Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2018, 21:56   #15526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I use the BTM layout ring road from Banashankari. With the metro work going on, are there any good alternatives to this to reach silk board ? Will driving on ORR upto Bannerghatta road and taking some internal road to reach BTM bus stand ok or I need to change to Jayanagar-Diary circle- St Johns to come to ORR (Cessna)
I have been using the Jayanagar-Dairy Circle-St. Johns route to commute from a long time now. I also commute from Banashankari. This route is slightly better simply because there is no Metro construction work. However, please be aware that traffic from Banashankari which was earlier on ORR has now routinely started using Jayanagar 40th cross, so that is also a mess. The stretch from Christ College till St. Johns is a lottery in terms of jams. If you used the same route on the return journey, Dairy Circle to Sagar Hospital junction on Bannerghatta Road is almost always jammed.

You win some, you lose some.

My recommendation is to shift the timing of your work if possible, and then use the Jayanagar route.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 08:00   #15527
BHPian

With alternative route to Kial open, commuters on airport road are expected to pay toll both ways (or buy day pass).
Old 6th March 2018, 08:47   #15528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I use the BTM layout ring road from Banashankari. With the metro work going on, are there any good alternatives to this to reach silk board ? Will driving on ORR upto Bannerghatta road and taking some internal road to reach BTM bus stand ok or I need to change to Jayanagar-Diary circle- St Johns to come to ORR (Cessna)
Slightly longer but you could try the ORR from Banashankari, Sarakki, JP Nagar to reach Bhannerughatta road and take a right and a left to go along the madiwala lake to reach AXA signal. Now that the Delmia flyover is also open, it is much faster than earlier. but the Madiwala lake road will be really slow sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
With alternative route to Kial open, commuters on airport road are expected to pay toll both ways (or buy day pass).
Why should we give two way toll? Why should I pay two way toll if I want to reach the airport from the Hyderabad Highway and go back to Bangalore city via the new road?
Actually earlier all vehicles were let free at the first toll gate (inoperational) and vehicles going to Nandi/Hyderabad had to pay a toll below the trumpet exchange.
Better way now would be to let the vehicles towards Nandi/Hyderabad free at the first toll gate and as usual their toll should be collected under the trumpet exchange.
Vehicles to the airport must not be let free but only one way toll collected at the first toll gate (after making it operational that is).

Of course that will add some delay to reach the airport and people flying out should plan for this.
IIRC, this was the reason why toll was only collected when coming in to the city from the airport so that people flying out don't miss their flights because of delays at the toll gate.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th March 2018 at 09:01.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 10:43   #15529
BHPian

Are autos and two wheelers allowed officially on the Gorguntepalya-Nelamangala flyover? I feel few them create utter chaos on the flyover. Views please.
Old 6th March 2018, 10:52   #15530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Of course that will add some delay to reach the airport and people flying out should plan for this.
However well they plan it, I'm certain the number of missed flights will skyrocket if they implement toll on the way to the airport.

Instead of the convoluted arrangement they have now, they should add the cost of the airport approach road in the UDF part of the flight ticket itself and do away with this toll booth altogether. In Hyderabad they don't collect toll on both the roads to the airport (NH 7 & Srisailam road), do they?
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 13:34   #15531
BHPian

My workplace requires me to travel from HSR layout to RMZ Infinity on Old Madras Road. My commute times are around 9 am and 6 pm (I know, I am blessed :( ). I use HSR-Jakasandra-Sony World-IRR-100 ft road-OMR in the mornings and ORR in the evenings. I find that commute time on both ways is usually around the 1hr mark.
Query: Is there a better route? Ejipura signal is a mess due to the flyover construction. is this the best possible route I can take?
Old 6th March 2018, 14:00   #15532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
..In Hyderabad they don't collect toll on both the roads to the airport (NH 7 & Srisailam road), do they?
Nope, they do not. Only if you use the ORR, you need to pay toll. Apart from that, there is no other toll near and around the Hyderabad Airport.
get2bid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 14:13   #15533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I use HSR-Jakasandra-Sony World-IRR-100 ft road-OMR in the mornings and ORR in the evenings. I find that commute time on both ways is usually around the 1hr mark.
Query: Is there a better route?
You are probably taking the best routes already; though I think Indiranagar Double Road sees less traffic than Indiranagar 100 ft Road. So after you get down from Domlur interchange, take left at the (new) signal and head straight till you hit OMR (the last one block is a one-way; be aware).

On your return: If you can take a U-turn (towards CBD) then OMR-Suranjan Das Road-HAL-Yemalur-Bellandur-Iblur flyover-HSR might work out to be better. At least it avoids the KR Puram mess.

I doubt you'll save much time; just that the frustration of localized bumper-to-bumper traffic can be replaced by slow but steadily-moving traffic throughout.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 18:15   #15534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Are autos and two wheelers allowed officially on the Gorguntepalya-Nelamangala flyover? I feel few them create utter chaos on the flyover. Views please.
Even bullock carts are seen plying on the said flyover. On holidays and weekends the whole flyover gets jammed. As far as I know, there is no restriction on what vehicles can ply. There was a board at the entrance but it's since been knocked down.
Old 8th March 2018, 08:03   #15535
BHPian

Driving in Bangalore for close to a decade now, certain things still seem to catch me off guard. Listing the top 8 things which will shock you, leave you in awe and wonder if you are still in Bangalore:

1. BMTC, especially Volvo buses not stopping in the middle of the road to pick up passengers.
2. Two wheelers not squeezing into any 20 inch opening they see ahead.
3. Tempo Travelers sticking to speed limits, not tailgating you with their high-beams dancing and blaring their pathetic horns which sound - blip-blip-blip-blip.
4. Any motorist stopping and allowing pedestrians the right of way.
5. Cabs using indicators to indicate they will change lanes/stop and then following it up with an actual lane change.
6. Pedestrians using the limited foot-over bridges in the city instead of running right into rush hour traffic.
7. Vehicles queuing up in a single line instead of making 3-4 lanes, blocking oncoming traffic.
8. BMTC or any other buses driving in one lane, instead of trying to over take each other blocking everything behind them.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 09:13   #15536
BHPian

There is a protest planned in Electronic City Phase 1 on 10th March 2018.
This is for those people who need a serviceable road in Neeladri Nagar main road. The protest is being held between Concorde Manhattan and Wipro gate number 13 on 10th March 2018 at 11 AM. At least 1000 people are expected to gather. Please plan alternative roads if traveling anywhere around here.

Neeladri Nagar houses more than 10k flats and even basic amenities are not present even though crores of rupees goes to the government through registration, property, and road tax. Roads, Drains, Street lights, and Garbage disposal are non-existent.

The Bangalore South MLA Krishnappa from BJP blames ELCIA and Congress government vice versa.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th March 2018 at 15:11. Reason: Correcting Neeladri spelling
Old 8th March 2018, 15:07   #15537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
The Bangalore South MLA Krishnappa from BJP blames ELCIA and Congress government vice versa.
This is the same story everywhere. My house falls under South Bangalore constituency and as you said the Local Corporator blames the MLA and the MLA blames congress government for not releasing the fund.

Result, the culverts have collapsed in many places, drainage are overflowing, there is garbage all over, street dogs, pavement occupied by vendors etc. This causes huge traffic jams every day morning and evening during the schools hours as the area is surrounded by many big schools. Utter chaos it is for the schools buses and IT employees going towards electronic city.

Anyways, this is OT here and I wouldn't have mentioned it if not for the traffic jams its causing everyday.

Regards
Old 8th March 2018, 16:01   #15538
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Query: Is there a better route?
Already answered by binand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
(the last one block is a one-way; be aware).
Just adding the last bit of detail, though it's actually easy if you're familiar with the place.
After BDA complex, turn right onto 60 feet Road (has a few travel agencies, banks, restaurants) to connect back to 100 feet road where you turn left and immediately reach the old madras road junction signal and again turn right to proceed towards RMZ.

*I'm assuming you're using a car to commute, not a two-wheeler ? There are more options (and legal too) if you're on a 2 wheeler.

Last edited by NPV : 8th March 2018 at 16:04.
Old 8th March 2018, 16:31   #15539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Already answered by binand.
Just adding the last bit of detail, though it's actually easy if you're familiar with the place.
*I'm assuming you're using a car to commute,
Car! and thanks for the advise. I am not all that familiar with that area. Need to go and do a recce of the area on a weekend.
Old 9th March 2018, 11:27   #15540
Distinguished - BHPian

Major paver block installation going on at Anand Rao Circle. While the blocks look robust and are quite thick, the existing road surface is being milled & overall prepared with (seemingly) undue haste.

Hope this haste does not cause issues later due to water seepage or uneven setting.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20180309-11.09.37-am-1.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20180309-11.09.37-am-2.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20180309-11.09.37-am.jpeg  

itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks