Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 22:55   #15601
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Vinayak Skoda has a special hell waiting for naive customers visiting their Okalipuram (Majestic) workshop.

A tiny stretch of road with some of the most unruly 2 + 3 + 4 wheeler traffic I have ever seen. I think it's a fantastic execution of a strategy to increase body-shop business.

I would have NEVER visited them had it not been barely 10 minutes from my office.
I have been visiting this service center yearly once for the past 5 years. The situation was bearable until this year. I went there last month and all the main roads around have been dug up for some kind of underpass construction and hence most of the traffic funnels through this horribly inadequate road in front of the service center.
Previously, there used to be somewhat light traffic here.
Old 4th April 2018, 15:00   #15602
BHPian

Just thought I'll drop an update here.
As on 4th April 3am, they are not collecting toll on the way to the airport. And I took the new non-toll road back to rejoin the highway after chikkajala. So I didn't end up paying any toll for the entire journey.

The new road is quite meandering, there are absolutely no street lights anywhere and passes through quite a few villages and populated areas. There were no road humps or potholes, the road was recently asphalted. It was a pretty lonely ride,I saw about 5-6 cabs using the road and mine was the only white board cab on this route.
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 16:09   #15603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Just thought I'll drop an update here.
As on 4th April 3am, they are not collecting toll on the way to the airport. And I took the new non-toll road back to rejoin the highway after chikkajala. So I didn't end up paying any toll for the entire journey.
They were not even charging the regular toll for Fastag this Monday when my car passed through the NH toll booth. Not sure about the Airport toll booth though. Maybe they are re calibrating the setup or its become faulty again.
Old 4th April 2018, 16:19   #15604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
they are not collecting toll on the way to the airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure about the Airport toll booth though. Maybe they are re calibrating the setup or its become faulty again.
I had posted the reason for not collecting the toll on the Airport booth on the other thread here (Toll on the Bangalore Int'l Airport road).

Apparently, lack of documentation from the road developer for Police protection is the reason:

Quote:
The Navayuga Devanahalli Toll Plaza has postponed collecting toll in the booths leading up to the Kempegowda International Airport as they could not provide relevant documents to police to ensure security.

Kala Krishnamurthy, DCP, Northeast, said they had asked some relevant documents from NDTPL before providing security, but the company did not give the documents. "Security, therefore, cannot be provided," she added.

The NDTPL installed 15 new toll booths along the road to KIA and had plans to begin toll collection from Tuesday midnight. It sought police protection as it expected protests by cab drivers that could result in law and order problems.

An officer at the toll plaza said the company would meet the officials concerned and begin the toll collection in a couple of days.
Old 4th April 2018, 21:28   #15605
BHPian

Witnessed a bizarre event around 545 pm today near Akme Harmony apartment on the service road. I saw an Innova Crysta stop, the driver get down hurriedly and run to the side of the road to pick up a stone. From his left, a black hatch accelerated away towards the Iblur flyover. The driver hurls the stone at the hatch and it lands on the rear windscreen making a neat hole. Instead of stopping, the guy just continued accelerating away. The driver meanwhile, got back into the Innova and drove away.
jaganm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 17:45   #15606
Senior - BHPian

Got on Whatsapp. Any idea on what this is about?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180405wa0010.jpg
Old 5th April 2018, 17:52   #15607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Got on Whatsapp. Any idea on what this is about?

Attachment 1748995
There is an agitation going on in Tamil Nadu against Cauvery verdict and governments inaction in setting up the board. So I think police have taken measures to stop people from travelling.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 18:15   #15608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
So I think police have taken measures to stop people from travelling.
...which is a bit of a problem, with school vacations starting and people planning drives to TN and Kerala (via TN).

And I hear there is a Karnataka bandh in the offing as well.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:30   #15609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...which is a bit of a problem, with school vacations starting and people planning drives to TN and Kerala (via TN).

Bound to be a tit for tat thing which will go on. This will be one of the big issue during the elections as well.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:41   #15610
BHPian

When will this agitation come to an end?
Planning a trip to Coimbatore on 13th of April. I hope everything cools down by then.
Old 5th April 2018, 19:47   #15611
BHPian

This move will certainly affect those people driving KA vehicles & heading to TN/KL to celebrate their new year.

But why this agitation now & not when the verdict was delivered?
Old 5th April 2018, 19:48   #15612
Senior - BHPian

Can a Local Police Station ban the transport of all vehicles of a particular category like this? Don't they need a court order or something like that? If anything, they might issue an advisory.
Or at least directions to the nearest Tamil Nadu Embassy to get the necessary permits.
Old 5th April 2018, 20:16   #15613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes, on April 12th.
Its all about politics!! Either of the states do not really wants to solve the problem. Just politicising the matter for ever. The citizens are the ones who suffers after all.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 22:42   #15614
Team-BHP Support

A grateful man says his thanks and moves on, an antagonized man follows in anticipation forever. An issue is worth more when it simmers, nobody remembers a resolved issue after the ensuing festivities.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 08:01   #15615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
But why this agitation now & not when the verdict was delivered?
As per the prevalent law in India (Inter-State River Water Dispute Act), there is a provision for setting up a regulatory authority who monitors the allocation of water between the concerned states (allocation being determined by a tribunal set up for the purpose).

Now that the Kaveri Tribunal's allocation has been contested in Supreme Court and final judgment has come, there is a need for the setup of such an authority. In fact, in its final judgment the SC had ordered the setting up of this authority by 29/3/2018.

TN I guess would want this authority set up as soon as possible, so that it reaches steady state before the monsoons start.

KA - or to be precise, all political parties with a stake in KA assembly elections - on the other hand, I'd say want to delay the setup of this authority till after the assembly elections.

This agitation now is due to the fact that the regulatory authority was not set up within the stipulated time (end of March). And I am appalled by the way politicians (present and wannabe) in TN are stoking the emotions of the general public there.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks