Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2017, 18:25   #14371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

This is not really a rant; more an anti-rant!

I normally stop without blocking side roads so that people can continue to turn in & out while the traffic on the main road is waiting for a light or for the jam to clear. Normally, I get incessant honking from the folks in the back and a look seeming to say "See this idiot!" from the guys coming from the side & blocking the passage I created.

This week, I hand a nice experience and I thought I will share it here.

Before the Sony Wold Junction in Koramangala, there is a side road that leads to the Chinmaya school. As usual, I stopped without blocking the turn. Very surprisingly, the lady on the left lane also stopped parallel to me thereby ensuring that the turning is kept free. As I was feeling quite happy about this, a biker coming from Sony World turned right into the lane and as he was turning, gave me the "perfect" sign as he turned.

Made my day to be acknowledged!

Have dashcam footage. How do I upload?
sridhu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 18:42   #14372
Distinguished - BHPian

About today: Went to office on my dio and reached in 31mins in the morning and 55mins in the evening including a temporary road block caused due to some VIP convoy. But these days due to metro my route is more or less good except for some frills caused due to Metro construction till KR Pura.

About stopping clear of a cross: Most of the gridlocks are caused due to morons who lack this basic sense. However these days if I stop ahead of a cross when there is a jam ahead, people do try to make sense out of it. There are some dumb people who have only ego I'm their brains. But their numbers are reducing. If they get to experience either sides of a gridlock, they will realise that their ego wont work in getting out of one and need something else.

My request to all is, continue to spread some awareness on traffic etiquette. At least one or two people who are willing to learn will learn. Let the rest get yelled at/get stuck and so on.
Old 4th August 2017, 19:00   #14373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
anti-rant!
Good job! Deeds like these are an oasis in the desert of stupidity. May your tribe grow

Quote:
Upload it to Youtube and post the Youtube link here
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 14:32   #14374
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeshwantpur - Nagasandra stretch of flyover has been blocked as they are topping up the tarmac. If you are headed towards Nelamangala from city, please avoid as it's a royal mess below the flyover.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 15:10   #14375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Good job! Deeds like these are an oasis in the desert of stupidity. May your tribe grow

Upload it to Youtube and post the Youtube link here
Here it is. This happens around 00:15 second mark. You can stop after that - it is more boring than watching paint dry! Did not figure out how to edit the .MOV
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 15:26   #14376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here it is.
Here, seeing is believing:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-sonyworld.jpg

Also notice the blue bike that crosses over to the other side of the main road. No helmet, kid sitting on the fuel tank. At 00:10, there's a Scud missile on 2 wheels on the other side of the divider, riding against the traffic and missing a rick.
Old 5th August 2017, 15:40   #14377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here it is. https://Youtu.be/MDlvSe589tc This happens around 00:15 second mark. You can stop after that - it is more boring than watching paint dry! Did not figure out how to edit the .MOV
Brilliant! This way of driving is quite common in the developed countries, unfortunately we don't seem to think that sensibly! Kudos!
Old 6th August 2017, 07:51   #14378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Here, seeing is believing:

Also notice the blue bike that crosses over to the other side of the main road. No helmet, kid sitting on the fuel tank. At 00:10, there's a Scud missile on 2 wheels on the other side of the divider, riding against the traffic and missing a rick.
You took the words out of my mouth. Apart from that person you have mentioned there was another with a kid on the scooter, silly turns etc. I suppose this video would be relevant in the "bad driver/rider" thread
Old 6th August 2017, 17:27   #14379
Senior - BHPian

People coming to visit lalbagh today for the flower show please bear in mind,

1. Lot of traffic around al the entrance gates. Cabs/ autos parked haphazardly, jaywalkers and the mess created by other vehicles on road.

2. Out of state registration vehicles are being targetted. I saw lot of tn, mh and other vehicles stopped on kh road and in front of al ameen college. Basically lot of police presence in and around lalbagh. Be careful. Make sure to carry all the papers.

3. If in case stilltravelling please make note that parking for 4 wheelers are in jc road bbmp parking and in shantinagar ttmc. 2 wheelers are allowed parking at al ameen college grounds.
Old 6th August 2017, 19:22   #14380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
People coming to visit lalbagh today for the flower show please bear in mind,

3. If in case stilltravelling please make note that parking for 4 wheelers are in jc road bbmp parking and in shantinagar ttmc. 2 wheelers are allowed parking at al ameen college grounds.
Rather my suggestion is to park vehicles near a metro station and take the metro to Lalbagh. Please suggest this to everyone. That will reduce congestion and also reduce effort of parking and getting stuck in gridlocks.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 11:57   #14381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Yeshwantpur - Nagasandra stretch of flyover has been blocked as they are topping up the tarmac. If you are headed towards Nelamangala from city, please avoid as it's a royal mess below the flyover.
Wish I had read this earlier. Went on a ride yesterday evening towards the Hassan highway and got stuck in the evening peak hour traffic under the flyover. Thankfully, I wasn't in a car as it would have been much worse.

Since the access to the expressway is available only from Nagasandra toll booth, should they not charge lesser toll in this case?
Old 7th August 2017, 12:15   #14382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Since the access to the expressway is available only from Nagasandra toll booth, should they not charge lesser toll in this case?
My understanding is that the toll you pay at Nagasandra end is for the stretch between Nagasandra - Tumkur road toll and not for the elevated expressway.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 12:19   #14383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I saw blocks placed last Sunday night itself when I drove to watch a movie at Vaishnavi Sapphire. Hence I was expecting chaos from Monday itself when I would return back home from work and indeed it was.

To add to this, cops had blocked merging onto Tumkur Road from ORR via the short-cut through Modern Bread Factory road and instead everyone was hitting Tumkur road a road just before SRS Junction.

For people like me and many others, it was too difficult to join Tumkur Road from Service road, hop right soon after this to take U-Turn below the fly-over.

As I look at the maps now, it hints me that they still haven't opened it. So I will have to suffer the way I did whole of last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Wish I had read this earlier. Went on a ride yesterday evening towards the Hassan highway and got stuck in the evening peak hour traffic under the flyover. Thankfully, I wasn't in a car as it would have been much worse.
Traffic till the first junction was still bearable as many would take U-Turn for HMT from here (SRS Junction) but I could notice how bad things were beyond this all the way to Jalahalli.

Quote:
I too had this question but then they are charging just 20 for cars from the start of the elevated section all the way till Nelamangala. I guess this is the cheapest toll for a wonderfully faster expresssway :-). So it is not just for the bridge but the end to end section you pay for and the rest of the expressway till Nelamangala has been re-asphalted over the past few months anyway.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:06   #14384
Distinguished - BHPian

http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.co...w/59945569.cms

God help Bellary Road users!
Old 7th August 2017, 13:11   #14385
BHPian

Quote:
This is not really a rant; more an anti-rant!

a biker coming from Sony World turned right into the lane and as he was turning, gave me the "perfect" sign as he turned.

Made my day to be acknowledged!

Sir,

Hats off. May your tribe increase. We need considerate drivers like you

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks