Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 11:05   #16711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
However, I could not find the road shown in the map from near Pragathi Convent and had to enter Hosur Road via Chikkathagor Main Road.
This is precisely why I mention that it is a two-wheeler specific road
There is a connection, but you have to look close to find it - it is a mud trail which bikes can take, but not wide enough for cars.

I don't know about any crossroad which a car can take but since I keep exploring the area, will surely post here if I come across any.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 13:10   #16712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Drove on Nandidurga road after a long time. The road was very uneven and bumpy for the entire stretch. Our civic officials are least bothered about quality of the road, even arterial ones.
It is one of the special status roads that are not being done up or asphalted since years except for patch work which makes it worse.
The other such road is the Ulsoor lake road between Foto Flash and the Gurudwara signal via RBANMS. It has been the same for years and they recently did a patch work which got rid of some cracks and potholes, but is still very bumpy.
And the funny part is that these are important roads when it comes to traffic density as they connect the respective areas to central Bangalore.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 08:06   #16713
Distinguished - BHPian

Avoid Goraguntepalya flyover if headed to YPR from Hebbal side. Lorry breakdown right on the flyover.

Last edited by theMAG : 30th January 2019 at 18:26. Reason: Minor grammatical fixes.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 08:52   #16714
Distinguished - BHPian

Possible disruptions today between Peenya towards Freedom Park!

Rural women seeking liquor ban planning to hold rally in BLR
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67746569.cms

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th January 2019 at 08:57.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 11:19   #16715
BHPian

Electronic city flyover:

The exit ramp toll towards Hosur road seems to have been closed. All the vehicles were routed to either E-City Phase -1/2 tolls. These guys would not want to miss a rupee of toll.
Old 30th January 2019, 16:06   #16716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
This is precisely why I mention that it is a two-wheeler specific road
There is a connection, but you have to look close to find it - it is a mud trail which bikes can take, but not wide enough for cars.

I don't know about any crossroad which a car can take but since I keep exploring the area, will surely post here if I come across any.

--Anoop
Now that you mentioned I observed more carefully and saw the road. It is not motorable in car for sure. I am however using this Lake road whenever I see NICE Road choked. I do have to drop into Hosur Road - Service Road to switch from Chikkathagur Main Road to Basapura Main Road or the reverse depending on the direction of travel. But this route is certainly way better than taking the older Manipal County route and getting stuck at Kudlu...
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 17:59   #16717
BHPian

Any alternate roads to reach Embassy Tech village from Sarjapur ? Nowadays the carmelaram gear school road is getting light to heavy traffic jams around 7:15 am itself because of some road and repair works. I will be moving to Hosur soon and will be commuting by car. Need to try alternative roads to plan my commute.
Old 30th January 2019, 18:22   #16718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any alternate roads to reach Embassy Tech village from Sarjapur ?
There is Sarjapur-Gunjur-Panathur-Kadubisanahalli but I doubt it will be any better. Could be worse given the underpass and the narrow one-way road through Panathur village.
Old 30th January 2019, 18:34   #16719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any alternate roads to reach Embassy Tech village from Sarjapur ? Nowadays the carmelaram gear school road is getting light to heavy traffic jams around 7:15 am itself because of some road and repair works. I will be moving to Hosur soon and will be commuting by car. Need to try alternative roads to plan my commute.
Remember you were trying the train option. Train to Bellandur and a walk/share auto/yulu might be a good option assuming you can match train timings.

I believe the road next to Croma is getting ready along with new under pass at Bellandur. If that gets done, the route mentioned by Binand is a good option.

Overall it is going to be a bad commute by car that will get worse. You need to cross the Bermuda triangle of kadubeesanahalli , Iblur ,Sarjapur Road/panathur road. There is no escape from that mess

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 30th January 2019 at 18:37.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 20:38   #16720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Remember you were trying the train option. Train to Bellandur and a walk/share auto/yulu might be a good option assuming you can match train timings.

I believe the road next to Croma is getting ready along with new under pass at Bellandur. If that gets done, the route mentioned by Binand is a good option.

Overall it is going to be a bad commute by car that will get worse. You need to cross the Bermuda triangle of kadubeesanahalli , Iblur ,Sarjapur Road/panathur road. There is no escape from that mess
Thanks Rajeev! Because of my personal situation I need to commute by car - divorced and single father, need to take care of my son. Trains will be reliable and best once the baiyapanhalli - Hosur section has double tracks. Till then the trains will run at least 30 to 60 mins late. This eats up my time. Whereas commuting by car, I will start around 6:45 am in Hosur and reach by 8am approximately. Then start back by 3:45 and reach home by 5pm. Later I can login from home for meetings and pending works. I will check on the route mentioned by binand also. I noticed that fresh roads are being laid for New horizon college. I hope they connect that road till Panathur road.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 16:54   #16721
Distinguished - BHPian

Please note KIAL runway closure timings due to Aero India. NOTAMs have been issued earlier so all airlines would anyway have tweaked their schedules accordingly.

One major downside is that airfares & hotel rates have risen / are rising dramatically during this period!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kial-aero-india.jpeg  

itwasntme is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 09:01   #16722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please note KIAL runway closure timings due to Aero India. NOTAMs have been issued earlier so all airlines would anyway have tweaked their schedules accordingly.

One major downside is that airfares & hotel rates have risen / are rising dramatically during this period!
Thanks for the update. I am in a bad soup now. I fly out of Bangalore on 20th Feb around 1 PM and land back on 24th Feb around 5 PM. My flight timings will definitely be impacted. However, the airlines have not yet sent any information or reached out to me with any update.

I recall the pathetic jams which are created by the Aero show. In 2017, it took me 5 hours from Whitefield to Yehalanka, when we visited the Aero show. The terrible crowd management, no restriction on the users attending the Aero show and the freeloaders blocking the main roads and getting glimpses without paying a penny create havoc for the travelers. God Help Me !
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 10:01   #16723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
I am in a bad soup now. I fly out of Bangalore on 20th Feb around 1 PM and land back on 24th Feb around 5 PM. My flight timings will definitely be impacted. God Help Me !
Your flights are both borderline so the timings may NOT be impacted. However, your journey to and fro will be killers. For the flight out, I recommend you take a cab early in the morning to KIAL via the new road through Hennur. Work from the airport in peace and board your flight rather than get stuck with the crowds!

Way back, I really have no idea!
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 11:38   #16724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Damn the traffic in this city that my reaction to something like this is first 'thankfully I missed the jam'! Becoming less than human.
Uh oh... I posted that only after I heard the pilots were able to bail out. I didn't know there were any casualties/injuries.
Old 1st February 2019, 19:39   #16725
BHPian

Update on BETL maintainence:
For a change, work is progressing really well on the BETL, it seems to be very close to completion. I expect it to be done in a week's time (if not earlier). If its done, it'll be before the given deadline which is commendable.(hope this doesn't come back to bite me)
Currently, the stretch from Hosur towards silk board is being worked on and ongoing traffic from silk board is least impacted. Anyone travelling from Silk board towards ecity/hosur can use the BETL without being impacted by the work. The other direction is still very bad during peak hours, avoid it if you can.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks