Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 21:36   #12436
BHPian

Now PILs to get metro stretches opened. I have been waiting for the Majestic-Mantri square to be opened as an alternative to my car commute from Indiranagar to Malleshwaram. http://m.timesofindia.com/city/benga...w/53452117.cms
Old 16th August 2016, 22:24   #12437
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Yesterday night while returning from Wayanad, I was stuck in a bad traffic jam at Bidadi.
You dared to drive on Mysore road towards Bangalore on a long weekend evening?

Me too was getting back to B'lore, but took a halt at a relatives house in Mysore last night and re-started in the early morning today.

What time did you start from Mysore, and reached NICE road junction?
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 09:30   #12438
BHPian

The stretch of 80 feet road right next to George Thangaiaih complex (Indiranagar 1st stage) has a drainage issue and is often waterlogged even when there has been no rainfall. Given that this road sees heavy traffic (links Indiranagar, Koramangala etc to Old Madras road) the surface condition of the stretch goes for a toss when there is standing water with traffic piling up as a result. I think they resort to some temporary fix along with some slapdash patch work and providing temporary relief before the drainage pipe (or whatever it is) ruptures again and things are back to square one. This cat and mouse game has been happening for the past one year with traffic going to hell on this narrow but busy stretch.

Wrote about this on the BBMP FB page but dont think anybody would take note. Any other FB page, link or anybody I could tweet to about this?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20160817_06_56_49_pro.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20160817_06_57_59_pro.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20160817_07_00_20_pro.jpg
Old 17th August 2016, 10:13   #12439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
It became so bad that both opposite lanes were occupied resulting in slow moving traffic towards Mysore. This is plain ridiculous. Have some patience people. You can't jump into the opposite lanes mindlessly. Our people just don't understand
The only drive in my life ending when the long weekend ended. This was last year and see what people have done here?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-toll-booth.jpg

At the toll where the queue was more than a Kilometer long (Near Hassan) they didn't even spare the toll booth gates of the opposite lane. So bad that the vehicles heading out of the booth in the opposite direction were stuck right at the toll gates itself.

I can't write a book but that's the "single mistake of my life" to drive on a long weekend .
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 10:17   #12440
BHPian

This has been the case from long time. You can try to raising a ticket in bbmp.sahaaya.in or send a whatsapp message with these images. Please include ward number and area for sure.
Whatsapp number is 9480685700

I have tried sahaaya and it has worked few times, but majority of the times there is no response.
nagarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 10:18   #12441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The stretch of 80 feet road right next to George Thangaiaih complex (Indiranagar 1st stage) has a drainage issue and is often waterlogged even when there has been no rainfall.
This has been the situation from such a long time.
Yesterday when I was waiting in the opposite lane for the SV Road signal to clear and go towards OMR/NGEF (and the traffic had backed up all the way till this place), a guy in an SX4 drove through this water at such high speeds splashing water over the vehicles waiting! Just escaped getting splashed by a whisker.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 17th August 2016 at 10:20.
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 10:32   #12442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
The stretch of 80 feet road right next to George Thangaiaih complex (Indiranagar 1st stage) has a drainage issue and is often waterlogged
Try changemycity
send pics to whattapp numbers of Bangalore Mirror 9902028822
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 14:18   #12443
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

As received on WhatsApp:
Quote:
For those who can relate to this....
The two monsters of Bangalore....

Jaya, Vijaya the demigod gatekeepers of lord Vishnu were cursed to become demons. The salvation was to take 3 births as demons and be killed by lord Vishnu for an eternal salvation. So Jaya became Hiranyakashyapu, Ravana and Shishupala. Vijaya became Hiranyaksha, Kumbhakarna and Dantavakra. Not many people know about their 4th birth as demons - Jaya became SilkBoard and Vijaya became Marathalli. The Kalki avatara is actually planned to kill these two demons.
According to the Hindu religion Garuda Purana prescribes the punishment you will be awarded with for the sins you commit while you are alive. If you make others wait for long hours in this birth, then the first punishment, written in bold, italics is “vaahanavedanam”. As per this, in your next birth your house will be at JP Nagar and office at Whitefield. You have to cross Silkboard and Marathalli juntions everyday.
There used to be a time when distance was measured in kilometers. Then a famous scientist by name Dr. Silicon City said distance should be messured in units of time - How far is your office? It's 1.5 hours away. Then the scientist duo of Dr. Silkboard and Dr. Marthalli said distance should be measured in units of meals - How far is your office? It's two meals away. If I start after breakfst, I can reach by lunch.
Apparently Wright Brothers felt that they could not publicise to the world, the importance of flying as a medium of transport as much as they had thought of and then they died. Because of this incomplete desire they did not attain salvation. They reincarnated as SilkBoard and Marthhalli. Now they are very well letting people know the value of flying and not taking road transport.
Man proposes, God disposes is an age old saying. When a man plans something, God laughs and says - “dude – seriously?". Today this has changed. God is too busy with expansion and acquisition of worlds. So he has divisional heads. Now man plans - “Honey, I am leaving early today. Let's go out for dinner”. Marthhalli says - “dude – seriously?”. SilkBoard says - “ROFL - bring it on baby”.
NPV is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 16:13   #12444
BHPian

Stuck at Silkboard from 30 mins in a huge traffic jam. Barely managed to reach fern hill Apartment in last 30 mins. Don't know the reason, but avoid if possible.

Regards
Old 17th August 2016, 20:18   #12445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
What time did you start from Mysore, and reached NICE road junction?
I think I crossed the Columbia Asia signal at 8pm and reached home in Hoodi around 1am. This includes a 1hour break at Kamat for dinner and 15 minutes for tea. So that is 3hr45min. There were 2 big slowdowns, first at Channapatna and then a bigger one at Bidadi. I came through the city instead of NICE since it was late night. After the NICE road intersection it was clear all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The only drive in my life ending when the long weekend ended. This was last year and see what people have done here?

Attachment 1542853

At the toll where the queue was more than a Kilometer long (Near Hassan) they didn't even spare the toll booth gates of the opposite lane. So bad that the vehicles heading out of the booth in the opposite direction were stuck right at the toll gates itself.

I can't write a book but that's the "single mistake of my life" to drive on a long weekend .
This is plain bullying. This is exactly why stuff like FasTag will never work on Indian highways. People would in all probability enter these lanes and force toll attendants to operate these manually.
Old 18th August 2016, 09:40   #12446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Stuck at Silkboard from 30 mins in a huge traffic jam. Barely managed to reach fern hill Apartment in last 30 mins. Don't know the reason, but avoid if possible.

Regards
Took 45 mins to cross silk board, but could not see why traffic was held up badly. I was there at HSR around 4:20ish and could cross silk board around 5:10pm.
Old 18th August 2016, 10:06   #12447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post

Regards
I reached the HSR BDA complex flyover at 520 after a rather free flowing drive. However, traffic had backed up to the entrance of the flyover and my usual exit towards Sarjapur road was also choked surprisingly till the flyover which I had never experienced before. So I continued towards silk board, after getting down the flyover took left and left to reach back the BDA complex signal, and cleared the signal in one cycle After that it was pretty smooth till home.
Old 18th August 2016, 10:40   #12448
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Accident on BETL after lay bye, towards Hosur. Traffic piling up.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1471496985.690743.jpg

Edit: they've blocked the ramp to BETL

Last edited by IronH4WK : 18th August 2016 at 10:43.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 11:09   #12449
BHPian

Beware, Bulleters with altered silencers, Bangalore traffic cops have started to catch hold of the violators, moreover the fines now are increased from 300/- Rs. to 1000/- Rs.

Source: Bangalore Mirror

Quote:
The RTOs in the city will go for a drive to check two-wheelers, especially those with altered silencers. On Wednesday, officials impounded a few Bullet bikes near Manyata Tech Park for high decibel altered silencers. Joint commissioner of transport for Bengaluru Urban J Gnanendra Kumar said that a penalty has been imposed for first-time offenders and if they were found repeating the offence, registration certificates of the vehicles will be suspended.
Regards,
-Badri
Old 18th August 2016, 11:41   #12450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Accident on BETL after lay bye, towards Hosur. Traffic piling up.

Attachment 1543311

Edit: they've blocked the ramp to BETL
From BTP twitter feed..
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks