Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2018, 11:42   #15541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

South Western Railway to introduce 8 new suburban services within a week in the Byappanahalli-Whitefield, Byappanahalli-Bangalore City and Banaswadi-Hosur Segments.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-swrscan.png

Source
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 19:15   #15542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Driving in Bangalore for close to a decade now, certain things still seem to catch me off guard. Listing the top 8 things which will shock you, leave you in awe and wonder if you are still in Bangalore:
Sorry if I didn't understand this post correctly. Are you saying that such a thing happens in Bangalore and you've actually witnessed this or are you hoping that these things will happen?
Old 10th March 2018, 18:06   #15543
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news on metro construction front -
Link

Quote:
Last night, a crew from ITD Cementation India last launched their first precast segment near Phoenix Hypercity Mall in Mahadevapura for building Bangalore Metro’s 8.039km Reach 1A between the existing Baiyappanahalli Station and the upcoming Visvesvaraya Industrial Area Station as part of the 15.257 km eastern extension of the 18 km Purple Line
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2018, 20:14   #15544
Senior - BHPian

One problem in Bangalore roads or for the matter Indian roads is the 'King of the Road syndrome'. Also known as 'My Father's Road'.
Empty road, single two wheeler puttering along with rider busy on the mobile phone, No rear view mirrors, my bet is he will be in the middle of the road. Same with almost any class of vehicle. He will not give space to a faster vehicle coming up from behind, Oncoming vehicle can squeeze left to cross him, But him and his call are the most important thing.
Of course this may also be an inbuilt safety thought to avoid and potential vehicles/ dogs/ pedestrians/ carts/ parked vehicles which may suddenly show up.
An unrelated pic showing the new HSRP in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_0600.jpg  

wildsdi5530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 22:12   #15545
Senior - BHPian

Some respite for people using the Old Airport road for daily commute:

http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/63101199.cms
Old 12th March 2018, 09:21   #15546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
An unrelated pic showing the new HSRP in Bangalore.
That's taking the Security in the HSRP to a different level
The worst of the lot are those tractor-trailer water tankers - most of them don't have a number plate, and worse, no mirrors and lights as well. Often times, they're driven by a juvenile with lots of adrenaline
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 10:05   #15547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Some respite for people using the Old Airport road for daily commute....
Did you forget the '/s'?

They say nine months, so a safe bet the road can be kissed goodbye as a commuting option for a year+.
Old 12th March 2018, 11:55   #15548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
South Western Railway to introduce 8 new suburban services within a week in the Byappanahalli-Whitefield, Byappanahalli-Bangalore City and Banaswadi-Hosur Segments.
Must be a little bit of election influence. The new suburban services mentioned in the above post have started today. Detailed timings below. Although the timings may not be perfect, in my view any progress on the suburban rail for Bangalore is good news.

An important good thing about the new services on the Hosur-Banaswadi line is that they go through Baiyappanahalli , which opens up the metro connectivity. Areas around Marathahalli, Kadubeesanahalli are pretty close to Belandur Station and RMZ Ecoworld, Ecospace quite accessible from Carmelaram.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-newtrain1.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-newtrain2.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-newtrain3.jpg

Reaching Baiyappnanahalli from Belandur/Sarjapur Road in 10-15 min is pretty much impossible by road-irrespective of the time.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 12:20   #15549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Areas around Marathahalli, Kadubeesanahalli are pretty close to Belandur Station and RMZ Ecoworld, Ecospace quite accessible from Carmelaram.
This is awesome, thanks! Can anyone who has used the Bellandur/Carmelaram stations provide info about the connectivity options from there to the ORR?

If I need to get from Carmelaram station to EcoWorld, are there autos/share autos or buses available? It seems just a bit too much to walk there and back everyday. Perhaps a cheap bicycle that I can leave chained overnight at the station might help.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 15:06   #15550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj
The new suburban services mentioned in the above post have started today. Detailed timings below. Although the timings may not be perfect, in my view any progress on the suburban rail for Bangalore is good news.
Thanks for posting this here. I did some quick checks using http://www.trainenquiry.com web site. I mashed the time tables you provided with the existing time table.

For me the nearest rail head is Heelalige (HLE), and trying other stations like CRLM etc. makes the whole exercise meaningless. I see that if I leave at 6:55 in the morning, I have a fair chance of reaching office by 9:30AM. The next only possible option for me is the new train at 11:45AM. Then I would only be at my office cubicle at 1:30PM.

The return leg is even more trickier. I just have one option/train. That is the 18:51 Dharmapuri Passenger. In order to catch that train, I would have to rely on the AJJ-SBC passenger or the newly introduced DMU. Which means that I would have to leave office no later than 5:30PM.

My office's core working hours may help me to run out at 5:30PM, provided I reach at 9:30AM. But with client calls etc. being a daily affair (starting at 6:30PM till around 08:00PM), I don't think a "daily commute by train" is going to be possible for me.

Sharing the time tables, so that it may be of use to many others.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hlewfd.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wfdhle.jpg  

sachinpk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 16:01   #15551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
This is awesome, thanks! Can anyone who has used the Bellandur/Carmelaram stations provide info about the connectivity options from there to the ORR?

If I need to get from Carmelaram station to EcoWorld, are there autos/share autos or buses available? It seems just a bit too much to walk there and back everyday. Perhaps a cheap bicycle that I can leave chained overnight at the station might help.
Carmelaram Station is about 10-12 min from Ecoword via the Adarsh Back Road. On this route you will need to rely on cab or autos. Not sure of the availability to Carmelaram from inside Ecoworld.

From Carmelaram Station, plenty of auto's are typically available including share auto's (not sure of the rates though). For bus access, Carmelaram is very close to Sarjapur Road from where you get buses to Iblur Jn ORR. From there need to change over. It is round about way and not beneficial if destination is tech parks on the ORR in Belandur/Marathahalli.

Would not advice leaving a cycle overnight at the station. There is no paid parking lot there and would be risky.

Belandur Station works if you are in the Kadubeesanahalli area. It is about 10-12 min walk from the Kadubeesanahalli Jn above the underpass.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 08:31   #15552
Distinguished - BHPian

Both ways KIAL toll from this weekend onwards. Better budget 10/15 minutes extra especially for morning flights.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/beng...w/63276943.cms
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 10:33   #15553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Both ways KIAL toll from this weekend onwards. Better budget 10/15 minutes extra especially for morning flights.

No need to panic.
You can still use the Bellary road and avoid the toll while commuting towards airport.
On the bellary road, at chikkajala junction take the service road and turn right which leads to BK halli road and then connect to new airport road(Route 1).
Else , continue straight on Bellary road and turn right at the MC donalds junction towards BK halli road which will again connect to New Airport road(Route 2).

Route1 map
https://goo.gl/maps/5aLQPWkiPUH2

Route2 map
https://goo.gl/maps/vuxH3CDHuWt

There is also a Route3 wherein, you can avoid bellary road and instead take the Thanisandra main road, turn right at Bagalur Main road,continue on BK halli main road and again again connect to New Airport road.
Route3 Map
https://goo.gl/maps/bsq3AiYykdS2
The new airport road is accessible from North ,central and east bangalore

Last edited by AshiqueS : 13th March 2018 at 10:34.
AshiqueS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 11:01   #15554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

So, what happens to the toll booth after the KIAL toll (under the airport flyover)? Will they shut it down?

Last edited by theredliner : 13th March 2018 at 11:09.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 11:29   #15555
Senior - BHPian

Congress party rally/people-connect happening next to Forum Value Mall. Major traffic jam at Varthur one-street town, with traffic policemen all deployed else where. Took around 45 min to cross Varthur and reach ITPL :(.

A bike rally and foot march was just about to start, to add to the fun.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks