Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2018, 19:07   #15556
BHPian

Got a forwarded message in one of the whatsapp thats a cement mixer has toppled on a Skoda Superb near Silk Board Signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1521121035345.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1521121047469.jpg  

Last edited by kiran_cr : 15th March 2018 at 19:08.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 12:22   #15557
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

A whatsapp forward under circulation at the moment:

Quote:
To all the commuters travelling from or to work towards k.r.puram from vijinapur service road or k.r.puram underpass road ..there is oil spilled on the road n due to drizzling there is static friction due to which bikes wud skid if you apply sudden brakes ..there are too many people who jus
suffered an accident .....a women just lost her life ......a sincere request pls avoid this road pls FWD it asap
Any truth? Want to shoot it down and hence confirming if any one has a first hand information on this.
Old 16th March 2018, 13:36   #15558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
A whatsapp forward under circulation at the moment:

Any truth? Want to shoot it down and hence confirming if any one has a first hand information on this.
Static friction ??
After the first showers, it is usual the roads will be slippery. This looks like any other whatsapp foward.
Old 16th March 2018, 15:24   #15559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Got a forwarded message in one of the whatsapp thats a cement mixer has toppled on a Skoda Superb near Silk Board Signal.
One more image of the same accident that I received from a friend who passed by in the evening.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180315wa0020.jpg
I don't know if anybody was in the rear seat. If not, then the driver sure is lucky
Old 16th March 2018, 19:19   #15560
BHPian

It's someone I know. He is unharmed.
Mad Max is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 19:09   #15561
BHPian

I heard that there is strike by Ola and Uber cab drivers starting tonight midnight. I am arriving Bangalore tomorrow early morning by train. Will there be any alternatives and will the strike be severe ? Thanks in advance !
Old 18th March 2018, 07:11   #15562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I heard that there is strike by Ola and Uber cab drivers starting tonight midnight. I am arriving Bangalore tomorrow early morning by train. Will there be any alternatives and will the strike be severe ? Thanks in advance !
I maybe late here, but there is a pre paid auto stand and a meter taxi at the Bangalore Centra and Yeshwanthpur lrailway station. There will be long lines at these but you need not wait for more than 20 minutes.
Old 18th March 2018, 09:41   #15563
BHPian

Thank you! I got down at KRpuram station at 3am and Ola was available immediately. Drivers were not aware of the strike and no issues so far.
Old 19th March 2018, 11:15   #15564
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if it was due to cab strike or due to people out of Bangalore on account of Ugadi weekend, encountered less traffic today during office commute.

Also, came across this news today, will lighten up your Monday. Though not related to Bangalore traffic specifically.

Link
Old 19th March 2018, 12:31   #15565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not sure if it was due to cab strike or due to people out of Bangalore on account of Ugadi weekend, encountered less traffic today during office commute.
Less traffic today during morning office commute. Reason is OLA/UBER strike along with people out of town due to Ugadi .
I travelled from prestige shantiniketan to Manyata tech park in 50 mins today which normally take 1 hr 15-30 mins otherwise. Also the service road opp manyata tech park is open now resulting in less traffic at nagawara.
Old 19th March 2018, 12:52   #15566

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not sure if it was due to cab strike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Drivers were not aware of the strike
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Reason is OLA/UBER
There is no ola-uber strike in Bangalore -> Bengaluru cab-drivers stay away from strike
MidnightBlack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 13:04   #15567
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there actually a strike going on? Yesterday I took an Uber from Airport to my house and checked with the driver if he was aware of the strike and he told he has no information of the same. He also told me that majority of the cabs will be on the road with a certain group of people who will be on strike.

However, traffic was indeed less today morning when I came to office after a gap of three weeks. I left home at 715, had a short breakfast in a hotel for 20 mins in order to taste some nice Idly after being in Germany and still reached office at 820.
Old 19th March 2018, 13:19   #15568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Is there actually a strike going on? Yesterday I took an Uber from Airport to my house and checked with the driver if he was aware of the strike and he told he has no information of the same. He also told me that majority of the cabs will be on the road with a certain group of people who will be on strike.
Today morning my wife was unable to find a cab at around 9am. Normally there are plenty in my area. But now when I casually checked, there are a lot of cabs. So I guess it was either due to driver's starting work a little late after the Ugadi festivities and/or maybe there was confusion in the morning as to whether the strike is on or not.

Most schools have exams running and hence have the study holidays/gaps between exams. That could be one other reason for the less traffic in the morning.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th March 2018 at 13:21.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 16:22   #15569
BHPian

Guys,

Even though they removed two out of three bumps/humps on the ORR, seems like still they are big irritants-

http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/63371591.cms
Old 21st March 2018, 16:40   #15570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Guys,

Even though they removed two out of three bumps/humps on the ORR, seems like still they are big irritants-

http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/63371591.cms
Yes - these are real irritants. Folks now depend on the Service Road to help jump the Jam, leading to a Jam on the service road itself.
Peak hours it does extent to 500 - 800 metres

Hope the authorities wake up to this inconvinience

raghu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks