Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 09:02   #15391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Now BTP to accept vehicle documents stored on digi locker. According to... documents such as DL, registration certificate, emission certificate stored in the app can be taken as proof. Insurance certificate may also be added onto the app.
One can pull the RC of the vehicles registered in one's own name only in Digilocker (since it is linked to Aadhar name) . Hence if somebody is driving a car registered to spouse's / parent's/ others name, they still need to carry the original RC as I understand.

I have not yet seen the option to pull emission certificate in Digilocker.
Old 7th February 2018, 09:53   #15392
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
The newly laid speed breakers in white topped ORR near Rammurthynagar
Cheers!
Tell me about it

Earlier there was only one each on both sides of road (nr. Nandi Toyota), now they have added two each. That too one of them is three piece pipe setup. First of all that stretch does not need speed breaker, but more reflectors on the edge or rumblers at most.
Old 7th February 2018, 10:05   #15393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Earlier there was only one each on both sides of road (nr. Nandi Toyota), now they have added two each. That too one of them is three piece pipe setup.
Bangalore is not known as a land of speedbreakers for nothing. We have them in all sizes at all places. Two rubber inserts have come up even on broken Whitefield road around HP petrol pump. We all just love it.
adi_gt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 10:14   #15394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Bangalore is not known as a land of speedbreakers for nothing. We have them in all sizes at all places. Two rubber inserts have come up even on broken Whitefield road around HP petrol pump. We all just love it.
Man, I was just thinking of the same thing when I came to work today. After a long time, I took the stretch between Benniganahalli and Brigade Metropolis, just to get stuck in a stupid jam because the metro workers had blocked the 1.5 lane road and made it 1 lane near HP petrol bunk. In the middle of all these, I see a board saying 'Metro Work in progress, Go Slow' and a badly laid rubber speed breaker. The country wont progress until common sense is injected as a vaccination to such dimwits. What do they expect? We will rip across the stretch at triple digit speeds?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 10:28   #15395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
How does this Digilocker thingy work; if they accept digital copy of license at non-DUI checkpoints then someone who has had his license confiscated for any reason can continue to show the digital copy at such checkpoints, no?
I believe cops will run a check on the DL to verify any violations. So in the scenario even if the person shows the digital copy he/she will still be caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
One can pull the RC of the vehicles registered in one's own name only in Digilocker (since it is linked to Aadhar name) . Hence if somebody is driving a car registered to spouse's / parent's/ others name, they still need to carry the original RC as I understand.

I have not yet seen the option to pull emission certificate in Digilocker.
There is an option to upload documents in the app. So you can upload your emission certificate there I think. I need to try and check this

Edit : I checked and see an option to download the emission certificate. You need to provide the vehicle number and it pulls the document
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-digi1.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-digi2.jpg  

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 7th February 2018 at 10:34.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 10:37   #15396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
There is an option to upload documents in the app. So you can upload your emission certificate there I think. I need to try and check this
Yes there is that option; but that won't have any linking to aadhaar and one can upload any documents, even others RC/DL copies using this method. So it no longer becomes associated with Aadhaar for authenticity. Needs clarity on how and where the features are to be used.

Edit:

Just saw your update. Thanks for checking this out. They have also made some other updates with needs to be checked out.

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 7th February 2018 at 10:55.
Old 7th February 2018, 10:38   #15397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Tell me about it

Earlier there was only one each on both sides of road (nr. Nandi Toyota), now they have added two each. That too one of them is three piece pipe setup. First of all that stretch does not need speed breaker, but more reflectors on the edge or rumblers at most.
After whitetop bhagya, we now have speedbreaker bhagya.

I do not quite understand why they were required in the first place. Now I have to seriously reconsider travelling by ring road. What used to take 40 minutes for the commute, took 1 hour 15 minutes today. Unless they remove these, the map will show Red round the clock. Nobody asked for "Give me Red"
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ringroad.jpg  

Old 7th February 2018, 13:30   #15398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
The newly laid speed breakers in white topped ORR near Rammurthynagar underpass is creating pile ups even for early morning commute. Roads were clogged for at-least few hundred metres before the speed breaker. Two wheelers had tough time negotiation it. Even four wheelers and above had to take it very slow, though I know speed breakers are meant for that but didn't feel it is designed properly.
Cheers!
According to BTP twitter (link here) , this was done to reduce accidents.

Metro work has started on bannerghatta road. I saw barricades put up from sagar hospital signal until the spar hypermarket stretch (towards nimhans).

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 7th February 2018 at 13:32.
Old 7th February 2018, 13:37   #15399
BHPian

I believe that speed breakers should be built in a way to ensure that traffic is able to negotiate it at the speed that it permitted in that spot. In most cases speed breakers are more of vehicle breakers since they need to be negotiated at, say, 5kph. Unless one is aware of their existence this may result in people braking hard which may result in rear ending. It should be mandatory to have warnings of the existence of speed breakers, multiples of them if the allowed speed in the area is higher. This would give sufficient time for braking.
Old 7th February 2018, 15:13   #15400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I believe that speed breakers should be built in a way to ensure that traffic is able to negotiate it at the speed that it permitted in that spot.
Then what is the point of the speedbreaker, if you needn't reduce speed to negotiate it? Speedbreakers are localized traffic calming devices; then need to result in speed reduction.

Having said that, we do have guidelines for speedbreakers: https://www.scribd.com/doc/41858526/...Speed-Breakers. Anybody's guess what percentage of them in Bangalore and elsewhere are compliant. :-)
Old 7th February 2018, 16:39   #15401
BHPian

Quote:
Speedbreakers are localized traffic calming devices; then need to result in speed reduction.
Agree, but mindless positioning add to the chaos. On a lighter note they are mostly used and positioned as a jamming device than a calming device.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th February 2018 at 18:11. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 7th February 2018, 17:11   #15402
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe it's raining pretty hard in the Yelahanka area! Any updates from others?
Old 7th February 2018, 17:19   #15403
BHPian

Obviously speed breakers are meant for reducing speed . But not for vehicles coming to a grinding halt!. This normally happens if there are two or three close together (whatever it is called technically).

Having said that, the only reason I can think of for these kind of speed breakers is that during very less traffic flow (say at midnight), I have seen some vehicles not even bothering to slow down on single speed breakers and jumping over.

BBMP considers all possible scenarios .
Old 7th February 2018, 17:53   #15404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I believe it's raining pretty hard in the Yelahanka area! Any updates from others?
It is raining here in Indira Nagar too. It will be chaos on the roads soon I think.
Old 7th February 2018, 18:03   #15405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is raining here in Indira Nagar too. It will be chaos on the roads soon I think.
Heavy rain in ITPL. Today there will be pandemonium on the roads for sure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks