Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2015, 08:28   #7741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The recommendations are by R K Mishra headed Technical Advisory Committee. They want most of it to come from Centre.
BBMP comes up with proposals like, charging borewells owners, asking car buyers to show parking space, and now the elevated road - can't really make out if they are serious about all these.
If they do it, it will be excellent. But considering the time taken to build 10Km BETL road, I doubt BBMP can pull this off in our life time.
Old 25th February 2015, 09:14   #7742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I was surprised by this announcement that they want to build elevated flyovers. I mean, do these guys sit at meetings and just say - "C'mon guys, any plans on how we can use public money to build something they cannot use?".
It is called Politician's Syllogism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politician%27s_syllogism
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 09:26   #7743
Senior - BHPian

It appears that a lorry has toppled over on whitefield road in the stretch between ITPL and hope farm. Expect traffic snarls.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 10:45   #7744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I usually go to office around 1 in the afternoon and start back by 9 in the night. Home - Koramangala. Office - EC Ph 1. When returning from office, I usually take right over the Madiwala under-pass and then go till Sukh Sagar and then take a left. Due to some trainings at office, I am going to office by 10:15 and returning back by 5.
Yesterday evening, there was major traffic after taking a right at the Madiwala underpass (over-pass in my case). Is it better to go straight towards Forum in this case? Cause at night, the right at the Madiwala under-pass doesn't have any traffic.
Am I making any sense?
Another route option I usually prefer while coming from Hosur road to Koramangala during peak traffic hours:
- Take a right at the Total Mall junction towards Madiwala Market road
- At the Krupanidhi college signal, take a right towards Sarjapur by keep extreme left lane
- Take a left u-turn to the service road at the next gap in the median
- Continue on the service road till the next junction, take a right towards 8th main road
- Continue on 8th main road till next major junction and take a left towards Koramangala BDA (7th cross road)
- Take a right at BDA and you are at Shuk sagar
Here is the Gmap link: http://goo.gl/maps/ONQiO
Attached the screenshot also for your reference:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-route.jpg

St.Jhons signal and Koramangala water tank signal are really painful in the peak hours.
denver85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 14:31   #7745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Another route option I usually prefer while coming from Hosur road to Koramangala during peak traffic hours:
Many thanks for depicting the route on google maps. Will try out this route sometime when I am coming back in the evenings. At night, the water-tank route is not trafficky at all.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 15:11   #7746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
This is something that I have tried many times and it works.

Quite often when I get hints that traffic is gridlocked right after Total Mall, I turn right and take this route to reach Koramangala near Kamat and then take Viveknagar or IRR to reach MG road area when returning home.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 21:10   #7747
Senior - BHPian

Productive ideas for Bangalore Traffic !

Source: Bangalore Mirror FB Page.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878083070.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878080448.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878077966.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878070325.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878075562.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878072863.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fb_img_1424878067694.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 09:01   #7748
BHPian

fter getting fed up of traffic on outer ring roads on daily basis by either travelling in bus or car, decided to take a alternate route driving in car today as got to know roads are bit improved.
I travel from home(yelhanka) starting at 7:00AM to Prestige Tech park, marathalli outer ring road. For me, bottlenecks starts at yelhanka itself(near Kogilu cross till santhe). Next will be Esteem mall where Interstate travel bus park hapazardly, also 500D volvo buses. Then comes baap of all traffic jams that i tend to see, Tin factory to KR Puram railway station. Next is Total mall(EMC), then kalamandir. If travelling by bus, i reach office by 9:00AM, sometimes extends another 10-15 mins. If by car, reach office by 8:45. Eitherways close to 2 hours. What while going back home? Cant imagine, takes anywhere 2-3 hours even when i leave office by 5:30.

So decided to take alternate route. Started at 7:15am, drive down to MG road via mekhri circle -> old airport road-> NAL Traffic Signal-> Take right towards Murgeshpalya-> Yemlur-> Take left-> Kariammana agrahara road-> Voila reached office at 8:05AM. Thats less than an hour.
Traffic is sparse from murgeshpalya to yemlur especially after once crossing that embassy park back gate junction. Roads are good inside till reaching yemlur, some 50 meters of slush/mud when nearing village. From yemlur to Kariammana agrahara road thats approx 1 kms was totally gone, now they have done some metalling. Drivable though.

Would advice this route to ppl travelling to belandur, eco space, Cessna Tech park, symphony etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-route-ptp.png  

Sudhindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 09:57   #7749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
So decided to take alternate route. Started at 7:15am, drive down to MG road via mekhri circle -> old airport road-> NAL Traffic Signal-> Take right towards Murgeshpalya-> Yemlur-> Take left-> Kariammana agrahara road-> Voila reached office at 8:05AM. Thats less than an hour.
Traffic is sparse from murgeshpalya to yemlur especially after once crossing that embassy park back gate junction. Roads are good inside till reaching yemlur, some 50 meters of slush/mud when nearing village. From yemlur to Kariammana agrahara road thats approx 1 kms was totally gone, now they have done some metalling. Drivable though.
Anytime after 7AM if you are heading towards KR Puram via ORR from the Hebbal side, just avoid. The traffic starts to build on the flyover itself. 7AM-8AM is a good time to go through the city. At least it moves easily and the school buses typically start hogging space at MG Road school complexes after 7:45/8 (which typically is their arrival time). At least the traffic through the city moves easily in spite of the signals.
Old 26th February 2015, 10:07   #7750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Would advice this route to ppl travelling to belandur, eco space, Cessna Tech park, symphony etc.
Sudhindra, what about the return commute?
Old 26th February 2015, 10:12   #7751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Anytime after 7AM if you are heading towards KR Puram via ORR from the Hebbal side, just avoid. The traffic starts to build on the flyover itself. 7AM-8AM is a good time to go through the city. At least it moves easily and the school buses typically start hogging space at MG Road school complexes after 7:45/8 (which typically is their arrival time). At least the traffic through the city moves easily in spite of the signals.
I agree, used to get frustrated seeing traffic from kasturinagar ORR itself.
For a while there was some respite when the underpass was done near tin factory where it could lead directly to Tin Factory bus stand(adjacent to BP petrol bunk and wiegh bridge), but now its a chok-o-block there too. Lots of cabs, Tempo travellers take that route too, blocking the underpass.

Inside city, yes traffic movement will be bit slow but keeps on moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sudhindra, what about the return commute?
Decided to take the some route -> reach NAL traffic signal-> take left and proceed to MG Road, Mekhri Circle -> Hebbal and then yelhanka.

My colleague who has started travelling on this route from past few weeks are so, said only bottleneck he faces is from Raj bhavan road till mekhri circle, but traffic keeps on moving at slow pace unlike on ORR.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th February 2015 at 10:37. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts, Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 26th February 2015, 11:14   #7752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Inside city, yes traffic movement will be bit slow but keeps on moving.

Decided to take the some route -> reach NAL traffic signal-> take left and proceed to MG Road, Mekhri Circle -> Hebbal and then yelhanka.

My colleague who has started travelling on this route from past few weeks are so, said only bottleneck he faces is from Raj bhavan road till mekhri circle, but traffic keeps on moving at slow pace unlike on ORR.
I would concur. Traffic through the city moves, although it is a bit sluggish. I would recommend that you continue to leave home at 7am, reach office by 8am, work really hard until 3pm or so and then get out by 4pm max. My experience of the Old Airport Road-MG Road-Raj Bhavan stretch is that post 5pm, traffic build up is big enough to make a huge difference.

After moving job and coming to Prestige Tech Park, I have started this early working routine and hence have little to crib about Bangalore traffic any more!
Old 26th February 2015, 11:17   #7753
Senior - BHPian

Just came through old airport road on Marathalli and it's a complete mess. Heard on radio that a rail coach has been "parked" by the road, but could not see it.
Old 26th February 2015, 13:59   #7754
Team-BHP Support

Is Residency Road getting the same treatment as St. Mark's Road? I noticed today they've begun laying separators and preparing a surface wide enough to be an additional footpath on the school auditorium entrance side. The whole stretch was a mess beginning on the flyover itself, took 45 mins to get past.

What in the world are BBMP smoking, choking a busy thoroughfare like that?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th February 2015 at 14:01.
Old 26th February 2015, 14:18   #7755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Just came through old airport road on Marathalli and it's a complete mess. Heard on radio that a rail coach has been "parked" by the road, but could not see it.
I saw it in the morning on the ORR on the stretch between the U turn point near karthik nagar and the hump going towards Marathahalli bridge somewhere opposite KTM Marathahalli.

Most Viewed