Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 10:46   #15631
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Had a taste of this today, thankfully it didn't mess with the work. I went to pick my son up from the Amritha Vidyalayam on the Ullal road at 1230 and was horrified to see around 30/35 KSRTC and BMTC buses hogging both the lanes and grinding the traffic to a halt.

I got the best of everything. Needed to go for a funeral in Sanjaynagar. Was advised to avoid Palace grounds and go via Hennur.

Lost 45 min since a 65 foot Hanuman monolith was being transported and loads of devotees streaming the area. Not to mention the waste of water being used to clean the road for this to pass.

Lost another 30 min as the outer ring road was jammed outside Manyata onwards. I hate to think what a weekday looks like. Reached towards the tailend of the funeral.

Returning, avoided the Palace Ground and came via Sadashivnagar. Slight delay but traffic towards airport was backed up all the way to CTO.
Old 9th April 2018, 11:38   #15632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I would suggest posting your experience on the BTP facebook page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1 to this.

@BenjiRoss - you have the challan details so post your experience along with the challan details on the BTP facebook page (along with date, time etc). They should be able to identify which cop/team was on active duty that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Um, as far as I know the sunfilm ban is valid throughout India, how will OP defend the fact that he has sunfilm pasted in his car because that argument will follow if he posts the actual reason why the challan was issued to begin with.
Thanks for the responses. I was annoyed with the extras I was accused of and not the Sunfilm fine.
The post was also to let visitors to Bangalore know that they will probably get pulled over and all others to carefully look at the challan before paying. In my case, I was looking at the challan printer as he showed me the sunfilm entry, but failed to notice that he had quietly ticked off 4 other fines without showing me.
I'm unfortunately not the kind of person who accepts this kind of fleecing.
I completely acknowledge that I have made a legal error with Sunfilm.
Old 9th April 2018, 11:40   #15633
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the situation at hennur road now? Any real updates from folks here?
Old 9th April 2018, 11:53   #15634
Senior - BHPian

Cauvery water row: Kannada outfits call for Karnataka bandh on April 12.

Quote:
BENGALURU: Pro-Kannada outfits on Thursday called for a bandh in poll-bound Karnataka on April 12 in a counter to the ongoing stir in neighbouring Tamil Nadu for an early setting up of the Centre to form Cauvery Management Board (CMB).

The Karnataka bandh call came amid the DMK-led opposition parties observing a state-wide shutdown in Tamil Nadu on Monday, demanding early setting up of CMB to ensure water for farmers as per the Supreme Court orders.
News Source : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63629438.cms
Old 9th April 2018, 17:25   #15635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight
I'm not being judgmental here, the sunfilm ban was amongst the silliest bans in this country where a total driving population was affected due to a dozen crimes, it simply doesn't make sense even today.
The sad part is that this rule/law was actually put in by the judiciary and not the elected body of the people; the Parliament. The Parliament passed the Motor Vehicle Act & Rules and they were clear on the usage of sunfilm. The only condition was that it should have 50% visibility. And on the topic of sun film ban in Bengaluru; just look around and we can see big vehicles (Innova, BMW types with sun films having 0% visibility). The owners are the rich & mighty people of KA. No Traffic Police officer dear touch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530
Bangalore Traffic Police has collected a record breaking amount in fines last year.
Interceptors are now being put to effective use. Earlier they were not see on Elevated Highway, now they are a regular site. Most of the time they are running radar on the Hosur to Bangalore direction (as more gullible out-side the state vehicles would land up). Heard that they also operate on the NICE road these days.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 19:12   #15636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The Parliament passed the Motor Vehicle Act & Rules and they were clear on the usage of sunfilm. The only condition was that it should have 50% visibility.
Don't think that is correct. The law only allows for tinted glass with the 70%/50% rule. That non-OEM sunfilm is allowed by the law is a myth promoted by the vendors and mechanics.

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/181042758/ - paras 17 & 18 are of relevance.

(Probably a topic beaten to death here)
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 19:34   #15637
Distinguished - BHPian

+1, We have beaten that topic to death!

In simple words, the VLT is for the Glass and not the Film. So no film of any VLT is allowed.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 20:10   #15638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Cauvery water row: Kannada outfits call for Karnataka bandh on April 12.
It's called off. No bandh, says Vatal Nagaraj.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...calls-it-79289
Old 10th April 2018, 11:14   #15639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand
Don't think that is correct. The law only allows for tinted glass with the 70%/50% rule. That non-OEM sunfilm is allowed by the law is a myth promoted by the vendors and mechanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
In simple words, the VLT is for the Glass and not the Film. So no film of any VLT is allowed.
I stand corrected. From the link posted...
26. The manufacturer of the vehicle may manufacture the vehicles with tinted glasses which have Visual Light Transmission (VLT) of safety glasses windscreen (front and rear) as 70 per cent VLT and side glasses as 40 per cent VLT, respectively. No black film or any other material can be pasted on the windscreens and side glasses of a vehicle.

So the onus to provide the wind screens with the right VLT has now been pushed to the vehicle manufacturers (who naturally would give the deal to the windscreen manufacturing companies). Any idea if any vehicle manufacturer have started making cars with such specifications?
Old 10th April 2018, 11:29   #15640
BHPian

Quote:
Interceptors are now being put to effective use....
Heard that they also operate on the NICE road these days.
Does the NICE even come under their jurisdiction? I remember reading that the traffic police can step foot only if there's an accident in NICE.
Old 10th April 2018, 12:48   #15641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Does the NICE even come under their jurisdiction? I remember reading that the traffic police can step foot only if there's an accident in NICE.
That was my understanding as well. Because NHAI dictates don't run in NICE. For eg: NICE has no plans to implement FasTag and NHAI cannot do any thing. I don't know if the Bengaluru Traffic Police and NICE company have decided on some 'working arrangement'.
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 06:02   #15642
BHPian

Traffic Alert
Madivala water tank signal towards Madivala Market road is being excavated and there is single lane of vehicles. Already buses, Vans and cars were lined up at morning 6am.
Just saw it while going opposite side.
Old 14th April 2018, 08:17   #15643
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing. NCR builds a 135km 6 lane expressway in 500 days while KA cannot even manage white-topping much less the PRR, STRR, NICE to Mysore, BLR-CHE Expressway just to name a few!

Makes me despair for this state.

Delhi traffic to get relief – Thanks to Eastern Peripheral Expressway
https://www.rushlane.com/eastern-per...-12267866.html
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-easternpreipheralexpressway001.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th April 2018 at 08:20.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 09:40   #15644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the onus to provide the wind screens with the right VLT has now been pushed to the vehicle manufacturers (who naturally would give the deal to the windscreen manufacturing companies). Any idea if any vehicle manufacturer have started making cars with such specifications?
From what I recall, even before the SC judgment many high-end cars did have OEM windshields of the right VLT. Post the judgment and exhaustion of appeals I suppose even budget cars have it now. Pre or post the judgment, one could have gotten the windshield/window glass swapped if one really wanted to be compliant with the law.

I bought a Polo last November; it has factory-tinted windshields and side window glasses.

As far as manufacturers go - according to a b-school mate of mine (who worked in the glass industry) the only two that matter in the automobile glass sector are Saint Gobain and Asahi India.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 19:59   #15645
BHPian

Have a 6.20 am flight to catch on Monday morning, traveling with family. Since I have to reach the airport atleast 2 hours before, thinking of leaving at midnight (from JP Nagar) and have the kids snooze for a while at the airport itself. This would also give me a buffer in case a cab ditches me- had to self drive to the airport a year back, when the cab did not show up, and that is not an option now.

2 questions:
1. Who is a reliable taxi operator for an airport drop at mid-night
2. Any shenanigans to be expected- like taxi driver slyly making me buy a 2 way toll ticket.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks