Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 10:50   #13426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/Dx7cyita1Bn

This is the opposite route, so the routing is not correct owing to one ways along the stretch.
Yep I realized the mistake later. However at the end of Krishna temple road, you need to just take a left instead of right shown in the map and then right again afterwards on Whitefield road.

The last stretch of Goshala road is best avoided - narrow, lots of street vendors and prone to jams.
Old 18th January 2017, 10:58   #13427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Not sure if this is the right platform to post this rant. Yesterday I missed my office cab and so decided to come to office in ITPL by BMTC. I took a rick from the Bommanahlli junction to Silk board bus stop.
I waited for close to 30 minutes and all that i could see was the AC Volvo buses to ITPL. Not a single non AC bus. On the other hand i saw a mix of Volvo and non AC buses to Hebbal.
Is this a ploy by BMTC not to run non AC buses on this lucrative route. In the 30 min that i waited, i spotted close to 10 Volvo buses to ITPL and not a single non AC bus. What prevents BMTC from running non AC buses as well. I am talking of this situation at 6:30 AM.
On earlier occasions during peak hours, I never spotted a non AC bus. Not everyone prefers to travel by Volvo bus. FYI price from Silkboard to ITPL costs Rs 85 by Volvo and Rs 34 by non AC bus.
While waiting at the bus stop hoping to catch a non AC bus, i did see some private buses plying till Tin factory, Hebbal as well.
Not sure if this is some sort of mafia by BMTC not to run non AC buses so as to milk the public.
The parking of buses at the Silkboard bus stop leaves a lot to be desired. Haphazard parking creating a traffic jam at 6:30 AM. I did not see any cop at the Silkboard bus stop.
Does anyone know whom to contact in BMTC with regard to the plying of non AC buses from Silkboard to ITPL for the benefit of the public ?
Yes, it could be intentional and they need to make some money. However, the demand for AC buses is more and you cant add more buses to the same route. What if non-AC buses dont run to full capacity? They would just add to more traffic.
Old 18th January 2017, 11:17   #13428
Senior - BHPian

Looks like people commuting to ITPL from Indira Nagar side may have some issues today. If I get it right the Hoody Halt station is getting inaugurated today by the SM and the Minister for the City. There would be blocks due to the convoys passing.
Old 18th January 2017, 11:43   #13429
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks: Traffic Alert

Near Mantri Sarovar turning on the ORR, a Ritz cab has crashed on to the divider I guess. Saw the vehicle being towed. Hopefully the mess is cleared before traffic piles up.
This is not the first time I am hearing about vehicle hitting the divider in this area. Wondering if there is an issue - faulty road engineering / no streetlight / ghost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Authorities opened the median on Outer Ring Road near Marathahalli in front of VIMS Hospital / More Mega Store. It might create some chaos, as observed in the last couple of days.
This is one of the most stupid things that they have done. I need to tweet BTP today asking them to close it. If you all are on twitter/FB, please post asking BTP to close this u-turn. Just ahead there was u-turn which was closed few months back improving traffic movement and now this! Plus its so small (probably meant for 2-wheelers) so when a car takes u-turn it clogs the traffic :( Classic case of BTP taking 1-step forward, 2 steps backward!
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 11:47   #13430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
This is not the first time I am hearing about vehicle hitting the divider in this area. Wondering if there is an issue - faulty road engineering / no streetlight / ghost?

IMO it could be a combination of poor lighting, absence of white lines on the speed breaker that could alert the driver. Not sure if there is a bad patch on the road just before the speed breaker ramp.
Old 18th January 2017, 13:23   #13431
BHPian

Sorry for the OT, but couldn't find a more appropriate thread for posting this question:

How is the situation now in BLR for visiting in a TN registered car? Is it safe now, or are there still issues?
Old 18th January 2017, 13:30   #13432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Sorry for the OT, but couldn't find a more appropriate thread for posting this question:

How is the situation now in BLR for visiting in a TN registered car? Is it safe now, or are there still issues?
Absolutely no issues. FYI I have a TN registered car plying on the roads in Bangalore.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 16:08   #13433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are very much On-T. And you are very much welcome to Bangalore with your TN vehicle. We are having several other issues to deal with at the moment
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 07:56   #13434
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely no Issues, there was none before as well for the Private Cars. People were cautious and worried which is understandable.

I car pool with my colleague every alternate week and he has a TN registered car. We have never faced any problem even during Cauvery agitation.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 09:55   #13435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Authorities opened the median on Outer Ring Road near Marathahalli in front of VIMS Hospital / More Mega Store. It might create some chaos, as observed in the last couple of days.
This is a serious brainless act. Couple of days back I say this opening. The openings are so small that cars would struggle to take U turns. This not only would hold the traffic on VIMS side of the road, but also cause danger to vehicles coming towards Marathahalli.

Unfortunately there are no proper sign boards too on directions around this place. Have been seeing this stretch for past 16 years. Once upon a time it was such a joy to drive on this stretch of road!
Old 22nd January 2017, 17:32   #13436
BHPian

The service road(from Agara towards Silk Board) after Agara Flyover is half blocked after it was dug up.

What it means is extra load on main road towards Silk Board coming from Marthahalli side.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1485086478169.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2017, 07:16   #13437
BHPian

I have observed a physically challenged guy on a four wheeler scooter on the Kadubeesanahalli underpass trying to flag down lone bikers. I smell a potential scam considering I have seen him on atleast 5 different occasion always in an underpass(Kadubeesanahalli, Karthik Nagar/Doddenakundi) and flagging people. he caught my attention because I happened to see him one day in different underpasses in a span of an hour.
Have any of the ORR regulars spotted him in a similar situation? Note that its always during peak hours and not during an odd time.
Old 23rd January 2017, 08:43   #13438
BHPian

Not sure this is right thread or its already been shared earlier. Do plan your flight travel accordingly as BIAL is to be closed partially for three months

Source

Quote:
The Bengaluru Kempegowda International Airport is set for a revamp and passengers will not be able to fly from or land in Bengaluru between 10.30am and 5 pm from February 19 to April 30.
The airport will be partially closed for upgradation work on the existing runway.
vin_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:54   #13439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I have observed a physically challenged guy on a four wheeler scooter on the Kadubeesanahalli underpass trying to flag down lone bikers. I smell a potential scam considering I have seen him on atleast 5 different occasion always in an underpass (Kadubeesanahalli, Karthik Nagar/Doddenakundi) and flagging people. he caught my attention because I happened to see him one day in different underpasses in a span of an hour.
Have any of the ORR regulars spotted him in a similar situation? Note that its always during peak hours and not during an odd time.
I have seen this same guy multiple times near Chinnapanahalli Main Road. I had my doubts too. It sure looks like some sort of scam to me.
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:17   #13440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I have observed a physically challenged guy on a four wheeler scooter on the Kadubeesanahalli underpass trying to flag down lone bikers. I smell a potential scam considering I have seen him on atleast 5 different occasion always in an underpass(Kadubeesanahalli, Karthik Nagar/Doddenakundi) and flagging people. he caught my attention because I happened to see him one day in different underpasses in a span of an hour.
He's a regular at Ramamurthynagar and Banaswadi underpasses. Says he got lost, is out of petrol and has no money to tank up to get back home.
Vysakh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks