Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 11:51   #15451
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Took all my patience to not knock his head off, though I told him I would if he didn't get off the footpath that instant.
Everyday 2 options are there and I force myself to follow 2nd one.
No point in honking or teaching sense in such morons we see everyday still when someone dangerously (for me or my car) tries to put his headlight in the gap to merge anywhere without any respect to traffic flow.

Option #1) I try not to let him merge and then after getting a chance, purposefully block him from front and make him loose those few seconds he was trying to save.
Option #2) Save my car from the intrusion, give him space and let him be happy on his daily conquest that might be only way that makes him feel significant.

I still do '#1' sometimes but I understand that it does not help at all to correct them and might look like Road-Rage from my side, so I try to keep my peace and let them run amok.
vidyanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 17:29   #15452
BHPian

The footpaths around BDA complex in BSK are being redone by removing existing concrete covers and installing tiles.

I see that the foot paths look good, but what's the intention behind demolishing existing concrete one's i don't understand.

Also on the attimabbe road, the foot path work is complete but they are now used to park cars by the owners of the house!

I can clearly see that each house has enough space to park 2 cars but still they would park their vehicles on the footpath there by making the pedestrians walk on the road
Old 13th February 2018, 18:51   #15453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
. They could have utilized this money for something better and cheaper, reflectors on medians maybe.
It's an election year, where else will they mobilize funds for their needs? and hence was born the concrete roads, steel flyover and now this..
Old 13th February 2018, 19:01   #15454
Senior - BHPian

My respect for BMTC drivers was reinforced today. The road has a 90* bend with a bus stop 100 Mts behind. I was following a line of 2 cars and another BMTC bus taking the 90* turn. an autorickshaw behind me tried to overtake from the left and then decided that the space was too narrow. However the 401K behind him was gutsy enough to squeeze through the gap and overtake me from the left with millimeters to spare from my left ORVM. These guys are surely experts. I have always maintained that if in a hurry and there is a straight bus, take the bus, you'll save a lot of time.
Old 13th February 2018, 20:44   #15455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My respect for BMTC drivers was reinforced today..... However the 401K behind him was gutsy enough to squeeze through the gap and overtake me from the left with millimeters to spare from my left ORVM. .
On a lighter note, most of us could also develop those reflexes and guts if we are driving a metal vehicle which does not belong to us and can leave a lot of smaller vehicles completely demolished.
adi_gt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:23   #15456
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Question about ORR: In the Marathahalli to Silkboard direction, which is the last point where one can enter the service road when going to RMZ Ecospace ?
(If one goes all the way on the main carriageway till the pedestrian skywalk, only option is to enter the service road past the main gates of Ecospace and use the last gate, but it has entry timing restrictions).
Old 14th February 2018, 11:27   #15457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Question about ORR: In the Marathahalli to Silkboard direction, which is the last point where one can enter the service road when going to RMZ Ecospace ?
(If one goes all the way on the main carriageway till the pedestrian skywalk, only option is to enter the service road past the main gates of Ecospace and use the last gate, but it has entry timing restrictions).
Just before the Intel/Deevarabeesanahalli flyover- There is a nice wide entry and it is even nicely tarred.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 11:40   #15458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which is the last point where one can enter the service road when going to RMZ Ecospace ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just before the Intel/Deevarabeesanahalli flyover- There is a nice wide entry and it is even nicely tarred.
Just after crossing Embassy Tech Village. But, I have a feeling that they might close this, in that case you will have to enter service road just before Embassy Tech Village after crossing New Horizon College.

Anyone knows if there is a JDS rally near Kadubeesanahalli today? This morning traffic was much higher on ORR and I saw lot of posters/banners and police presence. Any information on timing would help to plan return commute to home

Last edited by airbus : 14th February 2018 at 11:41.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 12:44   #15459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Question about ORR: In the Marathahalli to Silkboard direction, which is the last point where one can enter the service road when going to RMZ Ecospace ? .
This is the entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Anyone knows if there is a JDS rally near Kadubeesanahalli today? This morning traffic was much higher on ORR and I saw lot of posters/banners and police presence.
I too noticed the banners, however mornings traffic was due to normal issues. I was thinking it was due to upcoming election season.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 13:10   #15460
BHPian

Quote:
Watch out for "WELLS FARGO" building before the Passport office/Sakra hospital/Intel flyover, just after crossing this building there is a service lane. Take this.
aadya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 17:20   #15461
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got this on WhatsApp. Another building collapse. On jail road(Sarjapur road) near La Casa restaurant. Not sure of other details. Jail Road is blocked and expect a cascading effect to Sarjapur Road also.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180215wa0007.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 18:15   #15462
Distinguished - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180215wa0012.jpg

Those travelling on Sarjapur road, Hosa road & Haralur road can anticipate blockages due to building collapse.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180215wa0011.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180215wa0010.jpg

Location is next to this Lenskart shop, which can be seen in the picture above.

News Link

Last edited by mpksuhas : 15th February 2018 at 18:19.
mpksuhas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 22:45   #15463
Senior - BHPian

Folks

In lieu of SC verdict on the Cauvery river water sharing issue tomorrow, kindly exercise caution while going out. Better not to take out one's TN registered vehicle

Last edited by suresh_gs : 15th February 2018 at 23:10.
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 07:16   #15464
Senior - BHPian

I’ve been in Bangalore since birth. Close to 40 years. Bangaloreans were very sweet people. But of late there have been many instances where I wonder if I’m still in Bangalore? Witnessed an altercation this morning. A well dressed man in formals and his 7 year old son were shouting at another road user. The man was using choicest words to describe the other person. As I was passing I heard the son himself expressing in a very ugly language. In fact it was unthinkable a language expected from a 7 year old.

I’m seeing a lot of these expressions from all age groups. Is there anyway I can prevent my children from hearing such language on the road and protect myself from becoming one of such kind.

Last edited by ampere : 16th February 2018 at 09:42. Reason: Changed language, but still communicate the intent
wildsdi5530 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 09:18   #15465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Those travelling on Sarjapur road, Hosa road & Haralur road can anticipate blockages due to building collapse.
I happened to see the worst kind of people last evening, while walking to a hospital in the vicinity - I'd categorise them into two:
  1. Disaster Tourists - They just throng the place, most of them holding mobile phones to record videos of the rescue operation and/or take photos. Even when the Policemen, Firemen, Quick Response Team, Disaster Response Force request, beg, order, command them to stay clear of the area.
  2. Inconsiderate, uncouth motorists - Is it so difficult to stick to one lane and make way for ambulances if not anything else? I could see people with their company identity cards hung on their necks, and wannabe Rossis, barging in when there's a gap, without giving it a moment to think what could be the reason for such a mega road block. Personnel from some of the shops nearby were seen regulating traffic, to make way for ambulances to move.

Please avoid Hosa Road today, as the rescue operations are still on.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks