Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 21:01   #14641
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Contrary to the above posts I had a good time on the road this evening. Left Malleswaram office at 5.15 pm and reached home near Manipal hospital by 5.50pm. One reason was the rains, so not many 2 wheelers and other being a holiday. Had concerns that after the rains the seshadripuram railway underpass might be clogged, but it was ok.
Bad news is work has been initiated at Shivananda Circle by blocking Right most lanes going towards Seshadripuram. I hope its not the steel fly over as this is the only sane route to exit Malleswaram and reach MG Road.
Same here. And I had been to office in my two wheeler. By stroke of luck, I left office when it stopped raining and reached home before the second spell started. All it took me was a little more than an hour. There was bad traffic in a few places, due to waterlogging. But thanks to the agility of two wheels, I could get through the gaps and reach home, with a dirty vehicle.

Now another spell of rain has started and I think it will get worse by tomorrow morning.
Old 5th October 2017, 21:19   #14642
Senior - BHPian

Its pouring again and not sure what the traffic will become like in the morning. Love the rains but the authorities have made it so stressful giving us such pathetic infrastructure !
Old 5th October 2017, 22:14   #14643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Evaluate alternate route via Varthur may be, but even internal routes are clogged today.
This is my regular route. And today left ITPB at 1800Hrs only to reach Chandapura (NH7) at 1930Hrs. Pretty reasonable as 1 hr 15 mins is the norm for me. There was the usual level of slow traffic at Varthur Kodi and Varthur one street town, but that was it.

At the same time, looks like Manyata Tech. Park area was having a tough time and The ORR near Banaswadi area was also slowly getting chocked. By then water levels at Sony World Jn, Wipro @ Koramangala area was I guess seeing the water levels go down.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 23:06   #14644
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I was returning late from office, and came across this bizarre situation. My entire windshield was suddenly engulfed in muddy water. The cabbie spotted the water at the last moment and he went into it at such a speed that the front bumper came off its mounting. He immediately slowed down and I carried on. Be careful when you spot a puddle. Given the excellent engineering by BBMP, it can even swallow a whole car. I cant imagine the fate of a motorcyclist in the same position as me. I guess this adds to the list of the hazards during driving.

audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 23:16   #14645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
I work at Manyata Tech Park. I got out of my office from H Block exactly @6 pm. I couldn't get out of Manyata till 7.20 pm. Heck, I couldn't even reach the gate (thats near the Indian Oil Petrol Pump). Thats when I lost my patience and came back to office. Considering my time taken when I was on a bike, I can only imagine what pain car owners would have gone through today.

God bless Bangalore. God bless the traffic. or Traff*ck I should say.
Update: Reached home (@new BEL Road) finally. Took the back gate route from Manyata, exiting at airport road near the Shell Petrol pump. The Hebbal flyover towards RT Nagar and Mekri Circle (While coming from Airport) is shut off. Which is surprising because vehicles were coming from the other lane towards the airport. Fellow BHPians using this route can take this into consideration.
Old 5th October 2017, 23:33   #14646
Distinguished - BHPian

Took me 2 hours to cover 500 meters.

A photo I received, which sums up our misery.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1507226611023.jpg  

Last edited by AtheK : 5th October 2017 at 23:42.
AtheK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 01:13   #14647
Senior - BHPian

Is this picture from inside EcoSpace today.
Old 6th October 2017, 05:18   #14648
Senior - BHPian

Good morning gents. Did a Chandapura-ITPB trip early in the morning.
1. No Water logging under the Heelalige ROB.
2. There is a tree fall between Heelalige and Ramasagara (just 300mts after the rail over bridge)
3. The route is completely clear after that.

PS: This is as of 0500Hrs today.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 07:28   #14649
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore situation is extremely alarming. Cant find a single thing called 'Road' in what used to be a great city once upon a time. Political greed and callous attitudes have ensured people get the short end of the stick. Every day we read of many people/families perishing trying to avoid pot holes. An emergency needs to declared! Below is the picture of the road leading to Vibgyor School in Munnekollala, Whitefield - The IT hub. My friend sends his kids there.

Believe me this picture is the main road at its best. Now there are deep wells filled with water, and just waiting to swallow a vehicle. God knows who has to die for authorities to wake up. Villages fare better in this regard.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-munnekollala.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:00   #14650
Senior - BHPian

Heavy traffic pile up from nimhans until Accenture office near Christ college. Reason being the road condition is very bad and vehicles are moving slowly.

Last edited by bblost : 6th October 2017 at 16:56. Reason: Multiple Typo's.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:27   #14651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Update: Reached home (@new BEL Road) finally. Took the back gate route from Manyata, exiting at airport road near the Shell Petrol pump. The Hebbal flyover towards RT Nagar and Mekri Circle (While coming from Airport) is shut off. Which is surprising because vehicles were coming from the other lane towards the airport. Fellow BHPians using this route can take this into consideration.
I started at 5:15 PM from Manyata tech park and took 2 hrs(7:10PM) to exit from Manyata .I took the gate5 (backgate) and the vehicles were not moving due to some literate gentlemen who were breaking the lane and it came to a standstill. It took overall 3 hrs to reach whitefield. The reason for the catastrophic jam was due to blockage of right turn from Manyata towards veerannapalya and not due to floods.
What is heard from other sources is that the service road in front of manpho convention center is blocked for GAIL pipeline work.There was no coordination between BBMP or BTP and manyata admin. the employees were not sent any warning mail.God bless bangalore
Old 6th October 2017, 10:38   #14652
BHPian

The road from oldmadras road to ayyappa nagar and hoodi was blocked last week. I saw some JCBs digging up the road and had to return back to OMR.
Any idea what is happening there? Any news when it will be open?
Old 6th October 2017, 11:06   #14653
BHPian

JCB along with the support of cops digging up Hosur Road, Opp. Madiwala Police Station. Expect traffic build up on ways leading to Madiwala from the city side.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:23   #14654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Is this picture from inside EcoSpace today.
No, this is from inside of manyata tech park.

PS: Roads are fine today.

Last edited by AtheK : 6th October 2017 at 11:25.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:51   #14655
Senior - BHPian

Heavy rains predicted today as well. (From TOI) Lets pray that it will not lead to more chaos on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks