Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2015, 12:22   #7816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Well, look at it this way. If the traffic person was not informed about the ambulance, it is a failing of the police to begin with.
Not so simple. How will the traffic police know that an ambulance is on its way? Either the hospital or the ambulance party informs the BTP Control Room, that they are going on an emergency. Are you sure that any of the above happened?

The next option is for another Traffic police man to spot an ambulance coming in (with sirens and lights put ON), so that he informs the point in advance. Or else the Traffic police cameras see the ambulance rushing in, and then the control informs the en route officers to be on alert.

Quote:
When they are so proactive in making sure that VIP's cars are allowed a free run at the cost of the "mango" people, the least the police can do is to make sure that they are proactive for ambulances as well. Just saying that he didnt get the message makes no sense.
VIP convoys and the route they take are all planned in advance. Same goes for the "heart carrying" ambulances as well. So if Ambulance agencies or hospitals are proactive, BTP gets proactive as well.

I can suggest an alternative scenario (others can take it or leave it). The ambulance was on the road, but had not put on its lights and sirens. With out that, no police officer would be able to figure out if the ambulance is on an emergency. At a traffic block, the ambulance driver puts on the light and siren in order to get a preference. But this being a sudden surprise, vehicles don't clear the way quickly. The ambulance driver then tries to get the rope removed, so that he can charge through. A good samaritan obliges to do this. The Traffic PSI who lands at the spot later, figures out that the "most ethical drivers" of Bengaluru have used the ambulance to get undue advantage for them selves. The PSI was not even aware of the ambulance in the first place, and may have landed at the spot to figure out why the traffic was in a mess.

PS: Now that the PSI is suspended, the next things to do:-
1. Identify the Ambulance, and interview the ambulance driver. Ask him for his version of things.
2. Corroborate his statement using the traffic camera feeds in the vicinity.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th March 2015 at 05:07. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 20:42   #7817
BHPian

The road to Whitefield from KRpuram stations was blocked for some reason. Traffic was starting to build up . Anyone knows what's the reason?
Old 5th March 2015, 10:14   #7818
Senior - BHPian

To add on. It is now reported that the Ambulance whose movement which led to a PSI's suspension was carrying blood for a surgery in a hospital in Yelahanka. So looks like there was no critically ill patient in the vehicle. The belief that the Ambulance was not in a real emergency mode, and put on the lights & siren at the last moment seems to be increasing in my mind now. The Ambulance driver may have done this in order to get a preference.

PS: If this blood was so crucial to the surgery, the Ambulance crew should have informed BTP in advance. The media has clearly downplayed the fault from the Ambulance crew side. They were all okay to go without light & siren, but when they found a traffic signal ahead, they got the smart idea of putting it on. Will the Ambulance driver be put on suspension, or told to correct his behaviour? I don't think so.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 10:35   #7819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It is now reported that the Ambulance whose movement which led to a PSI's suspension...
How does any of this matter; the PSI is suspended for assaulting a member of the public. Even if the gentleman had opened the barricade to let his own vehicle to go through, is the PSI authorized or justified to beat him up?
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 10:40   #7820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
How does any of this matter; the PSI is suspended for assaulting a member of the public. Even if the gentleman had opened the barricade to let his own vehicle to go through, is the PSI authorized or justified to beat him up?
Agreed. But how about sensitising the Ambulance driver? And the great "highly educated, Techie(??) crowd" who used this way to also jump the signal? Yeah, so looks like the PSI at fault (and only at fault) where as all the rest of the people were innocent baby angels.

To be quite frank, the way some of the educated, high income, globe trotting crowd drives around in Bengaluru, only brutal beatings and public humiliations can make them better citizens & drivers. I know I am going to be crucified for making this statement, but expecting a "First World Police", in a "Third World city" would remain a long dream.
Old 5th March 2015, 11:06   #7821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
To be quite frank, the way some of the educated, high income, globe trotting crowd drives around in Bengaluru, only brutal beatings and public humiliations can make them better citizens & drivers.
In the present incident, the dramatis personae are an ambulance driver, a security guard and a police constable. None of them fall under "high income, globe trotting" category in my opinion - but you've made this into a rant against this category. You'll be quite at home on the newshour, I think. :-)
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 11:10   #7822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In the present incident, the dramatis personae are an ambulance driver, a security guard and a police constable. None of them fall under "high income, globe trotting" category in my opinion - but you've made this into a rant against this category. You'll be quite at home on the newshour, I think. :-)
I was referring to the "Yes every one" folks in the below post. Or just to keep the crowd here happy, I must say that those vehicles (which scooted behind the ambulances) were also driven by PSIs, security guards and and ill-trained Ambulance drivers. And all the other posts about bad driving in this exclusive "Rant" thread refer to these category people only. Other drivers are all 1st class, First world drivers .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
Yes everyone so easily crossed the median (which was prohibited) after the ambulance left and no one even bothered to tell the cop the reality.

Last edited by sachinpk : 5th March 2015 at 11:12.
Old 5th March 2015, 11:31   #7823
BHPian

Mods: Please move if this is deemed off topic.

Have a look at the innovative idea that Congo has come up with for the vexed traffic problem , all seeing and all knowing robocops

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/20...ublic-of-congo
Old 5th March 2015, 15:12   #7824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Ok, also went ahead and posted the pothole issue on IChangeMyCity. Would appreciate you guys upvoting it also - http://www.ichangemycity.com/bangalo...board-floyover
Looking good - BBMP has changed the status of this complaint to "On-The-Job" with this update - "Your complaint has been forwarded to officer/station Janardhan . The officer can be reached on 9019781559. Kindly get in touch with him / her for more information regarding the resolution of your complaint. Please mark the complaint as resolved when the issue is fixed. Thank you!".
Hopefully they tarmac the flyover soon and also fix the metal grating on the run towards BETL and from BETL towards Silkboard.

Finally some movement.
naveenroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 17:47   #7825
BHPian

I was just about to leave and then I saw this. Those taking KR Puram road back home, take note. Posted about 20 minutes ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-accident.jpg  

Old 6th March 2015, 07:07   #7826
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
The road to Whitefield from KRpuram stations was blocked for some reason. Traffic was starting to build up . Anyone knows what's the reason?
Not sure if this is what caused it, heard from a colleague that day.
There was a truck that came in from the lane beside the Bharat Petroleum pump near Tin factory junction, turned right (wrong side!) and then tried to turn left onto the hanging bridge to go towards KR Puram...and the truck broke down causing a huge jam
Old 6th March 2015, 09:54   #7827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I was just about to leave and then I saw this. Those taking KR Puram road back home, take note. Posted about 20 minutes ago.
I was stuck in this mess yesterday on my way back home and was stranded at the shell petrol bunk, Mahadevpura. Took me over an hour to cross this accident spot.
Old 9th March 2015, 09:21   #7828
Senior - BHPian

People who commute through Silk Board Junction can relate to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20150309wa0000.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 09:51   #7829
Senior - BHPian

Did they do some patch work on the potholes on Silkboard flyover? I seem to remember seeing some patches yesterday. Pathetically shoddy work seemed like. Aargh.
Old 9th March 2015, 12:28   #7830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Did they do some patch work on the potholes on Silkboard flyover? I seem to remember seeing some patches yesterday. Pathetically shoddy work seemed like. Aargh.
Yesterday i went by the silk board flyover but did not notice any patchwork. May be i missed it. But still the drive/ride is rough and bumpy.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks