Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 10:57   #13411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Authorities opened the median on Outer Ring Road near Marathahalli in front of VIMS Hospital / More Mega Store. It might create some chaos, as observed in the last couple of days.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:11   #13412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Authorities opened the median on Outer Ring Road near Marathahalli in front of VIMS Hospital / More Mega Store. It might create some chaos, as observed in the last couple of days.
I was taken by surprise this morning when a cabbie abruptly braked on the right lane. I was wondering why did he brake, whether it was a pedestrian movement or something, but then I realized he was trying for the U-turn.

The traffic at that area was smooth so far and fast and I wonder what this change is going to bring in. The left lane is normally occupied by BMTC, Private buses, cabbies, TTs to pick the people and now if this right lane gets slower for the U-Turn movements, then it is definitely going to create a mess I guess.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:16   #13413
Senior - BHPian

If you need to go towards Palace Ground or Airport tomorrow, please make a note of this advisory.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp.jpg  

Old 18th January 2017, 06:59   #13414
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right platform to post this rant. Yesterday I missed my office cab and so decided to come to office in ITPL by BMTC. I took a rick from the Bommanahlli junction to Silk board bus stop.
I waited for close to 30 minutes and all that i could see was the AC Volvo buses to ITPL. Not a single non AC bus. On the other hand i saw a mix of Volvo and non AC buses to Hebbal.
Is this a ploy by BMTC not to run non AC buses on this lucrative route. In the 30 min that i waited, i spotted close to 10 Volvo buses to ITPL and not a single non AC bus. What prevents BMTC from running non AC buses as well. I am talking of this situation at 6:30 AM.
On earlier occasions during peak hours, I never spotted a non AC bus. Not everyone prefers to travel by Volvo bus. FYI price from Silkboard to ITPL costs Rs 85 by Volvo and Rs 34 by non AC bus.
While waiting at the bus stop hoping to catch a non AC bus, i did see some private buses plying till Tin factory, Hebbal as well.
Not sure if this is some sort of mafia by BMTC not to run non AC buses so as to milk the public.
The parking of buses at the Silkboard bus stop leaves a lot to be desired. Haphazard parking creating a traffic jam at 6:30 AM. I did not see any cop at the Silkboard bus stop.
Does anyone know whom to contact in BMTC with regard to the plying of non AC buses from Silkboard to ITPL for the benefit of the public ?
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 09:12   #13415
BANNED

Truck breakdown near Ramamurthy bridge,due to this huge traffic near banaswadi area.
Also big jam from marathhalli towards Karthik Nagar ring road.
balechaparka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 09:30   #13416
BHPian

Traffic jam all the way from New Horizon college towards Marathahalli. Almost standstill in the underpass near JP Morgan bus stop. Another unpleasant beginning of the day.
Old 18th January 2017, 09:39   #13417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
Truck breakdown near Ramamurthy bridge,due to this huge traffic near banaswadi area.
Also big jam from marathhalli towards Karthik Nagar ring road.
There is a lorry (BIG one) breakdown (it could be due to accident also) after RM nagar underpass. The traffic has piled up until Hennur Cross. For people coming from Hebbal towards Marathalli, suggest you to take right turn in Hennur cross and take the internal road to reach Kasturninagar. This being a BIG lorry, i am not sure when will that be cleared.
Also, funny thing is, there is jam on the opposite also from RM underpass till that point, the reason being 'curious motorists' slowing down to see what has happened...and couple of cars, they have parked it on the road which is obstructing the traffic!
Old 18th January 2017, 09:50   #13418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Traffic jam all the way from New Horizon college towards Marathahalli. Almost standstill in the underpass near JP Morgan bus stop. Another unpleasant beginning of the day.
Extends all the way to the Karthik Nagar u turn. Since I was in a bus and headed to ITPL side, got down at marathahalli and walked up the bridge and took another bus. Saved me 30 min.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 09:55   #13419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Extends all the way to the Karthik Nagar u turn. Since I was in a bus and headed to ITPL side, got down at marathahalli and walked up the bridge and took another bus. Saved me 30 min.
I had to go towards Mahadevapura and since Marathalli was jam packed I took a left at Marathalli bridge and came inside Doddanekkundi after taking right at Yemalur junction and it is no better. I am stuck inside Doddanekkundi for 20 mins now :banghead:
Old 18th January 2017, 09:59   #13420
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
There is a lorry (BIG one) breakdown (it could be due to accident also) after RM nagar underpass. The traffic has piled up until Hennur Cross. For people coming from Hebbal towards Marathalli, suggest you to take right turn in Hennur cross and take the internal road to reach Kasturninagar. This being a BIG lorry, i am not sure when will that be cleared.
Also, funny thing is, there is jam on the opposite also from RM underpass till that point, the reason being 'curious motorists' slowing down to see what has happened...and couple of cars, they have parked it on the road which is obstructing the traffic!
This spot is accident zone due to curve and slope from both sides.I stay nearby .Same spot I have seen several accidents recently.Few months back big lorry toppled.Few life lost recently in bike accidents. Authorities should take proper step to ensure safety in this stretch on urgent basis.
Old 18th January 2017, 10:08   #13421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
This spot is accident zone due to curve and slope from both sides.I stay nearby .Same spot I have seen several accidents recently.Few months back big lorry toppled.Few life lost recently in bike accidents. Authorities should take proper step to ensure safety in this stretch on urgent basis.
Last night I saw the metal frames on the road dividers falling on to the road, exactly at the place the accident has occurred. They were grey in color and no street lights working. I presume this is the cause of the accident. I wanted to report to traffic police last night about this and forgot :(
Old 18th January 2017, 10:08   #13422
Senior - BHPian

Can this route be taken to avoid the mess near Phoenix Market city on weekends? If yes, how is the condition and any land marks to look for.

Are there any better alternatives?

https://goo.gl/maps/xyPiiC4zNjp

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-map.jpg
Old 18th January 2017, 10:11   #13423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
It was an accident. The grill/railing had fallen down few days back and was blocking the rightmost lane. My guess is he saw it at the last moment (being a somewhat blind curve) and swerved to avoid but lost control. The truck has heavy damage on the front. One of the suspensions is broken. It was blocking 2 lanes. Cops were present when I crossed this. A JCB was being brought. Not sure why JCB instead of a crane.
Old 18th January 2017, 10:14   #13424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Can this route be taken to avoid the mess near Phoenix Market city on weekends? If yes, how is the condition and any land marks to look for.

Attachment 1596657
That route also does get clogged since the roads are narrow but I guess it will be infinitely better than getting stuck in front of Phoenix.

The other option is turn right on mahadevpura road, then maheshwaramma temple road, goshala road, krishna temple road and then back on whitefield road.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-phoenix-avoid.jpg  

reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 10:47   #13425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post

Attachment 1596657

https://goo.gl/maps/Dx7cyita1Bn

This would be a better route IMO. Its not necessary to go all the way to Battarahalli Cross. Just take the ORR from KR Pura railway station and after the down ramp towards Marathahalli, stick to the right(left service road is blocked) and go down the bridge and take a left. following google later. With this route, you will drive through mostly residential areas and open fields which is less congested in non peak hours. And you also get multiple options to get back to ITPL main road.

IMO this is too much of a diversion to avoid just the mess near Phoenix Market city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
That route also does get clogged since the roads are narrow but I guess it will be infinitely better than getting stuck in front of Phoenix.

The other option is turn right on mahadevpura road, then maheshwaramma temple road, goshala road, krishna temple road and then back on whitefield road.
This is the opposite route, so the routing is not correct owing to one ways along the stretch.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks