Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 05:26   #14476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Just came home from office, luckily took wife's access(scooter) to work today, ORR from rainbow hospital to wells Fargo flyover was jam packed. All kind of vehicles were trying to enter the narrow service lane why? Because of the poor drainage the water was logged at least till bonnet level of swift.

I saw atleast 5 vehicles parked with parking lights on, not sure if it's because of water entering the engine.

I seem to have been exceptionally lucky last night. Left Hoskote Toll at 7:10pm and reached HSR by 8:20 pm! Only the underpass opposite Whitefield Hyundai was mildly clogged due to water logging.

It was raining in patches and started pouring once I reached home.
Old 24th August 2017, 05:39   #14477
BHPian

Update - 5.35 AM
Route Taken - TC palya road to JP Nagar 4th phase
Waterlogging - None

TC Playa Road - Rammurthy nagar - Ring road - byappanahalli Metro - CMH road - Domlur - Ejipura - Sonyworld Signal - BTM - Bannerghatta road

I just took this route at around 4.15 AM this morning and its absolutely dry with no waterlogging any where, infact the road was dry.

Hope this helps
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 07:35   #14478
BHPian

My team members whose shift starts at 5:30am reported traffic jams near tin factory junction. Last night was horrible for my team !! They logged out at 10:30pm last night and reached their homes around 2:30 am today morning!! Please work from home today or check Google maps before venturing out.
sairamboko is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 07:47   #14479
BHPian

This is not a rant but an appreciation. It had become common to see the ORR water logged after heavy rains. This year seems to be different. Even after yesterday's rains, I did not find even a puddle of water accumulated on the ORR, between the Ecospace <-> Doddanakundi stretch.
I think the cleaning up of the drains running parallel to the ORR has really worked.
Good work BBMP !! (I had never imagined I would get a chance to say this in my life time)
drive2eternity is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 08:29   #14480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Even after yesterday's rains, I did not find even a puddle of water accumulated on the ORR, between the Ecospace <-> Doddanakundi stretch.
I think the cleaning up of the drains running parallel to the ORR has really worked.
That is true. I am not sure at what time the water levels receded yesterday night, but by morning, it was all cleared up and no trace of yesterdays downpour.
Old 24th August 2017, 09:37   #14481
BHPian

My Google Map timeline for yesterday shows 2 hr 12 min from Belandur to Kammanahalli for a start at 19:15, also while leaving Google suggested Yemalur ~ BEML gate ~ Bypanahalli Metro ~ Kammanahalli and ORR was deep red all along at that time. Fortunately I stayed with Google and it was a wise decision.
In the same time my wife left ITPL at 19:25 and reached home at 23:00. Three and half hours for 15 Kms

Today morning for a start at 07:49 from Kammanahalli I was in Belandur within 45 minutes. No water stagnation anywhere.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 10:11   #14482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Good work BBMP !! (I had never imagined I would get a chance to say this in my life time)
From the past few months, I am seeing workers cleaning the roads near Chelikere, Ramamurthynagar and Hennur. What is surprising is the dedication with which they are going about their work. I see a gang of 6-7 people thoroughly cleaning the roads in the morning.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 11:10   #14483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This was causing further chaos as the vehicles behind him were rushing through the water with full throttle and had to slow down to negotiate this cab.
Something which drivers and riders do not understand for some reason, just like how they do not understand the need to drive in dim lights at night or dip for an oncoming vehicle.

Going fast through a flood or pool of water is wrong.
For some reason, majority of the public thinks it is safer for them and their vehicles by driving quickly through floods.
They don't understand it is more harmful since they are splashing more water to the the innards of their cars , they are causing the dirty water to splash on motorists around them and of course causing a bow wave which will affect two wheelers in the opposite direction to loose control.
I have noticed drivers doing this repeatedly when slow and steady with the revs high in first and probably half clutch when called for is all that is required.
Also taking into consideration the depth whether to venture into it or not.

Last edited by tharian : 24th August 2017 at 11:12.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 11:38   #14484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Going fast through a flood or pool of water is wrong.
Not really that people go fast, it is just that people revv up too much with half clutch so that the engine does not turn off, or not to let the water get in through the silencer. I I guess it just gives an impression that they are moving fast.
Old 24th August 2017, 11:39   #14485
BHPian

I just love my XUV even more after yesterday and it is just a fortress that ever protects.

Yesterday it was pouring very heavily and google led me to a road that was about 3-4 feet deep in water for about 70m, somewhere near tin factory. Quite a few cars broke down and were slowly getting submerged.
I could wade through this deep water in 1st gear (maybe having AWD helped too) and could steadily progress and escape this hell. Not even a drop of water got inside and I could not believe what I'd just passed through. Most bikes trying to cross had their headlights/ front forks almost submerged in water.

I hope all the people who were stuck there got home safely and also hope minimal damages to their vehicles and also to the people living near by.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 12:04   #14486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Cue municipal claims of how many thousands of potholes they've filled and a bunch of new magic flyovers to solve our traffic issues.
They can fill all the 5000 or whatever number of potholes. By the time you even read that news another 1000 would have emerged after all the rains.
Old 24th August 2017, 15:48   #14487
BHPian

More rains forecast for tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1503569900063.jpg  

sairamboko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 09:36   #14488
BHPian

For these times there are sone good tips which can be used to remain safe. Please refer to this link. http://m.wikihow.com/Stop-Hydroplaning.
Old 29th August 2017, 10:43   #14489
BHPian

Unsure if this has been posted before but BTP Twitter feed just posted this image regarding the planned Silk Board Metro/Road Flyover
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dixz7jsvaaavsmi.jpglarge.jpeg  

rshanker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 11:30   #14490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
Unsure if this has been posted before but BTP Twitter feed just posted this image regarding the planned Silk Board Metro/Road Flyover
The fun would start when the construction of this massive structure begins .
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks