Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 19:01   #13486
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Folks, what is the best way to get to Manipal County from Koramangala-Hosur Road junction ?

It's been more than a decade since I went there and back then, we took Bannerghatta road onwards and returned via the Begur Road ( it was hardly 10 feet wide at some places )

Now, google maps is suggesting taking the Hosur Road's right side service road (from the junction of Begur Road-Hosur road by going below the flyover) all the way and then turning right onto the Manipal County Road, is this the best way to get there ? In fact the Begur Road itself leads to Manipal county but that's not suggested as an option!

Last edited by NPV : 31st January 2017 at 19:04.
Old 31st January 2017, 19:19   #13487
BHPian

Is the dreaded Ecospace flyover area better than before. Have experienced more clogging recently near rainbow hospital on ORR with the new flyover coming up than near Ecospace couple of times I have had to use this road.
Old 31st January 2017, 19:30   #13488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, what is the best way to get to Manipal County from Koramangala-Hosur Road junction ?

It's been more than a decade since I went there and back then, we took Bannerghatta road onwards and returned via the Begur Road ( it was hardly 10 feet wide at some places )

Now, google maps is suggesting taking the Hosur Road's right side service road (from the junction of Begur Road-Hosur road by going below the flyover) all the way and then turning right onto the Manipal County Road, is this the best way to get there ? In fact the Begur Road itself leads to Manipal county but that's not suggested as an option!
The route suggested by google maps is the best option unless maybe during morning/ evening peak times. After silk board flyover, take the service road on the left to avoid and go past Bommanahalli signal, merge back onto the main Hosur road, take right at the Kudlu gate signal onto the right side service road and then turn right onto Manipal county road.

Turning right to Begur road from Bommanahalli is a hit and miss since the section of road from Bommanahalli to the BP petrol pump is pretty choked. The resort is not on Begur road if I remember correctly. You need to take a left near the lake and go towards Hosur road.
Mnjdnght is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:33   #13489
BHPian

Quote:

Now, google maps is suggesting taking the Hosur Road's right side service road (from the junction of Begur Road-Hosur road by going below the flyover) all the way and then turning right onto the Manipal County Road, is this the best way to get there ?
Instead of taking the service road from Begur Jn/Jail Rd Jn, turn into the Service Road at Singasandra Jn i.e. the one before the Jail Rd Jn. near Vecto Motors. Keep going straight on the service road until you come across a decent sized junction on your right. Turn right, keep following the lunar surface and you will reach Manipal County.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 19:38   #13490
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
Turning right to Begur road from Bommanahalli is a hit and miss since the section of road from Bommanahalli to the BP petrol pump is pretty choked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Instead of taking the service road from Begur Jn/Jail Rd Jn, turn into the Service Road at Singasandra Jn i.e. the one before the Jail Rd Jn. near Vecto Motors. Keep going straight on the service road until you come across a decent sized junction on your right. Turn right, keep following the lunar surface and you will reach Manipal County.
Thanks guys

Seems like the Singasandra option is better as it avoids a very long drive on the service road, so will try that. Thanks for the pointers!

Last edited by NPV : 31st January 2017 at 20:01.
Old 31st January 2017, 19:47   #13491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys

Seems like the Singasandra option is better a it avoids a very long driveon the service road, so will try that. Thanks for the pointers!
You have already got the correct answers but for what ever it is worth, never take the Bommanahalli-Begur road to reach Manipal county.

Take RHS U turn at Kudlu gate and then take another U turn immediately to the service road (you cant directly enter the service road from Kudlu gate \ Hosa road junctions) and then keep following the road til you see a junction with a high mast lamp post on right side (you will pass a RE showroom and a petrol pump before that). Take that right and keep following the road for hardly half a kilometer and you will get Manipal County on your left side.

When are you coming here?

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:05   #13492
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
You have already got the correct answers but for what ever it is worth, never take the Bommanahalli-Begur road to reach Manipal county.
Yes, I plan to take the Singasandra turn (near Vecto Motors ?) onto the right side service road.

Quote:
Take RHS U turn at Kudlu gate and then take another U turn immediately to the service road (you cant directly enter the service road from Kudlu gate \ Hosa road junctions)
Confused now
If I remember correctly, 4th signal is Hosa Road, so I should take the right at 3rd signal (near Singasandra ?), so why Kudlu gate signal ? Or is Kudlu gate signal the third one ?

*Will let you know when I'm coming that side
Old 31st January 2017, 20:12   #13493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I plan to take the Singasandra turn (near Vecto Motors ?) onto the right side service road.

Confused now
If I remember correctly, 4th signal is Hosa Road, so I should take the right at 3rd signal (near Singasandra ?), so why Kudlu gate signal ? Or is Kudlu gate signal the third one ?

*Will let you know when I'm coming that side
1st Signal - Bommanahalli
2nd Signal - Garepalaya (Garvebhavi Palya)
3rd Signal - Kudlu Gate
4th Signal - Hosa Road \ Jail Road.

You should take the right turn at 3rd signal

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 12:28   #13494
BHPian

Today morning traffic was horrible, I took 35 mins from pai layout to Bagmane compared to the usual 10 mins. It was probably because of blocking of the U turn near the Baiyapanahalli metro.

Thankfully the U turn was re-opened around 12o clock. Not sure if the opening is temporary as I saw the barricades lying around nearby.

Last edited by vinodh_eee : 1st February 2017 at 12:44.
Old 1st February 2017, 21:01   #13495
BHPian

Traffic Jam alert : Stuck at HSR - silkboard road for > 20min and it will be another 20 min according to google maps to cross silkboard signal.
Not sure what's the issue yet.
Old 1st February 2017, 21:14   #13496
Senior - BHPian

Old timers of Bangalore. Varthur village/town seems to be having the annual Karaga festival. The place is getting readied up, but all the banners etc. does not seem to mention the dates. Any idea when the festival is going to be held and for how long?

Okay - found the answer myself. The main event is on 3rd Feb (Friday).
Varthur Brahmarathosthava & Karaga
Fri Feb 03 2017 at 08:00 am

Last edited by sachinpk : 1st February 2017 at 21:17. Reason: Found the answer myself..
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 21:16   #13497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Traffic Jam alert : Stuck at HSR - silkboard road for > 20min and it will be another 20 min according to google maps to cross silkboard signal.
Not sure what's the issue yet.
I think that's pretty normal at this hour during weekdays . Think of it, BTM & HSR are neighborhoods next to each other, but it takes 45 minutes to get between from one another

Unless ORR is signal free, the scene gets worse every passing year.

Last edited by msdivy : 1st February 2017 at 21:24.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:47   #13498
BHPian

Quote:
Heard from a friend that this has been implemented today, but seems like a trial given that the cops have used steel barricades to close the opening in the median on Old Madras Road. He also says the residents of the area are happy with this move, since it will reduce traffic from Bagmane tech park who use this as a short cut to go towards KR Puram side.

I passed this way last evening and noticed that the bus stop road has been widended by breaking the erstwhile median/footpath on left and moving the bus stop to the new island (but no shelter yet, people were standing on the island).
Yes - this was implemented today and except increasing the travel distance by 500 mtrs it did not make any difference to the motorist. The jam was longer. The other thing to note is that the footpath on both sides of the OMR have been widened + the bus lane has been added and this takes away almost one lane of carriageway on both sides. I wonder whether there are so many pedestrians to make use of this super wide footpath - haven't seen it being used by many.
Rajeev1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 23:17   #13499
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
The other thing to note is that the footpath on both sides of the OMR have been widened + the bus lane has been added and this takes away almost one lane of carriageway on both sides. I wonder whether there are so many pedestrians to make use of this super wide footpath - haven't seen it being used by many.
The bus lane is a great idea for that place and before that there is one more designated lane with a median+railing for vehicles entering the metro parking lot. Unfortunately, this lane gets blocked by cabbies who stop there and those entering metro parking form a parallel lane. Then, buses stop beside the bus lane's median and right there you have a complete stoppage of traffic. So all the good intentions of those lanes are lost.

Next, the footpath is very wide on the side where the HAL boundary wall runs along the length of the road and there is hardly any footpath space on the metro station side!

I can't understand why there is no foot-over bridge/skywalk. If ever there is a place where it will be most useful, it is this place.

If the median isn't blocked, autos zoom into the wrong side to reach the metro.

All hell breaks loose here most times

Last edited by NPV : 2nd February 2017 at 23:19.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:05   #13500
BHPian

Two accidents on the Electronic city flyover (from e-city towards silk board). Took me more than 40 minutes to cross the flyover. Hosur road *might* be a better option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks