Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 09:56   #7951
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
MAJOR TRAFFIC ALERT

Tipper truck breakdown, with a broken link road (the rod that connects to the axle). Don't expect it can be moved to the roadside.

Location: Bang in the middle, at the start of Intel flyover towards Marathalli. Expect pile up till Agara atleast !

Attachment 1355603
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
A tipper truck has got stranded in middle lane right at the foot of the Ecospace flyover. It's just broken the prop-shaft, so I guess (and hope) it'll get towed away soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I passed by it at 8:15, going to bad morning for vehicles on ORR today. :-(
Saw these messages and was fearing the worst. But for a change quick action has been taken. It has been moved to the side. Passed by at 9.15
Old 31st March 2015, 10:05   #7952
Senior - BHPian

No wonder ORR users are frustrated today. I had no idea about the broken down tipper, because I join ORR at Kadubeesanahalli and go to Doddanekkundi.

As usual, there was traffic jam at Marathahalli opposite Kalamandir, because BMTC buses, private buses, cabs and other people carriers use two of the three lanes for letting people in and out. I was on my scooter, and was stuck behind an Alto. The Indicab guy behind me kept on honking even though there was no place for me to squeeze my scooter ahead. Also a point to be noted is that my body doesn't fit inside the scooter's dimensions. I am wider than the scooter.

I tolerated the cab driver for some 20 honks. Then I had enough. I stopped the scooter and told him to go ahead. He said there is space for me to go between cars. I told him, "idenu uppinakai bottle aa, sikki sikkidalli gaadi toorislikke? edurige ashtu gaadi irodu kanistilva? sum sumne horn madbeda" (is it pickle bottle to shove in my vehicle in all gaps? can't you see so many vehicles ahead? don't honk unnecessarily).

I think he got the point. For as long as he was behind me after that, he didn't honk.

A while later, there was a skinny chap on a big bike (not a sports bike - some 150 cc bike), honking to glory at the BMW 3 series in front of me, while riding on my left. The horn was an aftermarket one, making a horrendous sound. I got so annoyed and asked him, "enayyo avasara?" (what's the hurry?). I used actor Sudeep's accent for that . He too stopped honking after that.

I temporarily tamed two animals. I feel proud!
rohanjf is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:11   #7953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
A small little update on the Nallurahalli, Borewell Road situation.

Bikes can still use this stretch. The only point is, they will need to take a diversion at the point where the two roads meet. There is a small lane behind the temple at that junction that you can use to go towards Vydehi.

I followed the reverse route today to come back from office and it worked out well.

People in cars are out of luck though.
Does anyone know if the road has been opened for traffic. The blockade that was there at the entrance of the borewell road yesterday, has been removed. I did not risk it and came via ITPL which took 5 mins extra.

Yesterday evening it was a pleasant surprise. I tried my luck on borewell road and they had cleared a plot and made a bypass to Nallaruhalli road for all vehicles.
john.gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:53   #7954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Does anyone know if the road has been opened for traffic. The blockade that was there at the entrance of the borewell road yesterday, has been removed. I did not risk it and came via ITPL which took 5 mins extra.

Yesterday evening it was a pleasant surprise. I tried my luck on borewell road and they had cleared a plot and made a bypass to Nallaruhalli road for all vehicles.
There is indeed a path, which I daresay, I smoother than the usual Nallurahalli "Road". This path opens before the junction that is dug up and opens up after the junction. I used that path and I could see trucks, lorries and cars using it as well.

Although, for bikes, there is a more conventional route as well.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:01   #7955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Although, for bikes, there is a more conventional route as well.
Please, Spread the Love
Old 31st March 2015, 11:16   #7956
Senior - BHPian

BBMP elections are nearing and vote catching activities going on in full swing. Some of well laid roads inside AECS layout are being relaid entirely. This instead of filling the odd potholes and trenches left by telecom companies. Where as the main roads in the entire ITPL area is in total chaos due to never ending BWSSB works.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:42   #7957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Please, Spread the Love
Just before the junction, there is a small backroad behind the houses that line the turn that is blocked at the junction. The small backroad perfectly circumvents the blocked area, but is only feasible for bikes, not so much for cars or bigger vehicles.

Here's a not so aesthetic pictorial representation:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-route.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
"idenu uppinakai bottle aa, sikki sikkidalli gaadi toorislikke? edurige ashtu gaadi irodu kanistilva? sum sumne horn madbeda"

I know the local dialect and can barely fathom the driver's face when you said that! Good job, ser! Good job!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 12:03   #7958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
If you can use the local language, and especially with the native slangs liberally used, that itself can make many an unruly driver change his tactic. But in a city like Bengaluru, the people who have such local language skills are dwindling.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:32   #7959
Team-BHP Support

Met an absolute moron in a traffic inspector's uniform yesterday night.

Returning home around 10.40 PM via HAL Airport Road, I was about to pass by the Domlur junction (just after the bus stop, before the petrol pump on the left) when I noticed a traffic cop and another guy in street clothes fiddling with a movable barrier on the left footpath. Now I know this spot usually has a barrier at night on the right lane, but I didn't expect what they did next. They pushed the barrier out into moving traffic right in front of me, causing the Ertiga ahead of me to panic brake and swerve wildly, though I had enough space to stop without incident.

I rolled down my window and spoke to the guy in uniform: "Traffic nilsi barrier move maadi sir, eega accident aagtittu" (Stop the traffic before moving barriers sir, almost caused an accident). I honestly don't know what irked him so much, but the language he let fly at me in return will get me banned from the forum if I quote him verbatim. His flunkie joined in with a rather more colorful tirade of his own. I just shook my head, rolled up my window and moved on. Crazy bananas in a Banana Republic
Old 31st March 2015, 12:58   #7960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I just shook my head, rolled up my window and moved on. Crazy bananas in a Banana Republic
If you want to take it forward , you can use the BTP FB page and tweet this incident to the City police higher ups. The more you let go of these incidents, the more they'll continue !

There was recent incident where a cop was caught on video roughing up a gentleman who tried to help an ambulance , so they may take this seriously even though there's no video evidence here.
Old 31st March 2015, 13:11   #7961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
If you want to take it forward , you can use the BTP FB page and tweet this incident to the City police higher ups. The more you let go of these incidents, the more they'll continue !

There was recent incident where a cop was caught on video roughing up a gentleman who tried to help an ambulance , so they may take this seriously even though there's no video evidence here.
I'm not one for letting it go, but I couldn't see any identification info due to the time of day, and I don't have a dashcam for evidence. Still worth a try.

Is there any other way except Facebook to report this (I'm not a user)?
Old 31st March 2015, 13:32   #7962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not one for letting it go, but I couldn't see any identification info due to the time of day, and I don't have a dashcam for evidence. Still worth a try.

Is there any other way except Facebook to report this (I'm not a user)?
If you remember the exact place and time of the incident, that will be enough for the cops.

This area should be under the jurisdiction of the Indiranagar PS ( not fully sure ).

ACP traffic : addlcptrafficbcp@gmail.com

I'Nagar PS : inagartrafficbcp@ksp.gov.in

Twitter IDs are @CPBlr ( City Police Commisioner), @addlcptraffic

You can also write a hand written letter to :

IGP & Additional Commissioner of Police(Traffic), Bengaluru City
No. 5, 2nd Floor, Traffic Head Quarters, Infantry Road,
Bengaluru - 560 001.

All contact info taken from http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 13:55   #7963
BHPian

Quote:
I just shook my head, rolled up my window and moved on. Crazy bananas in a Banana Republic
Probably they were drunk. Its best not to confront them if you feel they are acting weird.

I have been observing that Traffic Police are so frustrated that they snap at the slightest provocation. I know its hard for them too with all the craziest motorist everyday, but doesn't mean they have to take it out on the next available guy

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 10:06   #7964
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dont use that road as yet my friend. I would say give it a week.
Update on the Devasandra route:
From December I haven't used this route since I was using the 2 wheeler. Had to take the car today and seeing the extremely crazy GIMF (Great Indian Merge Festival ) at Tin factory junction, decided to take the hanging bridge and then Devasandra road. The culvert work near Ayyappa Nagar is complete and the approach ramps on either side are being worked upon but there was no mess and it was smooth sailing. After the SEA college junction, where the road widens up, there is fresh tarmac all the way upto Hoodi signal so smooth sailing again
Old 1st April 2015, 10:10   #7965
BHPian

A truck has broken down on the KR Puram hanging bridge on the lane towards city coming from KR Puram market side. Another truck stopped in front of it to help. Essentially, the right most lane is blocked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks