Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 15:01   #7441
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Just experienced a hit an run. Was climbing on the Marthahalli bridge from bellandur side to turn towards Airport road. The vehicle in front of me took a a sudden left turn and thats when i noticed a lady and kid on the right side of the road, had to slow down. Heard a bang from behind and notices a black pulsar. Now this guy without even caring to stop speeds away after making impact. Well, this kind of scratches happens often but when the person causing damage speeds away apologetically like fleeing a crime scene, you definitely feel violated.
The vehicle number that hit me is KA 03 HK 2869. Any way of tracking this? BTIS website does not list this.

This is the damage caused.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-back.jpg  

Old 8th January 2015, 16:59   #7442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
The vehicle number that hit me is KA 03 HK 2869. Any way of tracking this? BTIS website does not list this.
BTIS would not list this. Because their database only contains numbers of vehicles which have got involved in traffic incidents/violations. What you can try doing is to visit any of the Bangalore One centres (the bigger ones the better). For a small fee, they allow you to get the "public" details of any registered vehicle. Try giving the number and they should be able to give you a print out which has the registration details.

PS: If questions asked, you can certainly say that you plan to purchase this vehicle (second hand), but wanted to check on the bonafides of the seller .
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 17:06   #7443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
BTIS would not list this. Because their database only contains numbers of vehicles which have got involved in traffic incidents/violations.
Thanks for this. I used to wonder why the KL/AP online databases listed all vehicles while the KA one seemed to contain only a very limited subset of vehicles registered. This explains it.
Old 8th January 2015, 17:13   #7444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I used to wonder why the KL/AP online databases listed all vehicles while the KA one seemed to contain only a very limited subset of vehicles registered.
The BangaloreOne folks have a separate portal through which they have access to RTO database. And even at times that database does not seem to have the correct data. From what I could make out, each RTO is sending its data on a periodic basis to a central server (of the RTO or Bangalore one). After I purchased a new vehicle the bank wanted the "B Form" (from RTO) which has the hypothecation details. Twice I went to the Bangalore One office near me, but they said they cannot find the data. Finally I had to get it from the same RTO Office which issued the license. So Bangalore One's database also may NOT have the latest information.

Came back to say. KL's database is open, but don't they ask for some additional information regarding the vehicle (or the person in case of DL). This is because there was blatant misuse of the data (both regarding vehicle, and about people in case of Driving Licenses).

Last edited by sachinpk : 8th January 2015 at 17:14. Reason: Added question on KL database.
Old 8th January 2015, 17:25   #7445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post

Came back to say. KL's database is open, but don't they ask for some additional information regarding the vehicle (or the person in case of DL). This is because there was blatant misuse of the data (both regarding vehicle, and about people in case of Driving Licenses).
Thanks for the info Sachinpk. Will try the bangalore one center.

Regarding KL's - Yes, you just get the name if you enter the vehicle number. For additional details, the engine number needs to be entered.
Old 8th January 2015, 17:59   #7446
Distinguished - BHPian

I just don't get it, what's with Thursdays and this city? While traffic has been bearable of late today caught me by surprise. Criss-crossing 2 wheelers, Volvo's with their locomotive speeds that stop for no one and cabs/autos throttling your path every way possible.

I can understand Monday rushes due to beginning of the week but I've always wondered why Thursday? The traffic is high all through the day. Ok back to the rants :

- Autos parked in the middle of roads
- Buses that stop almost in the right lane to pick up passengers, blocking the entire traffic behind
- Crazy drivers in powerful cars/bikes carving corners (of other cars)
- People who don't drive with L sticker on to warn others. Yes their driving skills are on par or worse than learners. Having a DL is no guarantee that they can differentiate between clutch & accelerator pedals. Many roll down like Jack n Jill at signals with an incline.
- The hip jaywalkers with tablet phones looking neither direction when crossing.
- New trend. Overloaded TVS mopeds with steel bars/pipes or boxes that jiggle extreme lefts & rights when moving. Disaster waiting to happen.

Once again the city outdoes itself.
Old 8th January 2015, 20:18   #7447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I just don't get it, what's with Thursdays and this city? While traffic has been bearable of late today caught me by surprise. Criss-crossing 2 wheelers, Volvo's with their locomotive speeds that stop for no one and cabs/autos throttling your path every way possible.

I can understand Monday rushes due to beginning of the week but I've always wondered why Thursday? The traffic is high all through the day. Ok back to the rants
. I've often wondered about this as well! I can understand Mondays and fridays but traffic seems heaviest of Thursdays!
Old 8th January 2015, 22:20   #7448
BHPian

Look at this morron. He was trying to squeeze between my car and a Innvoa parked at the signal.

Why people cannot leave gap between two cars.

And some hero at the rear, happily standing with high beam ON.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20150108_21_16_12_raw.jpg
Old 8th January 2015, 22:25   #7449
BHPian

Noticed this today. Ever since BTP has banned heavy vehicles on ORR at peak hours, these truck drivers are trying to find a way through the smaller interior roads. I saw many Tipper trucks and bigger trucks on Bellandur lake road, Kempepura road and near yemalur along the HAL airport boundary. Now we have to put up with this nonsense
Old 9th January 2015, 08:03   #7450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
I saw many Tipper trucks and bigger trucks on Bellandur lake road, Kempepura road and near yemalur along the HAL airport boundary
I don't think the ban is the (sole) reason. Traffic has been high here for a while now, and I attribute it to the heavy construction activity in that area (at least 10-12 major apartment complexes being built in the Bellandur-Yemalur-Kempapura-Challaghata zone).
Old 9th January 2015, 09:29   #7451
BHPian

Started from HSR Layout at 8:15 AM. Reached SAP Labs, EPIP area at 9:00 AM.
Please God, let everyday be like this.

And the Whitefield traffic measures are really working I should say.
Old 9th January 2015, 10:01   #7452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Started from HSR Layout at 8:15 AM. Reached SAP Labs, EPIP area at 9:00 AM.

I guess God in the form of BBMP will change this for ever with the start of Metro construction from jan 17th onwards as per reports. Note very sure about the dates though.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:31   #7453
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

As a fellow Whitefielder, I hope and wish that:
1.BTP does not implement another "innovative" Phase 2 whitefield traffic plan
2.Metro construction work does not begin on the Whitefield stretch

And if these 2 things come into effect simultaneously, it will bring utter chaos to the area for a very long time

Last edited by NPV : 9th January 2015 at 22:32.
Old 10th January 2015, 12:46   #7454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
As a fellow Whitefielder, I hope and wish that:
Metro construction work does not begin on the Whitefield stretch
If the earlier Whitefielder's had wished there is no ITPL in Whitefield, we would not have had to travel to Whitefield for our bread and butter.
I would really like the Metro work to be taken up so that our next generation can avoid this problem.
Old 10th January 2015, 14:38   #7455
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
If the earlier Whitefielder's had wished there is no ITPL in Whitefield, we would not have had to travel to Whitefield for our bread and butter.
I would really like the Metro work to be taken up so that our next generation can avoid this problem.
I'm totally for the development of metro and other infrastructure, don't get me wrong. I should have been clearer - metro work should not begin without road widening - the K R Puram - Mahadevapura - Hoodi - Hope Farm stretch is in dire need of road widening more so if Metro work were to start.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks