the unstructured flow of heavy vehicle traffic. This includes both heavy vehicle passing through these locations and heavy vehicles flowing into these locations (thanks to heavy real estate development). If that part of the story can be addressed well, I think situation will improve.

Because even if the roads in question are upgraded, they will succumb to the heavy vehicle traffic. I was around these locations very recently. Could really see how the situation has massively deteriorated. Broken roads, pot holes, pools of water, no roads around many places etc.

More than creating an infrastructure we need a way to hold what we already have.
Heavy vehicles have to be banned from our roads between 6 AM and 10 PM. This is the only way out. Its such an easy thing to enforce and do to just clear logjams over night, as opposed to building new flyovers - why can't the BBMP do it?

Oh I know, Real Estate Tycoons.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 14:11   #14549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The Honourable CM visiting plus the fact that his bus broke down!
Make that BUSES. The Chief Minister first sat in a bus whose AC had some defect. The replacement bus then broke down, forcing him to cut short the city rounds.

Indian Express

More interestingly, the famed Bengaluru traffic proved to be a great leveller. The CM was struck in a jam for 20 minutes on Hosur Road.

Poetic justice, perhaps!!!

Deccan Herald
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 14:49   #14550
BHPian

Off late, traffic is very heavy right from Kadubeesanahalli underpass till ecospace. Is it because of the new rules enforced for entering ecospace via service roads? Even the service roads are jammed!! Its taking close to 25 to 30 mins during peak hours to just exit the service road from new Wells Fargo building to the main road!! To top that, Embassy is building more tech parks inside Embassy Tech village!! Disaster waiting to happen!!
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks