Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2018, 12:03   #15346
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Looks like there is a temple festival at Varthur one-street town today. Saw the chariot getting all readied up. I don't know if the festivities would be there in the evening.
Today is Radha Saptami festival, hence evening chariot will pass through main streets of Varthur. There will be complete chaos in the evening for those who pass though Varthur.
This is same story every year, please avoid Varthur Today evening.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 24th January 2018 at 12:05.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 13:48   #15347
Distinguished - BHPian

They declared a holiday in my organization tomorrow. Not sure if its really necessary. Its already a long weekend and this has resulted in a three day work week for me after a week long holiday. Was in the mood to work and get back on track from my vacation related delay in work but my productivity has been hampered again
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 14:04   #15348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
....got to be at the airport on 25th afternoon to pick up guests who are visiting Bangalore for the first-time....
My brother is landing in the afternoon from Delhi too, I really hope Airport taxi functions as normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
...BMTC employees also will not be participating in the bandh.
Hopefully that means Airport volvos will be in service !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.....my productivity has been hampered again
We should have the choice of asking for compensations from the Govt. regardless of who is ruling. Direct responsibility to an individual on certain damages will bring things into track !!
Old 25th January 2018, 08:16   #15349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hopefully that means Airport volvos will be in service
Unfortunately not many buses as of now. I just saw one BMTC bus during my drive today from Haralur road to Kadubeesinahalli.

Saw few cabs too on road, one of that was an Ola.

Else, private vehicles are present on road. Was able to reach office in record time as expected. However, tech park main gate was closed and park security was not allowing anyone inside. Had to wait for a while before they allowed.
Old 25th January 2018, 08:22   #15350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw few cabs too on road, one of that was an Ola....private vehicles are present on road..
Any other updates would be really helpful. I have to decide on a pick up from airport around 2.30pm. My only hope is Airport cabs.

By the way, I see more than a dozen cabs of Uber around my place.

Last edited by shajufx : 25th January 2018 at 08:23.
Old 25th January 2018, 08:28   #15351
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately not many buses as of now. I just saw one BMTC bus during my drive today from Haralur road to Kadubeesinahalli.
Even I managed to reach Belandur from Kammanahalli in less than 25 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Any other updates would be really helpful. I have to decide on a pick up from airport around 2.30pm.
I saw only one BMTC bus this morning, except for private vehicles not much of auto rickshaw / cabs too.
If not airport taxi check for airport busses around noon as things might change by that time.

Cheers!
Old 25th January 2018, 12:23   #15352
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely green everywhere!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20180125122243.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 12:33   #15353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Lovely green everywhere!
How come you have so many favorites on your screen ? Hope all of them are not pubs

I saw that green all around at 9.30am, got inspired and went out on the Outer Ring Road wishing for an adrenaline rush with my 190 horses !! Such a sad decision. All 3 tracks are occupied with bikes, cars, private buses, heavy trucks, autos and even people crossing the road from out of the blue !! I could not hit a speed higher than the allowed speed, came back home with a frustration. Probably I should have tried the Airport road, but I would not be surprised to see a fleet of similar minded people like me taking multiple runs there too

All the shops in my area are open, too many vehicle movements are seen and heard around. So, there is nothing different from a normal day !

Last edited by shajufx : 25th January 2018 at 12:36.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 13:54   #15354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Lovely green everywhere!
And the Irony - Most of us would seldom get to drive when its this green . It won't be this green even on a festive day as many would venture out over to friends and relatives to meet and greet. Today - Many will prefer to stay indoors, at least till 5PM.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 19:24   #15355
BHPian

Travelled from Indiranagar to Airport at 3.30pm and reached in 45mins. The best part was the sparse traffic in the city and good to see people driving sanely on the strech from Hebbal to Airport.
Old 26th January 2018, 22:19   #15356
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove on the outer ring road stretch between Hennur cross and Kasturi Nagar today, my first experience of the white topped section.
I must say the road surface is indeed good, probably just a couple of joints are slightly bumpy where the flyover down ramp ends and the concreted section begins. Reflectors have also been installed along the lane markings, so it does help when driving in the evening/night.
Especially the place where the road curves to right near Ramamurthy Nagar used to a pain and is now very easy to negotiate.
Just hope people keep to saner speeds and the road isn't dug up again for any more "development" work. I dread civic agencies like the BWSSB who usually turn up to damage newly laid roads and their timing has been spot on in the past!

Last edited by NPV : 26th January 2018 at 22:21.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 07:16   #15357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And the Irony - Most of us would seldom get to drive when its this green . .
When i read this comment about lovely green, i thought there was some kind of farm or grasslands around that suddenly turned green. Truly, that was the first thought that crossed me until i browsed further up.

What have we come to?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 18:55   #15358
Senior - BHPian

Traffic signal at the Windsor Manor junction/Rotary is back

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-signalwindsor.jpg
Old 29th January 2018, 09:43   #15359
BHPian

I am facing an island situation despite being in Bangalore. Three of four access to ring road(towards Nagawara or nearby) from my locality is blocked due to awakened BBMP starting all sewage canal repair work within two weeks. I shuttle between RT Nagar and Whitefield, thanks to multiple projects enroute my travel time sometimes peaks to 3 hours one way, sometimes taking detours adding 11 plus kms to travel distance. I just hope these canal repair work completes before they dig roads near Manyata techpark.

Companies should seriously consider building hubs in each part of city and allow employees to work from closest hub to cut down travel time and chaos.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 11:06   #15360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Companies should seriously consider building hubs in each part of city and allow employees to work from closest hub to cut down travel time and chaos.
Thats the only solution to the present situation, but who is listening anyway ? I feel bad for my neighbours who drive everyday in peak hours to the other end of the city because they have no option to work from home or another alternate hub to report daily !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks