Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2018, 10:43   #15706
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
There was some rumours going around about malls and multiplexes to be closed until 6PM tomorrow. Not sure if it is going to be implemented though.
I could only book tickets at PVR Elements Mall after 6PM, while Sunday had shows from morning till late night.
Old 14th May 2018, 14:23   #15707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hemanth has summed it up rightly. When I was in the train this evening at 5 I could see traffic on ORR coming towards KR Pura backed up for quite some distance. Most of the people who are voting outside of Bangalore are heading to their destinations. The train from Hoodi to Bangalore city itself was at heights of being crowded.

The added fact that there are less policemen to control traffic would give transport buses, trucks and vans a gala time and they will stop all over the place. The recent works related to metro have further screwed up the available road width at Tin Factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Metro construction + Rain + Friday + People going to their native places for tomorrow's election = Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Can someone help me understand the traffic mayhem around KRPuram,ITI,Ramamurthy Nagar,TC Palya Main Road area ? It's been a catastrophe since morning and has reached the crescendo now.
Was complete mayhem on Friday evening. Took me 2.5 hours to reach home in Mahadevapura from Sarjapur Road, of which the last 90 minutes was from Doddanekundi. Driving on ORR was fine, while traffic was slow from ISRO onwards it was moving. The chaos was below the flyovers with no cops to manage and it was a field-day for the private buses, TTs, cabs, autos and company buses who had choked the part below the flyover. Enough has been said about the nobel-prize winning designs of the service lanes and junctions below the flyovers and these demonstrated their prowess on Friday. Rain / non existent roads and potholes added to the chaos.

And to make matters worse, I saw a couple of intra-city private buses (the ones that do BSK - Hebbal) merrily driving on the wrong side of ORR with all their hazard lights on and horns blaring, to reach quicker. It is a known fact these morons will never learn and that is why they are driving a bus, but where are the cops and regulators? Unless we have a draconian law, situations such as these will become the new normal in Bangalore (and India)
Old 15th May 2018, 05:41   #15708
BHPian

Quote:

I have completely altered my commute to office due to all the ongoing mess. Usage of car has reduced to one or two days a week. I am happily commuting by train and it is a happy feeling to sail on rails next to the road and stare at the standing traffic around. Thats why it was a long time since I posted here

Add me to the list. I took up a new job in Vijaynagar travelling from HSR. This compared to my previous job travelling to BEllandur/ Whitefield/EPIP.

Travelling by car consistently takes me an hour each way. The surprising thing is that it is not as stressful as my commute on ORR. On ORR, it was a constant inching forward at 5 kmph. In the city, you stop at a signal, drive at decent speeds to the next and then wait for 1-2 min. You can switch off the engine and relax a bit. I also find my fuel economy has increased from 9 to 10 kmpl.

But, my preferred mode of transport has become the metro. My office is around 5 min from the metro station, so I just take my scooter up to Indiranagar metro and ride on the train. My actual travel time reduces to 45-50 minutes but door to door time is around 1 hour because of the security, walking etc. But in terms of mental effort, it is a world of difference.
jaganm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 08:08   #15709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Can someone help me understand the traffic mayhem around KRPuram
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Metro construction + Rain + Friday +
Quote:
Hemanth has summed it up rightly.
It was utter chaos on last Friday. Usually I take Belandur Lake Road ~ HAL ~ Bypanahalli Metro ~ MS Nagar (ITC), but on last Friday due to some block in lake road ended up taking ORR. It was all good until I reached Marthahalli but then it took more than 90 minutes from ISRO to Tin factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Was complete mayhem on Friday evening. Took me 2.5 hours to reach home in Mahadevapura from Sarjapur Road, of which the last 90 minutes was from Doddanekundi.
I must have shared the same space with you on that day, Mahadevapura, KR Puram and Tin factory was even bad than Doddanekundi.

Cheers!
Old 15th May 2018, 16:45   #15710
BHPian

I was utterly frustrated with traffic situation during the last 2 days and wanted to share my thoughts here.

My opinion is that the bad traffic situation is not just because of bad roads or infra, instead we get into a traffic jam most times due to "man made chaos". We all know the way our beloved cabbies and autowalas drive to make the situation more chaotic.

It took 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours for me on Friday and Monday respectively from ITPL to Mahadevapura (Outer Ring Road) which is approximately 7km and it happened because of the wonderful traffic sense we have. And I was disappointed to see a team-bhpian driving in the right most lane and blocking the traffic coming from the opposite direction. Its shame on him to be driving like that.

This happened on the road right behind Brigade Metropolis where the road is very narrow and we need to be disciplined to have a seamless drive. But there were numerous autos and cabbies driving on the right most lane which was frustrating, and even more frustrating and shameful was seeing somebody from our community doing the same mistake as those cabbies. We were stranded on that stretch of 0.5km for almost 45 min due to this stupid driving of some people.

I wanted to stop him and speak but it was raining heavily and i might create more chaos by leaving my car without a driver. We all want to reach home faster after work and hence we should be cognizant and sensible about the traffic to make everybody's life happy on road.

Iam attaching a pic of the TEAM-BHPian's car here. Whoever it is, if you are watching, please be more sensible while driving.Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img5866.jpg

Cheers and drive safe.
CrankShaft
CrankShaft05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 18:40   #15711
BHPian

I hope this is not too late to post. There seems to be a huge pile up of traffic just before Ecospace. Heads up for those coming towards Sarjapur road.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20180518183245_01.jpg
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 19:17   #15712
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad decision taking bike to work today. In the way back home it was a slush fest and loads of water logging. Thankfully I took some inner roads around HAL airport and Indiranagar and didnt take the ring road. Thankfully the bike is due for service tomorrow so I wont have to clean it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
I hope this is not too late to post. There seems to be a huge pile up of traffic just before Ecospace. Heads up for those coming towards Sarjapur road.

Attachment 1762146
Seasons come and seasons go, but the mess due to rain stays. I think people around this place are pretty calm or somehow don't bother about the state of affairs. The Ecospace management had a tough time last monsoons with water logging and related issues. Yet they don't seem to have taken any measures. Recently turned down a job offer since the work location was Ecoworld
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:56   #15713
Senior - BHPian

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/ne...ed-671302.html

Did not see any visible ban when I traveled on this route at around 09:45AM today. The usual trouble makers, concrete mixer trucks, tipper trucks and off course the BMTC buses were all plying on the bridge.
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:56   #15714
Team-BHP Support

Avoid the city centre between 3-7 due to the swearing in ceremoney outside Vidhan Soudha

Last edited by ajmat : 24th May 2018 at 17:20.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 12:14   #15715
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic Cameras: Overhead lane cameras - one for each lane
Where: just after the Big Bazaar flyover down ramp when heading towards Hebbal from BEL Circle
https://goo.gl/maps/TGFMz3NBvtK2

Usually there are cops stationed near hebbal lake, not sure if inputs from the cameras will be accessible to the cops.

IMHO, bad positioning as the speed when you get off that flyover is always 40-50 kmph thanks to some strategically placed potholes + heavy vehicles occupying multiple lanes.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 13:23   #15716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post

Attachment 1762146
I was in the thick of it yesterday. From Kadubeesanahalli till HSR took close to an hour :(
Old 24th May 2018, 13:22   #15717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Traffic Cameras:.
Coming up at multiple spots now usually at the gateways to BLR. More likely to be ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras for generally tracking vehicles and for intelligent traffic management. Less likely to be general speed cameras.

Hebbal flyover loop to be ready by year-end
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le23970904.ece

Any practical fallout of this yet on the morning commute into BLR?

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2018 at 13:33. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 22:59   #15718
Distinguished - BHPian

Start of Bellandur / Ecospace flyover has been dug out, looks like there is some work undertaken to fix the waterlogging near flyover. Hope it is done before rains, slow moving traffic here is causing pile up till Kadubeesinahalli most evenings.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 11:00   #15719
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile the much promised suburban network in Bengaluru seems to have started hitting road (err. rail) blocks.
Techies oppose cancellation of two trains to IT corridor | Deccan Herald
SWR officials, who announced the temporary cancellation of trains on Twitter, cited track renewal and maintenance work between the Byappanahalli and Hosur section as the reason. "The trains will be cancelled for a period of five months, from May 26 to October 25," the message read.
On the return direction, the 3.20 pm train from Hosur to Banaswadi had good ridership, ranging from 1,500 to 2,000 passengers as many in the IT sector complete their general shifts and return to the city in the late afternoon.
The morning train that leaves Banaswadi at 9.30 am and reaches Hosur at 11 am had limited ridership. The numbers were even lower for the return trip, as the train leaves at 11.15 am from Hosur.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 11:53   #15720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Meanwhile the much promised suburban network in Bengaluru seems to have started hitting road (err. rail) blocks.
Techies oppose cancellation of two trains to IT corridor | Deccan Herald
SWR officials, who announced the temporary cancellation of trains on Twitter, cited track renewal and maintenance work between the Byappanahalli and Hosur section as the reason. "The trains will be cancelled for a period of five months, from May 26 to October 25," the message read.
On the return direction, the 3.20 pm train from Hosur to Banaswadi had good ridership, ranging from 1,500 to 2,000 passengers as many in the IT sector complete their general shifts and return to the city in the late afternoon.
The morning train that leaves Banaswadi at 9.30 am and reaches Hosur at 11 am had limited ridership. The numbers were even lower for the return trip, as the train leaves at 11.15 am from Hosur.
This is disappointing news. The fact that these trains touched Baiyappananahalli which has the metro integration was a huge plus. Just last week I had to go from Sarjapur Road to MG Road. Google was showing 1 hr 15 min, was not keen to drive. Uber was showing Rs 350 for the trip. The timing was right to catch the 12PM train from Carmelaram station. Boarded the train at ~12.15, reached Baiyappanahalli at 12.30,was able to get the 12.39 Metro and reached Trinity by 12.50. Cost: Rs 10 for the train and 18 for the Metro.

Hope they bring it back as promised after track renewal and was not an election gimmick. Also heard the doubling survey was getting done. These can really increase the potential of this route.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks