Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 22:08   #15481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
We have flyovers on the ORR between Silkboard and K R Puram. Will the stations be located along the service road as I dont foresee the flyovers getting demolished because of this.
All the stations will be in the areas without the flyovers. The line however will pass through the center median in between the flyovers. The pillar height will be higher than the height of the flyovers to provide sufficient space to run the two lines. But construction might be a challenge since the space between the flyovers will be tight.

The biggest nightmare hasn't begun yet. A total of four metro tracks and a station will have to be constructed in Tin Factory Junction. Wonder how they are going to achieve it.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 22:30   #15482
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180216wa0011.jpg

I wish he must have suggested an alternate route as well.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 09:05   #15483
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic. There are some off-topic posts on the last page.
This is a 'Bangalore Traffic' thread, not 'Bangalore' thread. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 18:01   #15484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Attachment 1731680

I wish he must have suggested an alternate route as well.
Will it be okay on sunday, tomorrow?
Old 17th February 2018, 20:09   #15485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Will it be okay on sunday, tomorrow?
Yup, it will be. The rally has already ended.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 22:23   #15486
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know about other north Bangaloreans but we had a torrid time throughout the entire Hebbal - Devanahalli - Dodballabpur triangle. Even now (2130) when I returned from CBD, there are areas in complete paralysis due to the sheer number of buses and people trying to leave the venue.

The cops are trying to manage but they are not able to cope. Also noted stampede type scenes at every local bar I passed. I expect things to get a lot worse before it gets better. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Old 18th February 2018, 07:20   #15487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I don't know about other north Bangaloreans but we had a torrid time throughout the entire Hebbal - Devanahalli - Dodballabpur triangle.
ORR stretch near the Yeshwanthpur flyover was having more than normal traffic yesterday evening, thanks to this 'rally' buses.
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:51   #15488
Team-BHP Support

Why in the world does the ORR stretch between the Nayandahalli and Tumkur Road junctions need white-topping?
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:19   #15489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Why in the world does the ORR stretch between the Nayandahalli and Tumkur Road junctions need white-topping?
The same reason why the other ORRs were white-topped for, in the last few months. (read as "no-reason")
Election is nearing, they need to do something to gather votes right? For example, the ORR between Hebbal and KR Puram was perfectly fine except for few potholes which could've been just patched up properly. Instead they dug-up perfectly good tar roads and closed access to roads which caused immense inconvenience to public. Then they take their own sweet time and white-top it and open to public after few weeks. People start feeling happy that the roads are ready and forget about the inconvenience caused earlier, a win situation for gathering votes. They have fixed something which was not exactly broken at the first place.

Last edited by Funny : 23rd February 2018 at 20:21.
Old 23rd February 2018, 22:54   #15490
Team-BHP Support

Rhetorical question, of course.

That stretch falls on my regular route to the airport, and I've rarely ever encountered standstill traffic. It's one of few roads in Bangalore that has free-flowing traffic irrespective of time of day. Spent 30 mins each stuck at two seperate spots today. Shameless theft and misuse of taxpayer money.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd February 2018 at 22:56.
Old 23rd February 2018, 23:09   #15491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a game of the biggies, which involves the management of tech parks who have connections with netas, and then the netas who have connections with these contractors. They all got together and decided that this is the safest stretch of the ORR to rake some money for the elections. Lets consider the case if they had decided to white top the Bellandur - Marathahalli stretch. It would have had a majority of IT crowd blasting their HR, HR blasting the facilities team, facilities team contacting tech park owner, that guy using his influence to somehow prevent further work and so on. All this because any such work on this stretch will totally kill the flow of traffic. A damn BMTC bus can cause chaos in this area, leave alone closing even a single lane for white topping. Hence, no one dares to touch the other stretches of the ring road. That is why they attacked the poor stretch between Nayandahalli and Tumkur road. This was the better of the ring roads and didnt need much of maintenance currently.

Unfortunately, administration in Bangalore is reaching new lows every day. These are very prominent examples of how senseless things are becoming. I hope someone puts an end to this white topping scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
People start feeling happy that the roads are ready and forget about the inconvenience caused earlier, a win situation for gathering votes. They have fixed something which was not exactly broken at the first place.
Wait till the monsoons arrive. The happy people who will be zipping across the road in two wheelers will end up sliding all around the place if they brake. The cabbies with slick tyres will realise that the brake pedal suddenly turned a fancy button. Disaster waiting to happen. I dont thing they have grooved these roads like how NICE has done. If they have then they get a brownie point from my end.

Last edited by audioholic : 23rd February 2018 at 23:12.
Old 24th February 2018, 10:12   #15492
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.... I dont thing they have grooved these roads like how NICE has done. If they have then they get a brownie point from my end.
Forget all that, I don't think they've even bothered with laying down concrete consistently.

Couldn't get a pic as it was night time, but got a good side view of the layer of concrete. Empty pockets are obvious.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:01   #15493
BHPian

Quote:
Forget all that, I don't think they've even bothered with laying down concrete consistently.
The stretch near Ramamurthynagar, which is completed now, is also badly done. I vainly wish the old tar road was not replaced with this cement road. Lot of sections along the stretch are not evenly done resulting in vehicles suddenly encountering the undulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Wait till the monsoons arrive. The happy people who will be zipping across the road in two wheelers will end up sliding all around the place if they brake.
Unfortunately I use two wheeler for my daily commute and I am already facing the brunt of these badly done white topped roads.
Old 26th February 2018, 08:31   #15494
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello to the new week! Well, If I've started here, it certainly can't be a good start. But anyway, I don't know what's happened to the EC Exit towards Hosur. In the last 7 days, 3 of the 5 working days have seen this exit blocked completely.
Today the spillover was till the Bommanahalli side exit and hence I could take that exit. A U-turn in front of White feather and then I joined the Hosur road at the EC gate 1 signal. I saved 15 minutes at least; many of my company cabs who on other days reach office 15 minutes earlier than me, today came after me.

Even now If I see Google Maps, it's blood red
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-monday.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 26th February 2018 at 08:44.
Old 26th February 2018, 09:03   #15495
Senior - BHPian

I was not sure if I need to post in the Jokes thread. BBMP has said that there are 800 humps in the City and all of them are scientifically designed.

Near my house, one of the other agencies dug up the road to lay some cables across the road. They filled it shabbily and it wore off, they did it again with same results. They kept fixing it and now its fixed but there's a big hump as a result of repeated fixing :(

Clearly, the people responsible for public infrastructure, either for planning or maintenance are not fit for today's requirements. They are *$#Q# incompetent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks