Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 10:56   #17026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Beneficial to whom? Commuters or money makers?
When has the Government considered the well being of commuters? They wont stop until they run out of cement and then we can get some respite before they develop some new alternative. That will be some gold topping or so. I cant stop ranting about this idea of pouring one feet thick concrete all over the place and justify its long life. This is done without even removing the existing tar.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 11:03   #17027
Team-BHP Support

A 20 ft section of Mysore Road in front of Satellite Bus Station (outbound carriageway) has been white topped about a month ago, and nothing's been done since. Equipment parked on the 'sample' stretch, and left to rot.

Why start something random like that? Rhetorical question of course.

These are the same people who dug up Hosakerehalli junction 5 years ago and didn't start building the underpass until about a year ago. Still WIP, no known deadline. While at it, they also built a one-side-only flyover on the Girinagar signal barely 200 meters away from the proposed underpass, probably as an offering to cement Gods to overlook their greed and incompetence, because the flyover has no earthly reason to exist.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th April 2019 at 11:09.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 12:24   #17028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
When has the Government considered the well being of commuters? They wont stop until they run out of cement and then we can get some respite before they develop some new alternative. That will be some gold topping or so. I cant stop ranting about this idea of pouring one feet thick concrete all over the place and justify its long life. This is done without even removing the existing tar.
I expect quite some accidents during this and the next rainy seasons due to skidding of vehicles because grooves aren't made periodically after the top layer wears out and become smooth
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 13:31   #17029
BHPian

White topping is not a solution in lieu of the Metro! Metro makes the entire city accessible for everyone, locals and visitors alike. It boosts connectivity and businesses which get new customers.

Metro for a tier A city, like Bangalore, is a no brainer and should have been executed and completed at least 5 years ago.

I blame us, the voters, for letting the govt. get away with this.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 13:32   #17030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I expect quite some accidents during this and the next rainy seasons due to skidding of vehicles because grooves aren't made periodically after the top layer wears out and become smooth
Yes, waiting to see some heavy drifting action by cars, buses, trucks and what not. God should save the two wheelers stuck between a skidding heavy vehicle and a slippery tyre. I had totally ignored the effects in the longrun and thought that the grooves might help, but they are pretty shallow as you say. The actual claim of "no maintenance" is going for a toss.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:24   #17031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes, waiting to see some heavy drifting action by cars, buses, trucks and what not. God should save the two wheelers stuck between a skidding heavy vehicle and a slippery tyre. I had totally ignored the effects in the longrun and thought that the grooves might help, but they are pretty shallow as you say. The actual claim of "no maintenance" is going for a toss.
Being a regular on the ORR from Hebbal to Tin factory and vice versa on my bike. I've seen all the activities of the white topping work which were carried out in this stretch. The most dangerous time of all was when they would open the newly laid cemented lane for traffic with the other side closed for construction. With car drivers who cannot see ahead of them due to a lorry/bus blocking their view, I have seen multiple panic braking, tyre screeches and even chain accidents due to immediate stop in the traffic flow, I can only imagine me being stuck behind a bus/lorry on my tiny two wheeler when these kind of things happen.

Hence whenever there is more traffic on the main carriage way or if it rains, I usually slip down the neatly tarred service road wherever the cemented stretch starts. It is not only empty and peaceful, I can also be more relaxed by the thought that no one can bang into me uncontrollably.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 30th April 2019 at 17:28.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 19:29   #17032
Senior - BHPian

The road inside BEL factory was concrete in the lat 80s - 90s. This caused a lot of accidents and then the surface had to be roughened with some rubber-asphalt mix. Experience is unfortunately limited to 1 electoral term.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 06:23   #17033
Senior - BHPian

This "racism in NYC " discussion is as relevant to a Bangalorean's favourite topic (and the title of this thead) as the price of tea in China.

HSR Layout, in the meanwhile is quickly becoming an island as all roads out are under construction- Silk Board, Ecity Metro, Eco Space Parking lot (aka ORR), Sarjapur Road and Roads being cut in 1st block Koramangala, creating hassles in Jakkasandra.

24th main was the only way out for locals but that has been cut up now as well.

So, we either have to work from home or not work at all!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:31   #17034
Senior - BHPian

Avoid ORR from Bel circle towards Yesvantpur. Major jam between Bel circle and Gorguntepalaya. No idea what happened. I had to turn back after entering Bel circle underpass
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20190503080312956_com.google.android.apps.maps.png  

sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:33   #17035
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Brace for 3 months + torture.

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/69152381.cms
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:13   #17036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Avoid ORR from Bel circle towards Yesvantpur. Major jam between Bel circle and Gorguntepalaya. No idea what happened. I had to turn back after entering Bel circle underpass
All it takes is one truck to break down on that brilliant bridge that has been built
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:43   #17037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

Start everything together, finish nothing on time, then ask citizens to 'cooperate' like they have a choice,
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:12   #17038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

Indian Railways ki Jai

Lately had started to commute by car since the traffic between KR Puram to Whitefield had eased out. But this will make more people take this route and will make the mess at tin factory worse. Compared to this taking the train between Hoodi and BYPL works like a charm.
Old 3rd May 2019, 20:27   #17039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
All it takes is one truck to break down on that brilliant bridge that has been built
It was indeed a multi-axle truck that had broken down. No idea where it first broke down, but looked like it was towed to the wider area near the magnum honda service center eventually.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 08:13   #17040
Distinguished - BHPian

More fun on the ORR!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-15569377703867487942955932807997.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks