Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 13:22   #15301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

The road behind RMZ Ecospace (Bellandur) that goes to Doddakanahalli (Sarjapur Road)-Panathur Road has finally been relaid completely and has a new look.

It looked like this till very recently (Courtesy the video owner on YouTube)

Now looks like this:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20180113_172835.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20180113_172842.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 22:13   #15302
Senior - BHPian

Abandoned cars on Harris road blocking traffic and potential security threat as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-100.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-101.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-102.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-103.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-104.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-105.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-106.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-107.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-108.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-109.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-110.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1111.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 07:00   #15303
Distinguished - BHPian

Tin factory alert - trailer broken down middle of the road right where metro barriers are in place. Brace for a jam
Old 16th January 2018, 08:53   #15304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Abandoned cars on Harris road blocking traffic and potential security threat as well.
Wow. If I was the BBMP/ RTO, I would have done the below.
1. Take a photo with date and time stamp of these vehicles.
2. Place an ad in a prominent newspaper with the VIN, registration number of the abandoned vehicles
3. Give 10 days notice for the owner to contact RTO.
4. Those who contact the RTO must be given a written notice to move the vehicle in 2 days time
5. Those who don't contact post this period, strike a deal with a scrap dealer
6. Scrap all these vehicles.
7. Donate the proceeds to the Police welfare fund.

Sigh, if only we had an action oriented government and establishment.

In other news, there was a BMTC bus breakdown today morning around 7.45 am on Bannerghata road opp. the GO gas pump, near Sagar Hospital. May have been moved by now.

Last edited by hrman : 16th January 2018 at 08:57.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 09:10   #15305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The road behind RMZ Ecospace (Bellandur) that goes to Doddakanahalli (Sarjapur Road)-Panathur Road has finally been relaid completely and has a new look.

It looked like this till very recently (Courtesy the video owner on YouTube)
Now these are the roads that should be laid with concrete. No proper drainage and proper foundation, the roads will deteriorate very quickly
Old 16th January 2018, 11:13   #15306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Tin factory alert - trailer broken down middle of the road right where metro barriers are in place. Brace for a jam
Eaxctly, faced it today and the road was blocked just after Ramamurthy nagar under pass, by the time we reached Tinfactory, efforts were made to move the trailer with another truck.

Cheers!
Old 16th January 2018, 11:50   #15307
BHPian

The last stretch of whitetopping from Kasturi nagar till Krpuram towards Tin factory is opened .
source:
https://twitter.com/ACP_TrafficEast/...34946694594560
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 11:58   #15308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
The last stretch of whitetopping from Kasturi nagar till Krpuram towards Tin factory is opened .
source:
https://twitter.com/ACP_TrafficEast/...34946694594560
I ended up driving via ORR, once to Whitefield and the subsequent weekend to Kadubesanahalli and during both these occasions, I witnessed horrible jams on the opposite corridor (Kasturinagar to Hennur) and it is exactly due to this reason that I ended up driving via city on my return legs.

This stretch that is now open as reported (Kasturinagar - KR Puram) , due to weekend, was consistent for me on both occasions that I didn't find it anything but 5-8 minutes crawl and was out after that.

I still see the other corridor as a major bottleneck and I hope that it gets completed soon.

Diverting traffic to service lanes is one thing but still allowing monster trucks to be part of this chaos is totally unwise no matter what justification the authorities give. On what the Ring Road is today and what purpose it should actually serve now is a different discussion altogether!
Old 16th January 2018, 13:42   #15309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Diverting traffic to service lanes is one thing but still allowing monster trucks to be part of this chaos is totally unwise no matter what justification the authorities give. On what the Ring Road is today and what purpose it should actually serve now is a different discussion altogether!
Problem is lack of a proper ring road in Bangalore - NICE road doesn't cover the stretch east from Tumkur Road. Unless the on-paper Peripheral Ring Road is developed on priority (and something like Hyd ORR) - we will continue to see a mess on ORR.
Old 16th January 2018, 13:48   #15310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Problem is lack of a proper ring road in Bangalore - NICE road doesn't cover the stretch east from Tumkur Road. Unless the on-paper Peripheral Ring Road is developed on priority (and something like Hyd ORR) - we will continue to see a mess on ORR.
Like I said, discussing PRR, NICE, ORR, IRR can actually make one long post or rather an all new thread for sure .

I have been tasting all of these (without PRR of course) in Bangalore due to my daily commute and workplace locations that I have traveled to - Whitefield, Domlur, Bellandur and EC from the same North Bangalore areas. So very much used to with the traffic and the reasons behind it.

May be to add, they had successfully succumbed to truck lobby couple of years back when they banned trucks from 9-11AM and 5 to 10PM and traffic.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 09:10   #15311
BHPian

No Rants on this thread for 3 days? Don't tell me Bangalore traffic has healed itself.
I am down with fever and haven't stepped out of home for 3 days, but we got a communication from our workplace that White topping in front of Manyata Tech park is going to start from 25th Jan and is expected to finish by first week of march.

So anybody using the ORR between Hebbal and KR Puram, please be aware of this and airport travelers avoid this route.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 17:13   #15312
BHPian

Regarding white-topping of ORR between Tin factory and Hennur cross. Can anybody tell what the latest status is?
My colleague told me earlier today that traffic is being allowed in the main carriageway (white topped portion) between Ramamurthy nagar junction and Tin factory. Can anybody confirm this?
Old 19th January 2018, 17:19   #15313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Regarding white-topping of ORR between Tin factory and Hennur cross. Can anybody tell what the latest status is?
My colleague told me earlier today that traffic is being allowed in the main carriageway (white topped portion) between Ramamurthy nagar junction and Tin factory. Can anybody confirm this?
I recollect a tweet by BTP confirming that this section (RM Nagar to Kasturi Nagar) was thrown open for traffic from Tuesday. I also recollect that it wasn't opened last Saturday.

Link to Tweet

The message '#ORR Whitetopping #kalyannagar to #Kasturinagar entire stretch completed. Traffic flow from Hebbal to KR Puram restored as usual. Commuters are requested to use the whitetopped road for regular commute instead of service Rd @AddlCPTraffic @DCPTrEastBCP'

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th January 2018 at 17:21.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 08:46   #15314
Distinguished - BHPian

Bellandur lake is again in news. However, this time fire was towards Ejipura side. Hence didn't have an impact on the normal traffic.

However, smoke was visible from Kadubeesnahalli and also inner ring road. So, seems like a huge fire.

Link
Old 20th January 2018, 11:45   #15315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hi, currently the entire stretch from Hebbal to Tin factory is open including on newly white topped roads. I was able to do this stretch by car in about half an hour for last 3 days from 10 AM in the morning.
However, the return journey from Ram Murthy Nagar to Kalyan nagar is still closed on main road due to white topping, with only service road being open. This is very chaotic and takes hours together. Using google maps will take you through Banaswadi area saving time before finally joining ORR again near the end of white-topping area.

As reported above, white topping will start around Manyata from 25th.

A note about driving on the white topped roads - it is harsh and jerky. You will feel more vibrations and harshness across your car. Steering feels a bit stiffer as well. Nowhere as comfortable as the road was earlier. Also the section that connects asphalt road to white topped road is very bumpy, more that what it appears to be visually. Watch out for others suddenly slowing down.
Currently it is very dusty on the roads as well, but I see them cleaning it daily.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks