Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2017, 11:05   #14311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Signs are obvious that the present Draconian enforcers aren't quite sure of getting an extension and hence are happily taking the city down with them.
Cant blame you for being Cynical. The best cement road in Bangalore I have seen for a long time is the Vittal Mallya road. This was built by UB at their cost. It has stood the test of time for quite a while. How much will the govt funded concrete roads last is anyone's guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
I stay off Bannerghata (BG) road. There were news of widening BG road. Also reports of soil tests failing for the Metro earlier. Now I hear otherwise. So will there be a Metro on this stretch ?
There is no concrete information on any of these.
Surprising that you should mention Concrete info .

The metro is a reality on BG road. Classified under Phase 2, it will start from Gottigere, Hulimavu, IIMB, Dairy circle, MICO, Langford town and spin off towards Vellara junction, MG road, upto Nagawara. The section from Dairy circle to Nagawara will be entirely underground. The plan is to make it operational by 2020 (which I think is too ambitious).
I think we will need to bear the pain for this entire stretch at least for 4-5 years IMHO. But once operational, it will surely help the BG road and nearby residents.

Last edited by hrman : 14th July 2017 at 11:14.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:11   #14312
BHPian

Ventured on to ORR today on a working day. Had to take my mother to the passport office at Sai Arcade outer ring road. Started at 8.15am from Indiranagar and decided to go through Koramangala - Bellandur. Turned out to be a good decision. Reached outer ring road in 20 minutes, then took the service road where it was slow moving traffic from Iblur to Sarjapur junction. From there it was smooth progress and reached the parking lot at 9 am.
Left the passport office at 10 and took the Marathalli route. Noticed on the opposite side the road from Marathalli towards Sarjapur junction was clogged with slow moving traffic. Reached back home in 40 mins.
May be I was just lucky not to get stuck badly on the dreaded ORR.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th July 2017 at 14:31. Reason: typo corrected
Old 14th July 2017, 15:30   #14313
BHPian

Need advice, i need to go to the Passport Office at Sai Arcade, opposite to Intel.
need to be there by 9:45am on Saturday.
I would be travelling from Sahakarnagar (North Bangalore), i plan to leave by 7:45am and use OOR.
As i do not travel this side too often with all the Flyovers built how do i get to the Passport Office parking lot.

On another note Whitefield /ITPL road is going to be hell in the coming days with start of the Metro work. Felt it today.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 14th July 2017 at 15:32.
Old 14th July 2017, 17:32   #14314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Need advice, i need to go to the Passport Office at Sai Arcade, opposite to Intel.
Thank god you are doing this on a weekend. Follow google maps, as you reach the ecospace flyover (not sure of the name), get onto the service road. From the service road its a right turn (at the signal) onto the opposite side to reach the paid parking lot. But I found out this morning, that its a one way. Hence you should get onto to opposite side service road towards Marathalli, go a few meters and you will see a left turn with a blue board 'Passport Parking'. Go along on that left, you will be in front of Sakra hospital, then take the immediate left. Thats the one way that connects back to the ORR signal. On the right side of this road you will find a board for the parking lot. Take the right and you enter the lot.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 18:44   #14315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Cant blame you for being Cynical. The best cement road in Bangalore I have seen for a long time is the Vittal Mallya road. This was built by UB at their cost. It has stood the test of time for quite a while. How much will the govt funded concrete roads last is anyone's guess.

Even KR Market road is holding fine and is done by BBMP (SJP road). The naming of Vitall Mallya road was dependent on UB maintaining it. The specification and design of the new road was done by BBMP and remember reading long time ago that they even charged UB for that
Old 15th July 2017, 07:28   #14316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I would be travelling from Sahakarnagar (North Bangalore), i plan to leave by 7:45am and use OOR.
As i do not travel this side too often with all the Flyovers built how do i get to the Passport Office parking lot.

On another note Whitefield /ITPL road is going to be hell in the coming days with start of the Metro work. Felt it today.
After crossing Marathahalli, keep going until you come to the Kadubeesanahalli underpass. Once you cross this you would see the New horizon college on the left and the new Wells Fargo building in white. Keep left and just before the next fly over take the service lane. Under the flyover there are two u turns. If you take the first one it takes you to the ORR, skip that, go till the middle of the flyover and take the second u turn and make sure you turn into the the service road. The road that leads to the parking lot from that intersection on the service road is one way iirc . So you have to compete the u turn and go a little ahead on the service road and take the first left towards Sakra World hospital. Once you cross Sakra, take the first left and the parking lot will be on your right. The one thing I am not sure is if that one way is applicable all the time or for a specific duration.
sbkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 13:10   #14317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk;
Thank god you are doing this on a weekend.
Thank You Sansvk, perfect directions. Lovely drive in the morning no traffic, made it to the parking lot by 8:45am. No surprise the Oneway sign is invisible to certain people.

Thanks @SBKUMAR,from the quick look at the sign it looks like a 24hr one way but not sure.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 15th July 2017 at 13:14.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 14:10   #14318
BHPian

The new Wells Fargo building is almost ready and I guess it would be fully operational from next month onward. I guess the kadubeesanhalli overpass and U turn will be choked in the coming days because of this. The Bagmane location in Mahadevapura is being vacated and employees are going to move to this new building. Not sure on the impact of traffic.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 22:47   #14319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
The new Wells Fargo building is almost ready and I guess it would be fully operational from next month onward.
Wells Fargo is one of the buildings in the Embassy Tech Village (ETV). I see ETV is constructing couple of other buildings. Metro work should also start shortly. My brother who works in Ecospace told me that at times people spend 30 to 45 minutes just to come out of the parking to the road. Looking at these developments, walking may be the fastest mode of transport in this area
Old 15th July 2017, 23:15   #14320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Wells Fargo is one of the buildings in the Embassy Tech Village (ETV). I see ETV is constructing couple of other buildings. Metro work should also start shortly. My brother who works in Ecospace told me that at times people spend 30 to 45 minutes just to come out of the parking to the road. Looking at these developments, walking may be the fastest mode of transport in this area
Exactly! I have stopped coming by car and started using the local passenger trains from Hosur . Hope Metro works completes soon !
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 15:51   #14321
BHPian

Rest House Crescent road in Bangalore , Off Church Street have been in dire straits for sometime now. Can't beat the view from Office.

There are people in 2 wheeler who try to drive through , what's left of the road..
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20170712_1348067321248x1664.jpg  

TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:30   #14322
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across another news article which as usual doesn't have any relation with ground reality.

While the news about widening of Iblur junction - Carmelaram railway overbridge section of Sarjapur road was in news since couple of years, this article mentions about having a 6 lane road with service road and cycle track. And it claims that land is getting acquired for the same.

I do not think the road width part is going to be true, since for that there will be considerable demolition required of road side establishments. However, hope that there is a slightly wider road than the current one with proper walkway for pedestrians. Even with current road width, if illegal parking is stopped traffic would have been much smoother.

Quote:
Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, Prahallad BS, Chief Engineer, Major Roads, said, “The TDR has been sanctioned. The work will start from August 1 and will be completed by March 2018. The 84-crore project will result in six lanes including the service roads on either side of the 4.37 km stretch. Currently, the road width is about 80 feet and that will be expandzdedicated bicycle track on both the sides to promote bicycling in the city. Currently, we are acquiring the land. The people are cooperating with the project and the work will be completed soon,” he said.

Link

Last edited by mpksuhas : 18th July 2017 at 11:35.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 08:50   #14323
BHPian

Is there any parking at Lifestyle, Brigade road? I need to go to Richmond road near Koshy's Bakery by 11-00 AM but no idea where to park safely.
Old 19th July 2017, 08:54   #14324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
While the news about widening of Iblur junction - Carmelaram railway overbridge section of Sarjapur road was in news since couple of years, this article mentions about having a 6 lane road with service road and cycle track. And it claims that land is getting acquired for the same.
The bigger problems for this section are yet to come, once that office space next to that flyover comes to full occupation. It looks like another Ecospace in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any parking at Lifestyle, Brigade road? I need to go to Richmond road near Koshy's Bakery by 11-00 AM but no idea where to park safely.
Park some where else, take a Metro if possible? Thats what I have been doing in case I need to go to MG Road area. Works far better.

Last edited by ampere : 19th July 2017 at 08:55.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 09:22   #14325
BHPian

What's up with the Tin factory area - there is no traffic at all around 08:30 AM for the past few days. Is there some other bottleneck that is slowing down traffic before tin factory?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks