Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 14:36   #12301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I think the rain has been severe for last few days during night time. It has saturated the land and lakes brimming. If bellandur lake overflows, it would cause massive damage to areas around (should happen once to show illegal constructions) :(
Old 29th July 2016, 14:57   #12302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nempuguru View Post
Silkboard - BTM main road still waterlogged as per latest inputs. Morning people were collecting fishes on main road, courtesy: Madivala lake overflow.

What an entertaining week! (No smileys in widget which matches our frustration).
Planning to leave Whitefield now to BG Road Gottigere, any idea what is the situation in Silkboard?

Just saw on google map that Nice Road is red from Hosur Road entrance till mid way to BG Road, whereas Silkboard is showing blue/free.

Unable to take a decision, oh this is so frustrating

Regards
Old 29th July 2016, 15:43   #12303
BHPian

Guys, what is the condition of Hosa Road (From Sarjapura Road till Hosur Road) after these few days of rains?
Old 29th July 2016, 16:28   #12304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, what is the condition of Hosa Road (From Sarjapura Road till Hosur Road) after these few days of rains?
Road surface is good. There are no craters as far as I remember. IIRC, there's a small rough patch a few hundred metres before the road widens into a divided one. Expect some traffic hold-up at the turn-off from Sarjapura Road to Hosa Road/Central Jail Road, at normal hours.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 17:03   #12305
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

In the wake of bandh tomorrow, not sure, but just wondering whether the petrol pumps would remain open or not. So fill up the fuel if you have plans to do any long drive or at the red line.
Old 29th July 2016, 17:16   #12306
Senior - BHPian

Advice needed.

Brother is planning to go from Electronic City (Wipro Gate) to Kunadanahalli Junction.

He will be taking the 365CW (BETL Flyover) bus to Silk Board and change over to 500C.

He will be leaving at 8 pm. Can someone travelling around that time please quote me and update the status. I can convey it to him to be prepared if things are too bad.

I asked him to travel tomorrow, but there is a Strike, so buses won't be available probably.
Old 29th July 2016, 18:06   #12307
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. looks like not a very good time to land back at Bangalore. Landing in from Hyderabad at around 2235Hrs today. And I would have to travel nearly 60kms to reach my home. Heavy rains blocking the road and a Bandh starting the next day - not the best of times. This whole week seems to be a disaster when it comes to Bangalore :(.
Old 29th July 2016, 18:46   #12308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
This whole week seems to be a disaster when it comes to Bangalore :(.
And Gurgaon seems to have stolen much of Bangalore's thunder today. ;-)
Old 29th July 2016, 18:53   #12309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Advice needed.

Brother is planning to go from Electronic City (Wipro Gate) to Kunadanahalli Junction.

He will be taking the 365CW (BETL Flyover) bus to Silk Board and change over to 500C.

He will be leaving at 8 pm. Can someone travelling around that time please quote me and update the status. I can convey it to him to be prepared if things are too bad.

I asked him to travel tomorrow, but there is a Strike, so buses won't be available probably.
He can, if he does not mind reaching very late.

Present situation on BETL is bloody red:-

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-silkboard-traffic.jpg

And just go to know from my friend that the Infosys company buses supposed to start at 5:30pm from e-city campus have only started now (06:30pm).

If it was by car, the Jail road (which connects directly to Sarjapur road) is looking better and a good option.

From Silk board to Kundanahalli does not look that bad though comparitively.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 29th July 2016 at 19:01.
Old 29th July 2016, 20:22   #12310
BHPian

I am driving to Mysore trip tomorrow by car, had already booked accommodation (non refundable ) for 2 nights.

Now that we have received news about the karnataka bandh, would it be advisable to drive to Mysore tomorrow morning, plan was to leave at 4 AM.

Will it be complete shutdown in Mysore? I don't mind the shutdown though, will take the hit and plan accordingly, but concern largely remains on the travel part.

Please advise.
Old 29th July 2016, 20:32   #12311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I am driving to Mysore trip tomorrow by car, had already booked accommodation (non refundable ) for 2 nights.

Now that we have received news about the karnataka bandh, would it be advisable to drive to Mysore tomorrow morning, plan was to leave at 4 AM.

Will it be complete shutdown in Mysore? I don't mind the shutdown though, will take the hit and plan accordingly, but concern largely remains on the travel part.

Please advise.
Travel will not be a problem if you start @4am...

If you manage to cross Mandya around 6am, there may not be any hassle. But it maybe a shutdown though at Mysore.

Have a safe trip...
Old 29th July 2016, 22:35   #12312
Senior - BHPian

Story at BTM

It rained very heavily the whole of this week. Yesterday's rain was tipping point. Madivala lake couldn't take more. The lake spilled over to Kodichikkanahalli, Bilekahalli and Hosur Road. By noon, water from surrounding areas had trickled in and the lake flowed into BTM ring road. This affected the movement of traffic and it piled up till Bellandur by evening.

Hosur Road
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-7af64900677246f481c76b09c1542b11.jpg

Kodichikkanahalli
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3ce0d1529780402c8a0ddf29445cc9b6.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-73d1fa9cc2c74e51965eaaeeeaf40446.jpg

People fishing near BTM last bus top, when lake filled over.
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 01:27   #12313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Seems there is some positive update on the same. Shoba apartment resident's have agreed to pull down the wall after BBMP commissioner came today to do the same.

They have got time till Monday for getting fencing done. Hope there is no further drama and the road is opened up. This would ease traffic from Haralur road to ORR.

Link
mpksuhas is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 08:34   #12314
BHPian

Any update regarding the traffic movement ?
Is there any effect of the bandh?
Old 30th July 2016, 10:02   #12315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Seems there is some positive update on the same. Shoba apartment resident's have agreed to pull down the wall after BBMP commissioner came today to do the same.

They have got time till Monday for getting fencing done. Hope there is no further drama and the road is opened up. This would ease traffic from Haralur road to ORR.

Link
I feel sometimes that all development of land should be done only by the govt. It will help plan for roads, public spaces etc. If you look at older areas one can see roads that are better than the areas where private development is allowed. Village roads remain as they were and no new roads are planned in these areas.

The developed land could be of different size and could be handed over to anyone later.

Regarding the bandhs in Bengaluru, its good that they always happen on Saturdays when most companies wouldn't mind and also stops at 6 pm to allow weekend night life to go on as usual
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks