Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2018, 10:05   #15466
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

In lieu of SC verdict on the Cauvery river water sharing issue tomorrow, kindly exercise caution while going out. Better not to take out one's TN registered vehicle
Agreed, got this message from more than one group.
Though the dispute is more than a century old, it is a very emotive issue for farmers on both sides. But given that the elections are nearby, politicians will try to gain mileage out of this, so its better to be cautious.

Some news channels are all over it from morning and they say that some bus services between the two states have been suspended from today morning, as a precautionary measure.
Old 16th February 2018, 10:35   #15467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

In lieu of SC verdict on the Cauvery river water sharing issue tomorrow, kindly exercise caution while going out. Better not to take out one's TN registered vehicle

Thanks for the update. Incidentally I'm coming to Bangalore, meeting a friend in Hosur and driving down with him to Mumbai. Lets hope we don't face any trouble out there.

I might ask him to drive down to Bangalore tonight and meet him there and come back. I hope there won't any trouble for an MH reg car. If push comes to shove, I can speak broken Kannada and hopefully that should make any protestors leave us alone.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:05   #15468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Folks

With the verdict out now, TN vehicles in Karnataka will be safe. I don't know how people of TN feel about the verdict. If they feel let down, KA vehicles may not be be safe in TN
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:44   #15469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
With the verdict out now, TN vehicles in Karnataka will be safe. I don't know how people of TN feel about the verdict. If they feel let down, KA vehicles may not be be safe in TN
Agree,with the Holi long weekend coming up, it can be dicey for KA cars in popular TN destinations like Ooty/Coonoor etc.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:45   #15470
BHPian

I am quite scared actually. Last time when the court issued a verdict on Cauvery water sharing, lots of TN vehicles were burnt that includes some 40+ KPN private buses. In Karnataka, people were dragged out of their TN registered vehicles and were burnt in front of them. TN registered vehicles in some tech parks in Bangalore were also damaged / burnt.

Fortunately I am commuting in a KA registered vehicle. Still I am very much scared. Politicians would go any length and create lot of issue. Police always act as per Governing party's wish. This is not a safe country if I am honest.

Last edited by amvj : 16th February 2018 at 11:53. Reason: more info
Old 16th February 2018, 11:55   #15471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
....This is not a safe country if I am honest.
This will never be a safe country when goons rule the world. Who cares about the public except the few days of elections ? Look at the massive concrete revolution happening in Bangalore !! We have white toppings, tarring, drain repairs.... you name it. All the works that had to happen in the last 5 years and more are taking place in these 5 months
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:57   #15472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree,with the Holi long weekend coming up, it can be dicey for KA cars in popular TN destinations like Ooty/Coonoor etc.
I dont think KA vehicles will be targeted anywhere in TN. The additional 14.5 tmc is the difference this time. So KA will be getting 270+14.5 tmc while TN will be getting 419-14.5 tmc of water.
Old 16th February 2018, 12:25   #15473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
We have white toppings, tarring, drain repairs.... you name it. All the works that had to happen in the last 5 years and more are taking place in these 5 months
Another couple of months to go before things get "normal" again
Old 16th February 2018, 12:32   #15474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Another couple of months to go before things get "normal" again
I would call it the 4.5 years of "Sleep" mode and 5 months of "extreme action" mode. As long as 'they' can buy few villas, plots, dozens of foreign tours, foreign treatment, share in business ventures, everything is "normal" ! And we are another happy 1.3 billion who will continue 'feeding' them anyway
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 14:22   #15475
Distinguished - BHPian

Intel to tie- up with BMRCL for Bellandur station.

Link

Also, saw this news today -

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20180216_074439039.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 14:43   #15476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Intel to tie- up with BMRCL for Bellandur station.

Link

Also, saw this news today -
From what i know, the Metro station at Kadubeesanahalli will be located inside Embassy Tech Village. Hope the projects kicks off soon and completed on time.
Old 16th February 2018, 17:48   #15477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
From what i know, the Metro station at Kadubeesanahalli will be located inside Embassy Tech Village. Hope the projects kicks off soon and completed on time.
Yes, hope the project gets executed soon. Though since past week it 'looks' to have slowed down, I felt work on Whitefield section was progressing at good pace.

Regarding Kadubeesinahalli station, I don't think it is inside Embassy tech village. From earlier articles and that of Intel station mentioned in my earlier post, I understand that the station will have direct access from the tech parks.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 18:31   #15478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
If the route alignment map I have still stands true, all the stations come in the middle of the ring road, but their exits are routed to certain places. In this case there could be a dedicated exit for Embassy Tech Village, like how we have for Mantri Square Mall.
Old 16th February 2018, 18:39   #15479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If the route alignment map I have still stands true, all the stations come in the middle of the ring road, but their exits are routed to certain places. In this case there could be a dedicated exit for Embassy Tech Village, like how we have for Mantri Square Mall.
We have flyovers on the ORR between Silkboard and K R Puram. Will the stations be located along the service road as I dont foresee the flyovers getting demolished because of this.
Old 16th February 2018, 18:50   #15480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We have flyovers on the ORR between Silkboard and K R Puram. Will the stations be located along the service road as I dont foresee the flyovers getting demolished because of this.
No demolition. Stations will be in the middle of the road as audioholic mentioned. This will actually make those 'worst ever designed flyovers in the world' look like they well designed ones.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks