Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 14:03   #14941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Bengaluru 4th deadliest city for motorists
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/61669277.cms
That is a very soothing news. Being home to the largest two-wheelers in any city (probably in the world), Bangalore should have been 1st.
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 18:13   #14942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try this app called QuickRide. Its a car pooling app and their system is pretty robust and reliable. You can try to hail a ride in any of the cars doing a similar route. The cost is something like 2-3Rs. per km and that makes it really cheap. Have been offering rides from a few weeks now and its a very good setup.
+ 1 for quick ride

Please follow below twitter and facebook pages

https://twitter.com/Trafficfreemtp
https://www.facebook.com/Traffic-Fre...7990081611452/
Old 16th November 2017, 19:10   #14943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Highly unlikely that this will be completed in 15 days. I was checking with a traffic cop en route to work and he mentioned that at the bare minimum, it will take about a month - again this is what he 'heard' from a BBMP official so it is unofficially official news.
Noticed today both in the morning and evening that the traffic crawl was at least 50% lesser. Why?

Most people after the horror in the last two days have started taking alternative routes. I am sure the alternative routes are bursting at the seams!
Old 17th November 2017, 05:55   #14944
Senior - BHPian

There is some cable-laying work happening between Yemalur junction and ORR overpass on Old Airport Road / Varthur Road in the outbound carriageway. All manholes are opened and barricaded, with workers doing their stuff. It is possible that they finish their stuff before morning rush starts, but be aware and check the status before you start. Only one lane is usable in this stretch.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 07:03   #14945
Senior - BHPian

There is a water tanker which has broken down right in the middle of the one-street town; Varthur. This is as of 0620Hrs this morning. Hope it would get removed from the spot, before the morning peak hours.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 08:02   #14946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
There is a water tanker which has broken down right in the middle of the one-street town; Varthur. This is as of 0620Hrs this morning. Hope it would get removed from the spot, before the morning peak hours.
I guess its been taken care of. Didn't notice any around 6:45am nor was there any traffic pileup.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 10:14   #14947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Noticed today both in the morning and evening that the traffic crawl was at least 50% lesser. Why?

Most people after the horror in the last two days have started taking alternative routes. I am sure the alternative routes are bursting at the seams!
For two days I took the Tannery road and it is nauseating to travel by that road on two wheeler. So stopped that route and took Hennur road - Pottery road - MM Road - Swami Vivekananda. Slightly longer but better. Traffic seems to be moderate - no jams whatsoever.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 12:14   #14948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
For two days I took the Tannery road and it is nauseating to travel by that road on two wheeler. So stopped that route and took Hennur road - Pottery road - MM Road - Swami Vivekananda. Slightly longer but better. Traffic seems to be moderate - no jams whatsoever.
Can you please post the google maps link for this route?
Old 17th November 2017, 12:26   #14949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Traffic standstill from Nagavara to Horamavu.
Please watch the Youtube video.Traffic caused not due to rains or metro work but due to whitetopping
Horrendous! Could never imagine this kind of a jam on a road where I used to drive on top gear!

By the way, the entire stretch in the video is one that I am quite familiar with, as I'd stayed for nearly month at Jamayca Hotel, near Concorde International School, and used to commute to Manyata Tech Park. Thanks for stirring nostalgia!

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2017 at 13:39. Reason: Quote cropped
Old 17th November 2017, 12:57   #14950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Can you please post the google maps link for this route?
The map via Hennur Road:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hennur.jpg  

AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 18:29   #14951
BHPian

Alert - 80 feet road dug up opposite George thangaiah complex on the CMH signal direction. The opposite side on old madras road direction made two way for about 20 meters. Take alternative road if possible
Old 20th November 2017, 16:01   #14952
Distinguished - BHPian

Get ready

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20171120wa0004.jpg
Old 20th November 2017, 16:42   #14953
Senior - BHPian

So they are bringing down only the flyover ? The underpass stays I guess.

I did not know it was a six lane flyover It was 2+2 merging into 3 lane flyover!
Old 20th November 2017, 17:44   #14954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
God save people who would have to pass through this junction daily. This will also worsen traffic in the bylanes of Jayanagar and Dairy circle. I initially thought that the area within Jayadeva hospital would be used to shift the metro line from the center of the road to the side until the flyover ended. Later it could come back to the center by the time the Udupi Garden signal was reached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
So they are bringing down only the flyover ? The underpass stays I guess.

I did not know it was a six lane flyover It was 2+2 merging into 3 lane flyover!
If the Underpass too was to go, then this junction would steal the show from Silk Board for traffic gridlocks. Now, at least two directions of traffic are sorted while the other two will be gone for good. So this mess should add another half hour of travel time for those commuting between HSR and Banashankari. Perhaps they should consider blocking right turns for people going either way between Silk Board and Ragi Gudda and remove the signal below the flyover. But if that happens, the Ragi Gudda intersection will go haywire and the mess just gets shifted. Thats the sad state of the traffic situation

Last edited by Aditya : 21st November 2017 at 06:45. Reason: As per PM
Old 20th November 2017, 20:56   #14955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try this app called QuickRide. Its a car pooling app and their system is pretty robust and reliable. You can try to hail a ride in any of the cars doing a similar route. The cost is something like 2-3Rs. per km and that makes it really cheap. Have been offering rides from a few weeks now and its a very good setup.
I'm using the QuickRide car pooling app from January 2017. Half the expense of my monthly fuel bill is contributed by the point rewards from QuickRide. It is a wonderful app for carpooling and in a great way we can contribute towards the environment and reduce the congestion on Bangalore roads.

My Eco-meter from the app is below. I'm happy that I could contribute towards the reduction of 1.4 Ton of CO2 in Bangalore atmosphere
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-psx_20171120_204650.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 20th November 2017 at 20:57.
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed