Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 09:10   #13591
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Traffic Alert

Truck breakdown in Bellandur flyover towards Marathalli. 2 lanes blocked. Avoid ORR from Sarjapur road junction till Bellandur. Take Bellandur main road from Sarjapur road and connect to ORR under Bellandur flyover.

Route shown in picture (take the road marked with green arrow).

Attachment 1608943
Saw this truck around 5:30am enroute to my office. This didn't look like a breakdown. I feel the truck had lost control and has hit the divider and then I guess the driver had to do a hard left to avoid more damage. Thats why its occupying 2 lanes of the flyover and I also noticed broken parts of the divider. This morning commute is going to be bad for commuters on ORR!
Old 16th February 2017, 09:16   #13592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Saw this truck around 5:30am enroute to my office.
This block is still there. Traffic restricted to one lane. Now senior police officers are there and looks like they would sort this out in half hour or max an hour.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:23   #13593
BHPian

27th main road HSR is blocked to its gills because of this accident. I'm going to be stuck here for a while.
Old 16th February 2017, 09:30   #13594
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

No rants today, just positive news for Bengalureans

BMTC Launches Volvo Metro feeder service from Swami Vivekananda Station to ITPL
The report says buses at 5 minute interval, that should be good news for ITPL bound commuters to escape the maddening traffic by avoiding self driving (from personal experience!)

Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project gets a push with funding
Hope this initiative gets the necessary visibility, priority and funding it rightly deserves, this can also contribute to controlling vehicular traffic in Bengaluru if implemented quickly

Kittur Rani Chennamma flyover at Padmanabha nagar opens
Hope the crazy traffic mess near Deve Gowda petrol bunk eases out with this flyover now ready

Last edited by NPV : 16th February 2017 at 09:33.
NPV is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:41   #13595
BHPian

Today's accident at bellandur. The truck has a broken rear axle.

Once again reiterating that the Bangalore flyover entries are death traps are night.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1487217972736.jpg

Last edited by bejoy : 16th February 2017 at 09:42.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:47   #13596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post

Once again reiterating that the Bangalore flyover entries are death traps are night.

Attachment 1608957

When i saw the truck at 5:30am, it was kind of standing perpendicular to the traffic flow. Now atleast they have moved it to one side.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 09:48   #13597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project gets a push with funding
Hope this initiative gets the necessary visibility, priority and funding it rightly deserves, this can also contribute to controlling vehicular traffic in Bengaluru if implemented quickly
Hopefully they get moving quickly on this as it will help big time with folks travelling to ITPL(hoodi halt) and even ORR side(Belandur road). I have taken the 7.20 am passenger from Cantt may times and I am at Hoodi station by 7.45-7.50. Extremely convenient, cost effective. They need to increase frequency and visibility to ensure that more folks use sub urban trains.
Old 16th February 2017, 10:58   #13598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
When i saw the truck at 5:30am, it was kind of standing perpendicular to the traffic flow. Now atleast they have moved it to one side.
While going to my office at ITPL around 6AM, the truck was standing at an angle thereby blocking the heavy vehicles from using the flyover.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 11:31   #13599
Senior - BHPian

It took me all of 1 hour to cross ORR from Jakkasandra to sarjapur junction. I heard that it was because of an accident involving a truck which I saw in this thread now. I think it had happened earlier than 6 AM. I dont know why it took them so long to clear it up.
Old 16th February 2017, 11:55   #13600
BHPian

A lot of talk about routes shutting or changing to airport and some flights being shut and delayed has me confused. Can you tell me if one has to go to the airport from Marathalli, what would be the best way possible to catch my 12:55 flight tomorrow?
Old 16th February 2017, 13:31   #13601
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
A lot of talk about routes shutting or changing to airport and some flights being shut and delayed has me confused. Can you tell me if one has to go to the airport from Marathalli, what would be the best way possible to catch my 12:55 flight tomorrow?
With the Aero India show going on, I would avoid the Bellary road side and the new road via Hennur. Instead, taking KR Puram, Budigere Cross, Mandur, Devnahalli will be my preferred route. You will enter the airport from the Hyderabad-Bangalore direction.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 14:04   #13602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post

Well, while Bangalore flyover entries are surely poorly designed and ill-lit making them dangerous, what makes them death trips in these situations is the reckless manner in which these trucks are driven. I commute 30 kms on ORR everyday from Whitefield to Sarjapur Road and encounter a bunch of these trucks everyday who either think they are driving a 2 wheeler or they are driving on the Auto-bahn - weaving in and out of traffic in a reckless manner with absolutely no care for other vehicles. The manner in which they overspeed, I am amazed more of these maniacs don't end up on the dividers (I have been a victim of one such moron who hit my Sunny at Hosur Road last year).

These newer trucks with power steerings and easier manouverability seems to have given these folks the right to treat the roads as their playground. You dont see these kind of accidents with the older heavier Ashok Leyland / Tata trucks as they cant be tossed around on the city roads.

There was a post on this thread a few days back of a concrete mixer overturning on Sarjapur road near the fire station - the only way that accident could have happened is the driver overspeeding on the empty stretch and realizing last minute that there is a steep turn and a roundabout. Similarly I wouldnt be surprised if the monkey driving this truck realized in the last minute there was a flyover and swerved.
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 14:38   #13603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
There was a post on this thread a few days back of a concrete mixer overturning on Sarjapur road near the fire station - the only way that accident could have happened is the driver overspeeding on the empty stretch and realizing last minute that there is a steep turn and a roundabout. Similarly I wouldnt be surprised if the monkey driving this truck realized in the last minute there was a flyover and swerved.
Too bad that the driver learned it the hard way. Truckers tend to stick to the right lane on dual carriageways, and the "Outer Ring Road" proved to be a costly lesson for him.
So while on Bangalore Outer Ring Road, stick to the middle lane (to all truckers and long distance bus drivers...)

Also, that U-Turn near Fire station on Sarjapur road is an accident spot. Not only that is a sharp turn, but also on a downhill. IMO, it is very deceiving for someone who is new to that spot.

Unfortunately there is no solution to the problem, and there will be many truckers who will be trapped, and the next day we will suffer on the roads.
Old 16th February 2017, 15:47   #13604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Apart from the route to take to the airport, you need to be mindful of the fact that the airport will be closed for commercial operations during various intervals while Aero India is on. There is a good likelihood that your 12:55 PM flight will be rescheduled. See the airport advisory:

http://www.bengaluruairport.com/bial...ger_runway.pdf
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 19:17   #13605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I have a BIAL pickup tomorrow morning and will be starting around 07:30 hrs. Was wondering if I can take the regular Hebbal - Elevated Fly over - BIAL route?

Return trip would be around 10:30 hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Regular route is fine for tomorrow (Thursday) in my experience of the last 2 days.

Friday and Saturday are the 'public' days at Aero India and the mayhem will be especially catastrophic on Friday with offices and schools ALSO being open!
Completed the pick up today via the regular route to BIAL.

The overall trip was just a shade over 100 kms, and it took 5 hrs.

There was quite a bit of hold up near Yelahanka in the morning. Lot of policemen trying to maintain traffic, however, there were still hordes of people crossing the highway in large groups, and also perched upon the view point of the Yelahanka Air Force station.

While returning, at the 2nd circle from BIAL, traffic police were stopping every vehicle, inquiring with them their destination, and accordingly diverting on the new road or allowing them to proceed on the Hyderabad-Bangalore highway. I just told them I am going to Nandi Hills, and they let me go through the normal route.

While going to BIAL there were sorties being performed by a couple of fighter jets, and the commercial airspace was closed. While returning, around 12:30 - 13:00 hrs, the commercial airspace was open and there was no activity at the Air Force base.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks