Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 07:21   #14896
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Traffic alert due to an accident at ORR . While coming from Silk board towards Marathahalli at the underpass beginning before PTP, Fujitsu buildings ,a Force Tempo Traveller has met with an accident and occupying left lane, Onlookers creating a jam.

Sanjeev
Old 14th November 2017, 09:58   #14897
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Huge traffic jam on the ORR from Thanisandra to Kalayan Nagar(approx 5km) due to the multiple diversions from ORR to service road for White topping. Last evening I spent 1 hour to cross 2kms.
Worst part is the service roads and the entrance to them was not even repaired before starting this work
nagarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:16   #14898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Huge traffic jam on the ORR from Thanisandra to Kalayan Nagar(approx 5km) due to the multiple diversions from ORR to service road for White topping.
Now I got the reason why Marathahalli - Bellandur section of the ORR was relatively free this morning
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 10:35   #14899
BHPian

"White top Bhagya" in progress near Hennur / Kalyan nagar. For those commuting from Hebbal towards K R Puram, the next few days (weeks) will be harrowing. Took 1 hour 30 minutes for me on two wheeler today for 13 kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20171114_093127571_hdr.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20171114_093613940_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by AltoLXI : 14th November 2017 at 10:48.
AltoLXI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 11:03   #14900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Huge traffic jam on the ORR from Thanisandra to Kalayan Nagar(approx 5km)
I saw it live from the other side while going for some work from Ramamurthy Nagar - Kalyan Nagar. The Rammamurthy Nagar railway bridge was empty That set the bell ringing in mind - for starters it's not empty even at 10pm on Sunday evening. As a consequence while going back to office to Whitefield, I took the inner roads in Kalyan Nagar to end up at Horamavu underpass on ORR and than it was a zip via KR Puram and Phoenix (even with Metro construction). Just wondering how much traffic is being carried over by ORR every minute. Anyways white topping during broad day light when such heavy influx of traffic is expected can only be thought by BBMP contractors. It was mayhem on the other side.
Old 14th November 2017, 11:26   #14901
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Once got away, second time got fined This happened around a month back on the way to office and I was stupid enough to get caught.
Today's Indian Express, Bangalore carried this picture and caption - 27k cases filed already for the front (sticker) number plate - Link

Some scooters do not come with the provision for front number plates, so holes will have to be drilled, I don't think there is any other way out!
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 20:06   #14902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Anyways white topping during broad day light when such heavy influx of traffic is expected can only be thought by BBMP contractors. It was mayhem on the other side.
Just experienced it now while returning from Manyatha Tech park. Took me around one hour for about three kilometres on a bike! Had seen this from the other side while going to office in the morning and was wondering what has happened.

Stopped the bike and had a chat with a couple of traffic inspectors and they said the dreaded words. This could take about a month.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 23:13   #14903
BHPian

I normally love the ORR for my commute from Jakkur to Indiranagar but lately I've just been leaving earlier and going through the city to avoid this white topping business.
Old 15th November 2017, 06:52   #14904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
I normally love the ORR for my commute from Jakkur to Indiranagar but lately I've just been leaving earlier and going through the city to avoid this white topping business.
I'm lately seeing a massive traffic increase in the Jakkur / Thanisandra / Hennur / Bagalur belt. Must be due to a combination of effects of white topping on ORR and the Manyata entrance/exit fiasco.

While these smaller roads can cope for now, they will be overwhelmed in 4/5 years maximum!
Old 15th November 2017, 09:39   #14905
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday and today was a breeze crossing through Tin Factory though I left my house late by half an hour and still managed to reach office with the same time duration thanks to the stupid idea of white topping. My sympathies for those coming from Hebbal side.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 10:10   #14906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yesterday and today was a breeze crossing through Tin Factory though I left my house late by half an hour and still managed to reach office with the same time duration thanks to the stupid idea of white topping. My sympathies for those coming from Hebbal side.
Imagine the impact if we had a road parallel to the current ORR, where some of its traffic would have been diverted to that. PRR has been there so far only on the newspaper headlines and real estate brochures.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:50   #14907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
That set the bell ringing in mind - for starters it's not empty even at 10pm on Sunday evening. As a consequence while going back to office to Whitefield, I took the inner roads in Kalyan Nagar to end up at Horamavu underpass on ORR and than it was a zip via KR Puram and Phoenix (even with Metro construction). i
Could you share the route that you took?
Old 15th November 2017, 10:52   #14908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
"White top Bhagya" in progress near Hennur / Kalyan nagar. For those commuting from Hebbal towards K R Puram, the next few days (weeks) will be harrowing. Took 1 hour 30 minutes for me on two wheeler today for 13 kms.

Traffic standstill from Nagavara to Horamavu.
Please watch the youtube video.Traffic caused not due to rains or metro work but due to whitetopping
AshiqueS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 11:09   #14909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Please watch the Youtube video.Traffic caused not due to rains or metro work but due to whitetopping
I decided to take the Tannery road - Pottery road - MM Road - Campbell road - Byappanahalli road - Swami Vivekananda road route to reach my office today. Took me just 35 minutes compared to 1.5 hours yesterday on my two wheeler.

Though this route is 2 kms lesser than travelling by the ring road, I had never used it till now for the sole reason that I had to go through the Tannery road traffic. Alas I have no option now
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 11:14   #14910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Please watch the Youtube video.Traffic caused not due to rains or metro work but due to whitetopping
That is an unbelievable scene! When will they reach their destinations??
This is even lengthier that what I saw yesterday evening.
If anything the BBMP lacks, it is common sense. Bangalore's traffic is way over the limit of what the roads can handle as it is and the last thing it needs is any kind of disruption.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 15th November 2017 at 11:17. Reason: Edited the quoted message
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed