Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 08:53   #14011
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Police on a full swing early in the morning at all possible places. So much that they ended up creating traffic crawls as they were walking in between vehicles

Also saw a pile up of around 3-4 cars right in front of BYPL metro station. Looks like a case of panic braking and multiple collision. There was a new Grande i10 with learners board which had been side swiped and a banged up Etios which was looking like a Liva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Has anyone noticed BTP's new modus operandi?

The cops at the signals enter the registration numbers of the waiting vehicles into their smart phones to detect whether any fines are pending. If there are any, the riders/drivers are asked to move to the side and are let off only after all/some of the dues are paid. Smart policing, I must say.
Not new sir, Haley buddhi. I have seen random people approached by cops in signals and asked to pull over and the poor drivers dont get what wrong has been committed. And now with more number of policemen, each checking point easily has more than 3-4 cops and they are able to catch efficiently and most of the people dont get a chance to escape.

Last edited by audioholic : 11th May 2017 at 09:06.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 09:01   #14012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Police on a full swing...

The cops at the signals enter the registration numbers of the waiting vehicles into their smart phones to detect whether any fines are pending. If there are any, the riders/drivers are asked to move to the side and are let off only after all/some of the dues are paid. Smart policing, I must say.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 10:37   #14013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

So that's what they were doing on the mobile. I was wondering what they were doing on the phone after stopping or while stopping vehicles.

Also noticed that if someone is trying to escape, they calmly take a picture and I assume they will raise a fine, and if they are checking as above , at some point they will get caught and have to pay the accumulated fine.

And they are all over the place, i was stopped few days back near decathlon on Sarjapur Road. Had never seen cops in that area until very recently. Stopped me in the middle of the road, looked at me for a second and told me to go.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 10:56   #14014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
So that's what they were doing on the mobile.
On a regular Smartphone, yes. That's what they do. This site is always open on the constables' phone. They key in the details and catch hold of the defaulters!

The officers on the other hand are being supplied with PDAs that can do a lot of things while also acting as a swiping machine to enable digital payment of fines.

In addition to this, BTP has initiated a Door to door fine collection scheme.

In spite of all these, here on the forum, we are struck with the question What's wrong with the Bangalore Traffic Police? Link (Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?)
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 16:32   #14015
Distinguished - BHPian

Extremely slow moving traffic almost from Marathahalli till Ecospace. This was at 4PM.
Old 11th May 2017, 17:07   #14016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Extremely slow moving traffic almost from Marathahalli till Ecospace. This was at 4PM.
Normal traffic on the other side though
Old 11th May 2017, 17:29   #14017
BHPian

Dead slow traffic from ISRO towards Marathahalli [5.30 PM]
Old 12th May 2017, 00:35   #14018
BHPian

Just came back from OMR to Yelahanka via the outer ring road. Barricades everywhere, not even allowing use of the flyovers. The same thing for the Hebbal-Yelahanka flyover.
Old 12th May 2017, 06:09   #14019
Senior - BHPian

We often see people complain about cops wrongly penalising them for traffic violations. Most people, including many on the forum, prefer to pay the fines instead of proving their innocence because of the red tape involved in the process. However, a few go the extra mile to set the record straight. An increase in such instances has forced BTP to look into the lacunae in their system and they have realised that the fault lies with what they call automated registration plate reading machines. A senior police officer had this to say:
Quote:
"There are times when the automated registration plate reading machines do make a mistake. If the alleged violator shares the proof that it was not his bike or car, we delete the complaint against them. This happens mostly when a bike or car bears a fancy number plate.The make of the vehicle is also recorded in the camera and we do check for such errors while taking the fine or if the person raises the issue with us.“
Source
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 12:48   #14020
BHPian

Guys seems there will be traffic snarls!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1494573479318.jpg  

Old 12th May 2017, 12:56   #14021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
Just came back from OMR to Yelahanka via the outer ring road. Barricades everywhere, not even allowing use of the flyovers. The same thing for the Hebbal-Yelahanka flyover.
Surprisingly, even the flyovers at Hyderabad were closed at midnight last night. I experienced this a few mintues after midnight at Punjagutta and opposite CM's Camp Office. Was this due to some security alert?
Old 12th May 2017, 13:01   #14022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I asked on of the cops yesterday on the way back from the airport. It seems they are blocking off the flyovers and as much of the expressway as possible at night because a lot of kids are using that road to do wheelies on bikes and race, etc.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 14:28   #14023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
It seems they are blocking off the flyovers and as much of the expressway as possible at night because a lot of kids are using that road to do wheelies on bikes and race, etc.
Wonderful initiative!

If you can't cure a common cold/runny nose with medication, what better way to bring it under control than to cut off your nose completely OR at least block it with cotton. No nose, no cold. No open nostrils, no runny nose. .
Old 12th May 2017, 14:35   #14024
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if its a new trend, like to post here what I experienced at the signal under Hebbal flyover yesterday morning around 7.20am. My route was BEL circle to UAS campus off Bellary road. While waiting at the hebbal signal, I could see one Innova (pvt registration) squeezing through the waiting cars and reached behind me. As the signal turned green, this chap rushed ahead of me, cut across my line and put a sudden break, opened the door and came out. This is when the entire area ahead of him is free to go. As he abruptly stopped in that speed I had to jam the break too, but touched his bumper. He was taking pictures of his bumper. I had no clue what is his intention. Both the cars are stopped nowhere in the middle of the area, cops are watching from the extreme right but none came to us. I gestured him to move to the extreme left so that we could talk without blocking the other cars. While he moved, I could see my car paint on his silver color bumper so it was clear to me that the damage is mine, not his. Anyway I didn't want to waste my time, didn't even step out of the car, gave my business card and told him to call me if there is any need. He said he is just a driver and the owner was sitting inside playing games on his phone.

Has anyone come across such a thing ? I have to admit, its absolutely no fault of mine because I never blocked or provoked anyone. I didn't even overtake anyone until the signal (because I was given a speed ticket in the same area 10 days back It was just a normal waiting for green. After reaching home, I realized paint is chipped off from the bumper more than I assumed. It may cost me anywhere above 5000 for a clean touch up work (vehicle: X1)

Planning to install a dash cam for the record, I think its a mandatory gear for Bangalore traffic !
Old 12th May 2017, 14:51   #14025
BHPian

Why on earth did he stop abruptly? Did you you try asking him that? Was someone crossing the road in front of him that you might not have been able to see??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks