Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2018, 19:14   #16261
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Yesterday I could drive from Uttarahalli to Mantri Sqaure mall in 40 mins straight at 3PM. It qould take double thag time on any other Normal Sunday. All thanks to my plan to drive to Sakaleshapura (onwards Friday and return back on Sunday) that was cancelled in the last minute. It surely was a blessing in disguise.
Old 22nd October 2018, 19:48   #16262
Senior - BHPian

Another rant about the traffic on roads, but not vehicular.
Yesterday, Bangalore Marathon was held in Bengaluru. Many key roads in the center of the city were blocked for these 15,000 people to enjoy their run. Their only agenda was advertisement for the sponsors. There were huge traffic jams and diversions. Now if someone wants to waste their energy running without a cause, shouldn't they go to some secluded place and do so? Why do they want to block the roads? In cahoots with the local police. It's all down to mob behavior. When in a crowd, people think they are right. And the govt. supports them as they are the vote bank.
Now if I want to conduct a free medical camp in the middle of MG road, will the authorities be so accommodating?
I'm sure there are many runners in this group too. I used to be one too, but on the sports field, never in the middle of the road. I appeal to them to use their energy in a more productive way. There was a waste picking marathon which was an excellent idea. Or else helping farmers plough this fields.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 21:52   #16263
BHPian

Not sure whats running in the minds of BBMP. Most of the by roads/arterial roads connecting Sarjapur road were dug up for laying some pipe are left unrepaired. This they dug an entire lane, so now most of the roads became single lane. Even the recently open Ecoworld back road which connects Kannahalli- Ecoworld also dug up and closed like that. They just don't bother to relay any of these road.

Just look at the state of Jail road its been like this for past 6 months and nobody bothers. Cars cannot go past this without hitting the underbelly, For biker its a death trap and it causes a hell lot of Jam at peak hours.

This month old article talks about this and as usual authorities (BBMP vs BWSSB) are pointing each others
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/65940987.cms
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:39   #16264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Not sure whats running in the minds of BBMP. Most of the by roads/arterial roads connecting Sarjapur road were dug up for laying some pipe are left unrepaired. This they dug an entire lane, so now most of the roads became single lane. Even the recently open Ecoworld back road which connects Kannahalli- Ecoworld also dug up and closed like that. They just don't bother to relay any of these road.

Just look at the state of Jail road its been like this for past 6 months and nobody bothers. Cars cannot go past this without hitting the underbelly, For biker its a death trap and it causes a hell lot of Jam at peak hours.

This month old article talks about this and as usual authorities (BBMP vs BWSSB) are pointing each others
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/65940987.cms
This is state of Harlur Road as well as Kudlu Road. They have done some filling in with Rocks etc. and it looked like they were going to repair the roads but nothing has been happening. The whole area has become a dustbowl and jams are regular as effectively the whole area has half the road now.
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:35   #16265
Senior - BHPian

I am becoming very pessimistic about the whole infrastructure (why so late?). Even the High Court tried and gave up just to keep the roads proper.

There are no bigger roads even in newer areas. The smaller village roads will need to carry the traffic of bigger commercial establishments and huge residential buildings. There is no plan to plan anything.

On wider main roads, one can find elevated man hole coverings for water lines, sewage lines that keep half the road useless and un-necessary swaying of vehicles to avoid those. Just for name sake we have so called 'engineers' who lack even common sense.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:44   #16266
BHPian

Drove from Chennai (ECR) yesterday, left around 1PM and entered Bangalore at the worst possible time(7PM). It was smooth sailing till BETL, failed to check the jam on the flyover & ended up spending 1.5 hours on the flyover itself.
I rarely take the BETL, barring situations where I have to enter/exit Bangalore, Is it really this bad on all working days? Can't believe one has to pay 45/- INR toll and end up being stuck for 1.5 hours.
On a positive note, the traffic on the BETL was much more civilized when compared to the ORR section between Marathalli-Iblur
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:07   #16267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I have also noticed that the Bellary road is not so congested (long weekend or not), so maybe try and take that route by planning differently wherever you maybe coming from .
That is a great comment and I fully agree. Bellary Road is now the only 'gateway' to BLR that is still relatively free of traffic even on holiday weekends. Hebbal can sometimes be an issue but nothing compared to the rush at toll gates.

No help to people returning via Hosur, but those returning from Hoskote / Tirupati etc. can avoid KR Puram (take the Devanahalli - Bellary Road right turn) while those from Tumkur can avoid Nelamangala (take the Dabaspete-Doddaballabpur-Yelahanka left turn).

While the extra distance is certainly a factor, you will save the fuel burnt at the respective tolls and come back home in a peaceful frame of mind .

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd October 2018 at 14:09.
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:35   #16268
BHPian

What's wrong with ORR after Hebbal towards Manyata Tech Park?
It used to take me 15 min before the stupid white topping work between Hebbal and Lumbini started, today it took me 75 min to commute from Dollars Colony to Manyata on my 2 wheeler. :(

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screen-shot-20181023-2.33.24-pm.png
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:39   #16269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
It used to take me 15 min before the stupid white topping work between Hebbal and Lumbini started, today it took me 75 min to commute from Dollars Colony to Manyata on my 2 wheeler. :(

Attachment 1810686
I travel on this road everyday to work. First they started white topping from Hebbal to Lumbini Gardens the traffic was manageable. Now they have dug up the road in front of Manyata hence it is causing a lot of traffic.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:56   #16270
BANNED

Quote:

Attachment 1810686
This is due to white tapping bhagya!. They already started digging work in front of Manyatha .
balechaparka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 16:48   #16271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
I travel on this road everyday to work. First they started white topping from Hebbal to Lumbini Gardens the traffic was manageable. Now they have dug up the road in front of Manyata hence it is causing a lot of traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
This is due to white tapping bhagya!. They already started digging work in front of Manyatha .
Wonder who gives these guys (management and contractors) the brains to dig roads when the already dug ones are still W.I.P and why do it on the same lane/side of the road!
Old 23rd October 2018, 21:35   #16272

I expect the Manyata traffic chaos will continue for at least another month until they complete white topping on this stretch.
For folks going to Manyata from Mekhri circle/Hebbal can take the Amrutahalli main road route. I took this route today morning and was able to get into Manyata from Hebbal in ~25 Mins. The roads are good for the most part except the 100m stretch just before entering Manyata.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-manyata-route.jpg  

aramosfet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 22:28   #16273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
This is due to white tapping bhagya!
White-topping on the roads.

Red-topping on the maps.

Green-topping for the contractors.

Blue-topping for public.

Flip-flopping for bureaucrats.

The sight on the Forum mall junction and subsequent Audugodi road is a sight to behold, one side with 1 feet of concrete, the other with old-worn out tar (white topping was stopped due to public's bashing, rightfully so) and a non-existent merging of the two roads due to different heights. Add to it, the fact that the road shoulders aren't even ready today, a year after work commenced.

Pathetic implementation. If my guess is right, the road from Jakkasandra junction, going across Agara lake connecting ORR and back would be the next to be earmarked for white topping since half the road is dug up anyway. I also hope Silk Board Junction aka the place where time stands still, is also selected for white topping. Then it is truly game over for people having work in ORR/EC/BTM.

Knowing our resilience though, we may only be posting our exploits of having traveled 6-8 hours at an average speed of 2 kmph in this thread. Jaan jaye lekin kaam na jaye.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 23:03   #16274
BHPian

"Look at these silly people in the video.. they want footpaths!

See saar.. if we have footpaths, there will be two-wheelers riding on them. If we don't have footpaths only, the problemu is solved! This is called straterrgy.. at its finest execution! Appreciate and vote madi saar!

Also, you see, we are very very busy.. topping, that only saar, white topping here and there
." - your sincere humble local (i.e., corporator, MLA, MP, etc etc.. pick you own) politician.

#footpathbeku

On a serious note, roads are bad. But even the pavements are bad. In fact, many roads in Bengaluru do not even have pavements!

Also, I notice, the thread is rated 4 stars. Why? Its a rant thread. And does so amazingly well. The poor thread takes the brunt of all our rants. We should rate it 5!

@Mods: Incorrect spellings, intentional. Please let them be.
OrangeCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 17:40   #16275
BHPian

NHAI is placing a speed breaker on Hosur road between kudlu gate and hosa road junctions, in the direction of EC. The placement is almost at the place where the road is curving to left. Please be careful when coming down that road as rear endings and bikes going out of control will be a common occurrence till people get used to the speed breaker.
john.gt is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks