Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 12:23   #14356
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The Shivananda circle signal is a nightmare for people travelling from Race course road to Kumara park side on Bellary road.
That is because of the bus stop just after the signal on Kumara park road towards CKP. Add the intersection at the bus stop and its the right recipe for a traffic jam. Even if you have a flyover, the jam will continue to exists unless the bus stop is moved as the road at that point is exactly 2 lanes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
the bottle neck is the railway underpass. Unless the steel flyover is built over the railway bridge, I just don't see how this would help commuters. Another scam and waste of tax payers money.
Agree. Instead of waiting at the signal, folks will wait on the flyover.
Old 25th July 2017, 07:47   #14357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
ORR - Eco space traffic update from 24 July

Saw signboards installed near Ecospace foot over bridge today morning, just now came across this post in Facebook.

Seems they are going to change the entry from Ecospace & EcoWorld while coming from HSR / Silkboard side.

Link
Also got this note on traffic coming from Marathahalli side. Vehicles headed to the Ecospace/Ecoworld, Intel, Sakra Passport office Cluster need to enter the service road from Cessna Business Park itself, the entry just before the Intel Flyover on to the service road will be closed.

Quote:
Commuters who are coming from Marathahalli need to take a left near Cessna Business Park and join the Service Road to reach Intel campus, Global Tech park & RMZ Eco space. Please note that the left turn from the main road would be closed near Country Club.
The entry/exit changes and restrictions on this ORR stretch is pretty confusing even for regular users. Someone new to this area will definitely go around in circles at least once.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 25th July 2017 at 07:51.
Old 25th July 2017, 10:38   #14358
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
It seems no change, but new 40 kmph speed limit signs on outer ring road is confusing.
This week I noticed new boards with "40" (Kmph speed limit) have been installed at few places on the Inner/Intermediate Ring Road.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:03   #14359
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile the present regime's Love for the steel fly over seems to be still lingering on.
No trees will be cut for steel flyover: CM

From what I remember this project was shelved, after massive public protests. BTW, a Facebook group has a series of "Now & Then (1989)" photographs of the now infamous Bellandur lake. The destruction is mind boggling. In 1989 parts of the lake shore resembled scenaries from Kerala backwaters.
Old 25th July 2017, 13:38   #14360
BHPian

Quick Question for those familiar with Sahakarnagar, Kodigehalli Gate
I want to know if the left turn at the signal is a free left turn or do we need to wait for the signal to turn green.
The point that i am talking about is the old Coca Cola Bottling Plant and now Brigade Opus.
I remember there was a sign saying no free left but i do not see one now,could have been removed due to the construction.
Wanted to check as is I do not take the turn till the signal turns greens and as one would guess that would mean the people behind me are honking.
One can say no sign means it is ok, but i have noticed there is a camera also mounted there, so not sure if it is tracking the "signal jumpers".

So wanted to know if anyone is aware of this so i can do the right thing.
Old 25th July 2017, 13:53   #14361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I want to know if the left turn at the signal is a free left turn or do we need to wait for the signal to turn green.
It is certainly not a free left but I have always seen people taking this left, mainly to enter the Service lane (leading to Swathi Gardenia).
Quote:
people behind me are honking.
I have faced this so many times when I need to turn left from Bellary Road towards Kodigehalli Road even when the traffic is open from Airport Side to Kodigehalli
Quote:
So wanted to know if anyone is aware of this so i can do the right thing.
I would wait till it turned green for everyone at this signal or even better, ask the cops by parking temporarily on the service road but I myself have seen cops dynamically changing rules as per their whims here and allowing you to take that left too.
Old 25th July 2017, 14:39   #14362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question for those familiar with Sahakarnagar, Kodigehalli Gate
The point that i am talking about is the old Coca Cola Bottling Plant and now Brigade Opus.
Ideally, While coming from Hebbal side while the signal is on red for all kind of traffic from that side, there can be a free left towards Kodigehalli, because the only traffic moving would be the ones coming from Kodigehalli towards Hebbal side. On the other hand, when there is green signal for 'U' turn towards Hebbal, the some vehicles coming from Byatarayanapura side would also be taking a right turn towards Kodigehalli, and the free left would not be possible/permitted.

Having said that, the signal has become a mess with another 'u' turn towards the service lane. All in all, a mess!
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 18:59   #14363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick Question for those familiar with Sahakarnagar, Kodigehalli Gate I want to know if the left turn at the signal is a free left turn or do we need to wait for the signal to turn green.
It does not look like a free left but I have seen too many people taking it. There is a lot of confusion in that signal from all sides.

Although I have seen multiple updates on the speed limits on Outer Ring Road and Airport Road, I am still not sure on the actual number. Got a speed ticket right in front of Hebbal Railway station with 65 kmph for a few seconds. Is the limit different for each track ?

Personally I feel 80 kmph on outer ring road is perfect, although we may not do even 60 kmph on peak hours ! Airport road should be 100 kmph as 99% taxi guys do over 120 here 24/7 ! Now once you enter the airport property after the toll plaza, its 60 kmph boards all over. But even an Omni is going 100+ here all the time !

I got saved twice last week on the airport road because the 'race' drivers in front of me got caught and I was trying to match their speed ! Now I am very careful as someone told me 3 violations can push me to jail and a 4th one could cancel my Aadhaar card and Passport
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 07:46   #14364
Distinguished - BHPian

7.15 am Hoodi - Lane leading towards PSN was backed up all the way till KEB substation. Even the lane leading to Graphite was starting to choke thanks to all the wrong side U turns that school buses & cabs take.
More and more of the road from Hoodi - Graphite is being cordoned off for Metro work and I think pretty soon the only way to reach graphite would we via Kundanahalli or Alpine Eco road.

Edit: Now it seems to have backed up all the way to ABB junction. Best to avoid and take alternative routes.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hudi.jpg

Last edited by procrj : 26th July 2017 at 07:52.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 07:55   #14365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
7.15 am Hoodi - Lane leading towards PSN was backed up all the way till KEB substation. Even the lane leading to Graphite was starting to choke thanks to all the wrong side U turns that school buses & cabs take.
More and more of the road from Hoodi - Graphite is being cordoned off for Metro work and I think pretty soon the only way to reach graphite would we via Kundanahalli or Alpine Eco road.

Edit: Now it seems to have backed up all the way to ABB junction. Best to avoid and take alternative routes.
Attachment 1660608
Thats because of a huge Dumper truck that decided to break down at the mouth of the road that goes after the signal towards PSN. I came from my village today and entered from Hoodi railway station side and this had blocked my left turn leaving space for one car to pass through. Mechanics are at the spot and fixing the truck. Should be normal in some time.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 07:49   #14366
BHPian

The signal at Kundahalli Gate is not working. Some locals were manually controlling the traffic at 7 AM but not everyone was following their directions. Expect long delays.
Please take an alternate route if possible.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-traffic.jpg
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 14:51   #14367
BHPian

Driving in Bangalore is bliss today. I could drive at 60Kmph in Graphite India road.
Even fellow Bhpians have taken leaves hence no posts of such a rare thing.
redcruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 17:32   #14368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Driving in Bangalore is bliss today. I could drive at 60Kmph in Graphite India road.
Reporting it to BTP for flouting the 40kmph rule
I did some unmentionable speed on Jayamahal Road today morning too!

We need to ensure a few more festivals like these
Old 4th August 2017, 17:39   #14369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This morning I drove on my Scooty from Bommanahalli to ITPL. Left home at 7 35 AM and was in my seat in office by 8 30 AM. I did not ride fast, went sedately between 40-50 kmph.
Old 4th August 2017, 17:42   #14370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Driving in Bangalore is bliss today
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
We need to ensure a few more festivals like these
Don't need to wait long. 14th aug will be even better

Unfortunately KR Puram was still a mess. I wonder what will happen if BTP closes the U under the flyover. Guess the mess will move to the underpass junction near Whitefield honda & the junction just after ORR up ramp. It's such a beautiful bottle neck this!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks