Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2018, 11:28   #15511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Talking about educated parents and affluent schools and bad driving/riding, here is a normal day activity in front of one such school near Jakkur Aerodrome.

All these parents are doing the right thing and setting the right example for their kids by not only parking neatly blocking lanes at will but also following the law of the land (Pan India) where turning on Hazards gives them right of way on a one way stretch, a right to say what they are doing is right, and a right way of fooling the law.

At the beginning of the video notice how few vehicles take a U Turn to get onto the KIAL elevated road.

That Private bus driver who takes a U-Turn, well, he for sure is less educated but still doing what these parents are doing anyway!

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th February 2018 at 11:31.
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 17:16   #15512
BHPian

Educated drivers cause most road accidents, school dropouts safest.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63087849.cms

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/so-le...ts-chakrabarty
Old 28th February 2018, 17:42   #15513
BHPian

Glad to report that the traffic on Bellary Road has decreased greatly in the last couple of weeks, the bottlenecks are being monitored and handled well by BTP. My commute to and from my office in MG Road to my home in Yelahanka has been surprisingly pleasurable from the past week.
Old 1st March 2018, 17:06   #15514
BHPian

Wanted to check. How's the condition of wind tunnel road connecting to prestige tech park via kariyammana agrahara? I have to go to prestige tech park for a week. Silk Board route got on my nerves today. Looking at alternatives.
Old 2nd March 2018, 08:50   #15515
BHPian

Update on wind tunnel road: Minor Irrigation department is doing Major work near Kempapura/someshwara temple and hence road is blocked. Spoke to site incharge. He said it might take another 2 months for their work to complete. The work going on is related to bellandur lake mess.
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:00   #15516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
The work going on is related to bellandur lake mess.
The news we (residents of the area) have is that it is part of the Bangalore-Kolar pipeline project.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...t-1567840.html
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:42   #15517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The news we (residents of the area) have is that it is part of the Bangalore-Kolar pipeline project.
Thanks for the update. Does that mean sewage won't be let into bellandur lake once this is completed? OR is this totally unrelated to bellandur lake issue
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:20   #15518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Does that mean sewage won't be let into bellandur lake once this is completed? OR is this totally unrelated to bellandur lake issue
This is totally unrelated to the Bellandur lake issue.

1. Treated sewage will not be dumped into the lake; after spending crores on setting up the treatment plants they will have to use treated water for some productive use (the Bangalore-Kolar pipeline will take treated water to farmlands for irrigation).

2. Untreated sewage cannot be dumped into the lake; already BBMP is neck-deep in trouble about how it has treated the water bodies of Bangalore (pun intended). They wouldn't want to invite more wrath by doing this.

3. Fresh water will not be dumped in the lake (except in small quantities, and as a reactive measure to froth/fire etc. issues). The Kaveri tribunal will not allow it and BBMP has no other source for fresh water unless it wants to buy tankers like the rest of us do.
Old 5th March 2018, 10:28   #15519
BHPian

Can anyone please help me by sharing these pics with Bangalore traffic police Facebook page or Twitter ? I do not use both & hence this request. Had a scary nearmiss by this vehicle today morning & I hope nothing untoward happened to anyone else as well.

Date/ time: 5-mar-18, 8:30 am
Place: Avalahalli gate (opp prestige apts) yelahanka - Doddaballapura road.

Couple of times the truck was dangerously close to dropping it's load / topple. Some grain was leaking from the bags & I guess truck was headed to the cattle feed factory at rajankunte. You could see the fallen bags picked & kept inside the cabin. Caused a 1 km long traffic queue & the chap was driving left & right to keep the truck level.

I was literally scared of overtaking thru right side, so waited till he was on right lane. I was midway on the left & the truck drifted to left pushing me off road. People like these should be booked for criminal negligence.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20180305_083432848.jpg  

Old 5th March 2018, 12:10   #15520
Distinguished - BHPian

Mixture of good news and not-so-good news.

Quote:
The much-awaited alternative road to Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) and the long-pending Hennur flyover were “inaugurated” by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday. But this is hardly good news for city residents as both the projects are still incomplete.
News Source

The CM inaugurated the alternate road to the KIA but it is still incomplete
Old 5th March 2018, 13:07   #15521
BHPian

alternate road to the KIA is operational.My friend drove through it yesterday.
Hennur flyover is also opened
Old 5th March 2018, 13:36   #15522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
alternate road to the KIA is operational.My friend drove through it yesterday.
Hennur flyover is also opened
Ramamurthy Nagar bridge was also inaugrated and its still under construction. I saw it today. What about Horamavu railway under pass ? As per reports it was inaugrated but is it operational ?
Old 5th March 2018, 15:26   #15523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Ramamurthy Nagar bridge was also inaugrated and its still under construction. I saw it today. What about Horamavu railway under pass ? As per reports it was inaugrated but is it operational ?
Both Ramamurty Nagar bridge and Horamavu underpass is still under construction.
Old 5th March 2018, 16:25   #15524
Senior - BHPian

I use the BTM layout ring road from Banashankari. With the metro work going on, are there any good alternatives to this to reach silk board ? Will driving on ORR upto Bannerghatta road and taking some internal road to reach BTM bus stand ok or I need to change to Jayanagar-Diary circle- St Johns to come to ORR (Cessna)
Old 5th March 2018, 20:03   #15525
Senior - BHPian

Airport-Electronic City Heli taxi service from Today
"BENGALURU: Kochi-based Thumby Aviation Private Limited is all set to launch first-of-its-kind helicopter taxi service tomorrow connecting a couple of locations from Kempegowda International Airport here.

"We are launching tomorrow country's first-of-its-kind heli taxi service connecting a couple of places from BIAL," Thumby Aviation Chairman and Managing director Captain K N G Nair told PTI here.

The one-way trip will fly people approximately in 15 minutes from KIAL to Electronic City and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited airport, he said. The service is being priced at Rs 4,130 per seat including GST"

Source: Economic Times

Last edited by Latheesh : 5th March 2018 at 20:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks