Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 11:49   #13606
Senior - BHPian

No idea what happened to Bangalore traffic today. Seems to have taken a day off.
I left home (Banashankari 2nd Stage) at 8:35am, reached Kadubeesanahalli at 9:30am. Finished with a bit of work by 10:05am, and was at my desk in Bommanahalli at 10:45am.

Weird.
KiloAlpha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 12:27   #13607
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
No idea what happened to Bangalore traffic today. Seems to have taken a day off.
I left home (Banashankari 2nd Stage) at 8:35am, reached Kadubeesanahalli at 9:30am. Finished with a bit of work by 10:05am, and was at my desk in Bommanahalli at 10:45am.

Weird.
Yeah I was thinking the same since last evening. Yesterday evening too I reached my home near Lalbagh from Sarjapur in 35 mins and today morning too it took about 45 mins only. Thought that the OLA/Uber folks are on strike still but saw few of them on the road as well. Not sure but I do like this though!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 12:57   #13608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thought that the OLA/Uber folks are on strike still but saw few of them on the road as well. Not sure but I do like this though!
Friday is work from home festival for many techies, together with Ola/Uber strike might have resulted in lesser traffic
Old 17th February 2017, 14:33   #13609
BHPian

Two Bad Updates:

1. A mini truck toppled just before Bellandur Flyover (towards Marthahalli). Traffic backed up till Sarjapur Signal

2. A BMTC bus breakdown right at the exit of Sarjapur Flyover (towards Silk Board)
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 10:17   #13610
Senior - BHPian

Stuck in a big traffic jam on Orr near her agara stretch from past 20 mins. Google maps shows red all the way till Bellandur. Not sure what the reason is. Please avoid this stretch for some more time if possible.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 10:42   #13611
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible jam at Hebbal all the way from Jakkur heading into town. Avoid!
Old 20th February 2017, 12:18   #13612
Distinguished - BHPian

Last Wednesday, I was waiting to cross under the newly opened Chennamma circle flyover (DG petrol bunk circle as it is popularly known). I was ranting about it to my wife that the authorities have wasted so much money by newl constructing such a "Low" flyover where some trucks can't pass though!
And then suddenly, my 3yr old daughter out of her current fascination for bridges, asked me that she wanted to go over the bridge. So, I deviated a bit and then drove over the bridge. Even before I drove over it My wife was telling that she is not very confident of this flyover as it was constructed faster than usual standards. The drive over the bridge was like justifying her fears .

It is so bumpy and the cross section of each section of the flyover is like a "U" than a straight line. I was driving at 40-50Kmph and my car was jumping up and down. My daughter asked "Pappa why is the car jumping up and down?" When the flyover is so bumpy when it is brand new I'm scared about its future when numerous heavy vehicles pass over it

First they build a very low flyover and over that, they don't build it well. Morons! .

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 20th February 2017 at 12:19.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:37   #13613
BHPian

Has anyone used the new entrance to BIAL from Budigere Cross? Wanted to know if it was worth risking the last mud road bit or should I just go the usual way around Devanahalli.

Thanks.
Old 20th February 2017, 12:41   #13614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Last Wednesday, I was waiting to cross under the newly opened Chennamma circle flyover (DG petrol bunk circle as it is popularly known). I was ranting about it to my wife that the authorities have wasted so much money by newl constructing such a "Low" flyover where some trucks can't pass though!
And then suddenly, my 3yr old daughter out of her current fascination for bridges, asked me that she wanted to go over the bridge. So, I deviated a bit and then drove over the bridge. Even before I drove over it My wife was telling that she is not very confident of this flyover as it was constructed faster than usual standards. The drive over the bridge was like justifying her fears .

It is so bumpy and the cross section of each section of the flyover is like a "U" than a straight line. I was driving at 40-50Kmph and my car was jumping up and down. My daughter asked "Pappa why is the car jumping up and down?" When the flyover is so bumpy when it is brand new I'm scared about its future when numerous heavy vehicles pass over it

First they build a very low flyover and over that, they don't build it well. Morons! .
Most flyovers now a days are bumpy. I think it has to do with the quality of new age contractors who build. This flyover took a long time to build. It started 3 years ago! They need to standardize the requirements and always insist on pre-fab surface units.

Yesterday, I thought I will take the ORR instead of the usual uttarahalli road (which has couple of schools that make the raod jam up). I enter near PES college and found that it looks like a war zone all the way until Kathriguppe. They are planning flyovers/underpasses at atleast 3 junctions and have felled trees all along.
Old 20th February 2017, 13:20   #13615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Has anyone used the new entrance to BIAL from Budigere Cross? Wanted to know if it was worth risking the last mud road bit or should I just go the usual way around Devanahalli.

Thanks.
What I read was that this entrance has already been closed since Aero India is over .
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 14:10   #13616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
What I read was that this entrance has already been closed since Aero India is over .
I hope they have just closed it to complete the mud road inside the compound !!!

If not and it's a permanent closure then I have plenty of unmentionable comments to make.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 06:44   #13617
BHPian

Traffic Alert - There was an accident between BMTC bus, a bike and TT just before the Mantri Sarovar Apartment on ring road towards Sarjapur.

The bike was caught between the bus and the TT, hope the biker is safe.

Regards
Old 21st February 2017, 09:05   #13618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Me and my dad tried this flyover last Saturday and we had ditto observations. Pathetic quality of levelling. If this is the initial quality to start with, in a few days after it gets to host a lot of heavy vehicles, the situation will get worse and the expansion joint regions will turn into speed breakers. I approached the flyover at 50kmph and the bumps became so annoying I had to slow down. To add to it those fools have left a patch of potholes as we exit the Kadirenhalli side ramp where all vehicles have to slow down to a crawl. Infrastructure planning has become a joke
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 09:05   #13619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I hope they have just closed it to complete the mud road inside the compound !!!
If not and it's a permanent closure then I have plenty of unmentionable comments to make.
As of now the alternative road is open. Bangalore Traffic Police has proposed that this road be kept open permanently. If their proposal is accepted, PWD and BIAL will need to work on asphalting, lighting etc.

Source: The Hindu
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 09:14   #13620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
As of now the alternative road is open. Bangalore Traffic Police has proposed that this road be kept open permanently. If their proposal is accepted, PWD and BIAL will need to work on asphalting, lighting etc.

Source: The Hindu
Good to know! I read another report which said it would be closed from monday. Nice if it is being made permanent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks