Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2017, 09:28   #15211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Here I found the link to the same. It was done in a week or so
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/re...galore-1419554
It was definitely not a weeks project. They took more than that time for drying the concrete.
Old 29th December 2017, 09:53   #15212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
-- these characters really get on my nerves when they crawl at 30 kmph. Autos are a close second, followed by lorries. Apart from the increase in BP that they cause,
Get an automatic transmission, believe me you will feel blessed. You can add learner drivers, water tankers and poultry trucks to the mix.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 17:43   #15213
Distinguished - BHPian

Hebbal inbound to city was a dream today at 0900. I actually hit the entry ramp doing 60 in D6 :-).

Overall North BLR traffic was pretty peaceful throughout the day.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 11:23   #15214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Tomorrows adventure will be a wedding in Singasanda. Me thinks a trip via the Inner Ring Road will make more sense.
This time, I approached Koramangala via Viveknagar and got onto the 100 ft road. Got stuck at the Sarjapur junction for 20 min. Next big task was to go under the EC Toll road in order to turn into Singasandra 3 km further up. I should have merged onto the service road immediately after the Silk Board. Alas, the volume of traffic tryng to squeeze under 3 lanes into one car width was like waiting for a miracle to happen. I decided to take the expressway to EC, return and take the service road into Manipal County.

That actually worked. The return at 11PM took only 45 min.
Old 30th December 2017, 19:53   #15215
BHPian

Got challaned today below the elevated tollway for travelling at 72kmph. The speed limit there is 60kmph. Fine was 300/-. It's rare I get to drive freely while crossing Bangalore and then this happens. The regular traffic jam would've been easier on my pocket. My heart goes out to Bangaloreans.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 20:51   #15216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Got challaned today below the elevated tollway for travelling at 72kmph. The speed limit there is 60kmph.
They are usually stationed in front of Navnit motors towards EC side and in front of Keys hotel towards Madiiwala side. I see a lot of 2W and cars from outside KA getting challaned at these spots. The policemen attached to the interceptor are rowdy sort of with lathi weilding and throwing their weight around.
Old 30th December 2017, 20:59   #15217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
1. Demolition of the Jayadeva flyover will start by end of January.
2. Work on the proposed steel flyover from minerva junction until hudson
Among the continually disaffected commuters of Bangalore, the commuters on this route will have a wonderful start for 2018.
Old 31st December 2017, 06:52   #15218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
They are usually stationed in front of Navnit motors towards EC side and in front of Keys hotel towards Madiiwala side. I see a lot of 2W and cars from outside KA getting challaned at these spots. The policemen attached to the interceptor are rowdy sort of with lathi weilding and throwing their weight around.
Oh they we're exactly like how you mentioned. 3-4 of them jumping right onto your path brandishing the lathis as tall as them. They we're flagging down vehicles by the second. Nice money making exercise for them.
Old 31st December 2017, 07:44   #15219
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Nice money making exercise for them.

To be precise,102 crores in fines collected this year.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bengaluru/bengaluru-traffic-cops-collect-rs-102-crore-in-fines/amp_articleshow/61956031.cms

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 31st December 2017 at 07:46.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 07:56   #15220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice money making exercise for them.
To be fair, they are enforcing traffic rule and trying to maintain discipline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
To be precise,102 crores in fines collected this year.
Most of the times, I see them flagging helmetless riders, picking up two wheelers and occasional cars from no parking areas. In case they start targeting rest of the traffic for violations, they will easily cross 500 crores.
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 09:05   #15221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The policemen attached to the interceptor are rowdy sort of with lathi weilding and throwing their weight around.
What is wrong with police wielding lathi and stopping traffic violators? Rowdy drivers who do not follow traffic rule need to be dealt that way. I wish the police were more menacing than what they are now

Quote:
Got challaned today below the elevated tollway for travelling at 72kmph. The speed limit there is 60kmph. Fine was 300/-. It's rare I get to drive freely while crossing Bangalore and then this happens. The regular traffic jam would've been easier on my pocket. My heart goes out to Bangaloreans.
Do you equate driving freely to breaking traffic rules? Rules are there for a reason and empty stretch does not mean we can drive as we wish.
Old 31st December 2017, 12:04   #15222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I totally understand and I'm all for tighter regulations when it comes to our chaotic roads. I paid my fine on the spot without even a question. My post was more in lines of the thread title, a rant, or more like thinking out loud about my.experiences with Bangalore traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Do you equate driving freely to breaking traffic rules? Rules are there for a reason and empty stretch does not mean we can drive as we wish.
Wow. Didn't expect a driving lesson as a response, but thanks anyways. I am well aware of the rules and do make it a point to obey them. If you had read my post clearly, you'd see I never mentioned anywhere that the police were wrong. Like I mentioned above, it was more of me thinking out loud and not advocating breaking traffic rules.

Quote:
What is wrong with police wielding lathi and stopping traffic violators? Rowdy drivers who do not follow traffic rule need to be dealt that way. I wish the police were more menacing than what they are now
What do you really wish for? May be they throw those lathis at moving vehicles? Is that menacing enough? There is a huge difference between strict enforcement of laws on the road and putting others and yourselves at risk. Let's not encourage hooliganism by anyone.

Last edited by jayded : 31st December 2017 at 12:09.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 12:42   #15223
BHPian

Quote:
If you had read my post clearly, you'd see I never mentioned anywhere that the police were wrong.
My response was to another poster. Why should be traffic cops be blamed for everything? When they enforce the rules, they are termed as "rowdy like" "money makers". When they do not, they are termed as not doing their duty.

Quote:
What do you really wish for? May be they throw those lathis at moving vehicles? Is that menacing enough? There is a huge difference between strict enforcement of laws on the road and putting others and yourselves at risk. Let's not encourage hooliganism by anyone.
I did not say hooliganism. Nor did I mention putting anyone at risk. If one were to break traffic rules in western countries, the driver, if he does not pull over and stay put in the car, risks getting shot by cops if he tries anything funny. Compared to that traffic enforcement / fines here is joke. I wish the Govt. passes the motor vehicle bill where the fines run into thousands.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 31st December 2017 at 12:59.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 14:41   #15224
BHPian

The white topped ORR between Hennur and Horamavu is opened for traffic. It seems quite a decent quality with proper sloped joints where the cement road merges with existing tar roads.

Meanwhile on the opposite side, the stretch from royal Concorde school and kammanahalli junction is closed.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 17:33   #15225
Senior - BHPian

Drive safe and a Happy New Year.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1514721806.110964.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks