Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 10:27   #7921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Today is a good day for all Bangalore commuters for roads will be free of traffic in the morning and afternoons!
Ah. My 45-minute commute today was cut down to < 15 minutes. The Wind Tunnel Road signal on Old Airport Road - towards city - which usually takes 15+ minutes to clear today took hardly a minute.

Maybe they should have a series of world cup semifinals every day of the week featuring India. :-)
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 11:42   #7922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Today is a good day for all Bangalore commuters for roads will be free of traffic in the morning and afternoons!
Not Tin Factory, there was a terrible jam even at 6:15. Seems like Tin Factory runs in a parallel universe, whatever happens, the jam will prevail. All the truckers were trying to get to the depot before 9 AM, to watch the match.
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 11:56   #7923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Ah. My 45-minute commute today was cut down to < 15 minutes. The Wind Tunnel Road signal on Old Airport Road - towards city - which usually takes 15+ minutes to clear today took hardly a minute.

Maybe they should have a series of world cup semifinals every day of the week featuring India. :-)
yeah, Hosur road was comparatively empty this morning and i reached office on time even though i started 15mins late
Old 27th March 2015, 07:53   #7924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hoping to spot you some or the other day, coz our timings and route match.
By the way, I drive a Green Beat, so give me a Hi-Five if you see me.
Sure will Look out for your car. My car is the easiest to spot I believe. Its a Orange (tangerine mist) Fiat Palio GTX, haven't seen many in Whitefield

Road Close Alert - At the Ring Road - Sarjapur Road the entire left side of the road after the bus stand has been closed when coming from Agara. You have to rake the right side of the road towards Sarjapur and then Join the Ring Road Again.

There was a mini jam at 6:30 in the Morning, not sure if the situation will improve.

Regards
Old 27th March 2015, 08:15   #7925
Senior - BHPian

Major Alert:

The left hand curve under the sarjapur flyover towards Bellandur from Agara side has been cordoned off. Total Murder of that Road by BBMP !!

One has to use the right side of the median that goes towards Sarjapur road, and then take left and go towards Bellandur.
This lane is extremely narrow. Expect massive jams till HSR

My genius mspaint diagram below:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 27th March 2015 at 08:23.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:02   #7926
BHPian

Quote:

The left hand curve under the sarjapur flyover towards Bellandur from Agara side has been cordoned off.
When I passed that area at around 9:15 AM, it was open. Perhaps they opened it again seeing the huge jam, which had already reached beyond Agara flyover.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:06   #7927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
When I passed that area at around 9:15 AM, it was open. Perhaps they opened it again seeing the huge jam, which had already reached beyond Agara flyover.
Good to know that they opened it !
How is the road condition there ? Have they covered up neat and clean or the usual shoddy coverup ?
I am expecting jams everyday here due to slow moving traffic over the dug up part.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:13   #7928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that they opened it !
How is the road condition there ? Have they covered up neat and clean or the usual shoddy coverup ?
I am expecting jams everyday here due to slow moving traffic over the dug up part.
Since i commute in I shift, I went past that road by 6:20 AM. I saw bulldozers at work trying to level the mud. Not sure to what extent the road will be.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:15   #7929
BHPian

Quote:
The usual. They have just filled the dug up portion with mud. A rain can wreak havoc, unless it is asphalted soon.
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:47   #7930
Senior - BHPian

I passed that stretch around 9:30am, going from Silk Board towards Marathalli.
It was a total jam on the ORR, starting from HSR BMTC Depot until we crossed Agara.

Culprit? Bangalore Traffic Police.

They were doing some form of "ramp metering", to prevent complete chaos, by throttling the flow of traffic coming down the Agara flyover. The Sarjapur Rd - ORR split, where the digging had taken place, was relatively OK and traffic was smooth all the way from there till Marathalli.
Old 27th March 2015, 15:09   #7931
Senior - BHPian

Bangaloreans lack road sense : Home Minister :d

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true
Old 27th March 2015, 15:23   #7932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Bangaloreans lack road sense : Home Minister :d

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true
Instead of attributing to vague terms like 'common sense', I am glad the minister specifically attributed the cause. He is comparing Mumbai and Bangalore. I agree with him that Mumbai has slightly better road sense than Bangalore.

Unfortunately, education on road sense is left to personal interest of individuals.
Old 27th March 2015, 15:36   #7933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Instead of attributing to vague terms like 'common sense', I am glad the minister specifically attributed the cause. He is comparing Mumbai and Bangalore. I agree with him that Mumbai has slightly better road sense than Bangalore.

Unfortunately, education on road sense is left to personal interest of individuals.
Isn't road sense linked to infrastructure ? Isn't Mumbai traffic better than in Bangalore - at least this thread is the most ranted thread on city traffic. Road sense was better here 15 years ago with sparse traffic that the infrastructure at that time could handle.

Ministers will always blame the road users for accidents to cover up their failure to develop infrastructure to meet traffic needs. There's no point in blaming motorists when they have to spend hours on the roads.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 27th March 2015 at 15:43.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 15:46   #7934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I agree with him that Mumbai has slightly better road sense than Bangalore.
Agreed.

Quote:
Ministers will always blame the road users for accidents to cover up their failure to develop infrastructure to meet traffic needs.
Ministers will always blame - Yes. The infrastructure is a joke in Bangalore - Yes. But does that mean road users forget everything and drive like mad men on the road? - No

But Bangaloreans do, and it is getting worse each and every passing day. Unfortunately we are simply not people who take criticism well - we tend to get both personal and emotial. But this is the cold hard truth - we are pathetic on roads.
pratyush6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 15:54   #7935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't road sense linked to infrastructure ?
Not really. By road sense I meant by,
  • Stopping on pedestrian crossing
  • Over taking from left when the vehicle is turning left
  • Driving on footpath
  • Driving when signal is red
  • Jumping over the divider instead of taking the U turn further away
  • Being in right most lane for turning left
  • Pedestrians trying to cross when the signal is green for vehicles
  • Right of way at junction
  • + more
Quote:
Road sense was better here 15 years ago with sparse traffic that the infrastructure at that time could handle.
I have driven 15 years earlier. Bangalore like any other place in India, better road sense was desired
Actually, fatal accidents have reduced compared to 15 years back. Reason, better equipped vehicles with better brakes.
Quote:
Ministers will always blame the road users for accidents to cover up their failure to develop infrastructure to meet traffic needs.
This is also true. Govt and bodies like BBMP have failed to provide better designed infrastructure. Coming to road sense, govt has failed to enforce discipline on roads.
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks