Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp.jpg  

airbus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:24   #14342
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
Anybody knows what's up with Electronic City flyover? Heard there was a jam since morning. When I was going towards Koramangala around 1.30, they were letting the Hosur bound traffic on my lane by opening the median. Not sure if I missed any accident remnants, but didn't look like any mishap occurred. I keep seeing occasional repairs on the flyover when they route the traffic into 1 lane for a small distance. But this time, they let it come on the other side. Something serious?
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ecity.jpg

Electronic City bound traffic please take note of this small diversion. Due to maintenance work by #NHAI Heavy vehicles will not be allowed on Electronic City-Hosur road flyover tmrw on 19-07-17 from 10:30AM to 5:30PM.

From BTP Facebook page
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 17:33   #14343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Electronic City bound traffic please take note of this small diversion. Due to maintenance work by #NHAI Heavy vehicles will not be allowed on Electronic City-Hosur road flyover tmrw on 19-07-17 from 10:30AM to 5:30PM.
Thanks for the information. Maybe the work on 19th got postponed to today as I did not see any diversion yesterday.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:55   #14344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Vehicle movements on Bellary Road and GKVK Main Road will be restricted for two days from Friday due to Dr. B.R. Ambedkar International conference-2017 being organised at GKVK Campus.

According to an official release, VIP’s and dignitaries from across India and other countries are expected. There will be a high security convoy movement on Bellary Road on July 21 from 3 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. Therefore, all vehicles will have to use alternate roads.
Source - http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le19318107.ece
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 14:19   #14345
BHPian

I am working in afternoon shift and have been commuting in car from Hosur to Embassy Tech Village(ETV). Here are a few observations:

1. Zero speed breakers in Tamilnadu. Total - 27 speed breakers including 2 sets of small continuous speed breakers in Bangalore!! 8 speed breakers once i enter Karnataka!!

Apart from these 4 speed breakers inside ETV if i come via back gate.

2. Genius BBMP - Sarjapur road is being widened and we have to applaud the brains behind this!! They have just laid the roads where the road was widened and not the entire 4 lanes!! Also we need to applaud the people who use this raod- they use the newly laid widened lanes as parking spaces!!

3. It takes me 20 mins to travel from my home to Sarjapur , rest 45 mins is for remaining 15kms.!! Speed breakers and bad roads are the main reason for the 45 mins trip. Literally there is no traffic in the Bagalur - Sarjapur road.

Last edited by sairamboko : 21st July 2017 at 14:22.
Old 21st July 2017, 14:23   #14346
BHPian

Just wanted to check with friends here that if they are aware of flyover construction on Hoodi Junction and an underpass at Big Bazar Junction near ITPL.I saw two boards from BBMP which notifies the affected owners on delimitation of their properties on the road from Big Bazar (now cloud 9) to Hoodi.
Old 21st July 2017, 14:47   #14347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Just wanted to check with friends here that if they are aware of flyover construction on Hoodi Junction and an underpass at Big Bazar Junction near ITPL.I saw two boards from BBMP which notifies the affected owners on delimitation of their properties on the road from Big Bazar (now cloud 9) to Hoodi.
Not sure of the Underpass or flyover, however Metro work has begun in Whitefield. My Office is in GRTP and from last week they have started digging up to widen the road and placed the "Metro Barricades".

God help all of us if there are doing all three at the same time, ie Metro, Underpass and flyover.
Old 21st July 2017, 15:06   #14348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I read it in some news articles too, that they will construct an underpass in Big Bazaar junction, and later a flyover in Hoodi. On paper, its all good but looking at the way things are done on the field, I am very concerned. It might even come to a point where there will be a clash between metro works and this one and they will end up making a huge mess out of the place.

Road is dug up on either side between Prestige Shantiniketan and Hoodi, and that is very evident to show the lack of brains in whoever does this. They should ideally relocate these cables farther away from the road to enable easy maintenance. Instead, they dug up the road itself and are laying cables on the road. Once the metro pillars start coming up in the middle of the road, they will spoil the center lane. Effectively, commuters will be left with one lane of the road which will be screwed up due to the patchwork done by the digging contractors. People going to ITPL will have to suffer.
Old 21st July 2017, 15:07   #14349
Senior - BHPian

Are there any issue if the State govt coordinates with SWR to lay additional track between Anekal Road station and Baiyappanahalli. Referring to the enclosed map, if this becomes a reality then even Metro connection is not required
1. Heelalige station can cater to the requirements of people living in Chandapura and Bommasandra. Feeder buses can be operated to ferry commuters staying in Ecity to board the train at Heelalige
2. Looking at Google maps, I suppose there is place to develop a station at Kaggadasapura. Plus we have stations at Carmelaram and Belandur.
3. By operating DEMUs, loco reversal is not an issue. There will be direct connectivity to Whitefield through Baiyappanahalli.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-train-route-1.png
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 15:43   #14350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Are there any issue if the State govt coordinates with SWR to lay additional track between Anekal Road station and Baiyappanahalli. Referring to the enclosed map, if this becomes a reality then even Metro connection is not required
1. Heelalige station can cater to the requirements of people living in Chandapura and Bommasandra. Feeder buses can be operated to ferry commuters staying in Ecity to board the train at Heelalige
2. Looking at Google maps, I suppose there is place to develop a station at Kaggadasapura. Plus we have stations at Carmelaram and Belandur.
3. By operating DEMUs, loco reversal is not an issue. There will be direct connectivity to Whitefield through Baiyappanahalli.

Attachment 1659339
Its in process already. Please refer this article - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/59587250.cms
Old 21st July 2017, 16:56   #14351
Senior - BHPian

I saw some pipes on the footpath on old airport road near the Yemaluru signal. There was a JCB near the temple today, I am thinking that the new road that was laid less than a year back to be dug up again. I don't know what those pipes are for, they look small to be for water or sewage.
Old 21st July 2017, 22:14   #14352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It might even come to a point where there will be a clash between metro works and this one and they will end up making a huge mess out of the place.
People going to ITPL will have to suffer.
Classic live example is the dismantling of recently constructed footpath from Phoenix to Garudacharpalya. The footpath was in really bad shape for last 3 year at least in my knowledge. No coordination between any govt. department in Bangalore. Just wonder if BWSSB also decides to dig along side Metro and Flyover constructions.
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:31   #14353
BHPian

Another steel flyover.
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...L_ucw9nhZ6DSHA

I travel back from office on this strech from Malleshwaram towards Chalukya junction. You can cross this signal easily in this direction with minimum waiting time. In the opposite direction, the bottle neck is the railway underpass. Unless the steel flyover is built over the railway bridge, I just don't see how this would help commuters. Another scam and waste of tax payers money.
Old 24th July 2017, 09:59   #14354
Distinguished - BHPian

I notice some good scientific traffic management these days. For example at Hebbal going towards Mekhri Circle, they have 1. Stopped all buses from using the direct route, & 2. Extended the divider a long way to ensure that vehicles are channeled into the narrow flyover.

These steps have decreased my wait time by at least 10 minutes as earlier there would be 8 lanes trying to channel into 2.
Old 24th July 2017, 11:18   #14355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Another steel flyover.

I travel back from office on this strech from Malleshwaram towards Chalukya junction. You can cross this signal easily in this direction with minimum waiting time. In the opposite direction, the bottle neck is the railway underpass. Unless the steel flyover is built over the railway bridge, I just don't see how this would help commuters. Another scam and waste of tax payers money.
The Shivananda circle signal is a nightmare for people travelling from Race course road to Kumara park side on Bellary road. Most days in peak hours, the pile up extends up to the Race course road and beyond. The average waiting time on that stretch can be sometimes 5-8 minutes.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks