Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 19:24   #12541
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Noticed that the new bridge on the belandur side of the belandur- yamlur road is now open. Tarring and other finishing touches pending. Helps eliminate one major bottle neck on the stretch. Yamlur village is still a bottle neck, but should be smooth ride for folks headed towards egl, wind tunnel road and on to old airport road.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:08   #12542
BHPian

So will it be a violent or a silent bandh tomorrow. My wife has a very important meeting, so have to drop her to work. I have an option to work from home. What do you guys think?
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:11   #12543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So will it be a violent or a silent bandh tomorrow. My wife has a very important meeting, so have to drop her to work. I have an option to work from home. What do you guys think?
There is no official bundh called. Its a strike by unions and anyone who is a part of it just doesnt offer their service tomorrow. Hence I think you can move around in your mode of transport without issues. Of course there could be some protests and marches but that's more in the city centre.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:50   #12544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Any idea if there would be protests, road blocks etc during tomorrow's strike? I have to travel to Tumkur tomorrow and hoping there are no rasta roko agitation on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
There will not be any such issues. You guys may carry on. Our company normally declares a holiday even when they smell a remote chance of any untoward incident. But this time, they have not even bothered to warn the employees. So I guess it is not a big deal.
balenoed_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 21:57   #12545
Senior - BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I'm planning to travel to Horsley hills on sunday. Can someone tell me the best time(after around 630 AM) to leave from Arekere to experience minimum traffic at KR puram?

TIA
Old 1st September 2016, 22:28   #12546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Noticed that the new bridge on the belandur side of the belandur- yamlur road is now open. Tarring and other finishing touches pending. Helps eliminate one major bottle neck on the stretch. Yamlur village is still a bottle neck, but should be smooth ride for folks headed towards egl, wind tunnel road and on to old airport road.
Though it will be a few days yet before you can use it - the approach road to the bridge from Bellandur has been taken over by the celebration brigade.

They also seem to be planning to widen the road from Challaghatta to Yemalur (Yemalur to Bellandur has already been widened). The sides have been cleared all the way (or is being cleared). Hopefully something good is happening south of HAL.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 22:50   #12547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Can someone tell me the best time(after around 630 AM) to leave from Arekere to experience minimum traffic at KR puram?

TIA
Before 8AM you should not be facing much issue - traveling towards Hoskote.
Of course, one can never predict the regular hot-spots tin factory and Ganesha temple near KR puram, but by and large you should not be facing major snarls.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 23:22   #12548
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Can someone tell me the best time(after around 630 AM) to leave from Arekere to experience minimum traffic at KR puram?
Should be manageable on a Sunday morning. Which route are you taking from Arekere to KR Puram ?
After tin factory take the hanging bridge and proceed to KR Puram towards Hoskote. The traffic mess is usually near the railway station but you will avoid that by taking the hanging bridge.
I think you can take Arekere-BTM Layout-Silk Board-Koramangala-Indiranagar-Old Madras Road-Tin factory-Hanging bridge-KR Puram-Hoskote-Chintamani

OR
Silk board-ORR via Marathahalli-Old madras road and make a U turn at Pai Layout near tin factory and take the hanging bridge.

Last edited by NPV : 1st September 2016 at 23:25.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 23:35   #12549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think you can take Arekere-BTM Layout-Silk Board-Koramangala-Indiranagar-Old Madras Road-Tin factory-Hanging bridge-KR Puram-Hoskote-Chintamani

OR
Silk board-ORR via Marathahalli-Old madras road and make a U turn at Pai Layout near tin factory and take the hanging bridge.
I would suggest the 1st route - especially since it is early morning and a sunday. In addition to being a shorter route, ORR is quite unpredictable these days thanks to the various roadworks which are going on. I have seen many heavy vehicles, transporting stuff, primarily on sundays/holidays - maybe they are permitted only those days.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 23:43   #12550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
There will not be any such issues. You guys may carry on. Our company normally declares a holiday even when they smell a remote chance of any untoward incident. But this time, they have not even bothered to warn the employees. So I guess it is not a big deal.
Traffic may be affected in some areas as there will be some protest marches. While returning from office earlier in the evening, I saw some protesters near HAL Main Gate on Old Airport Road.

BTP posted the attached message on facebook:
Attached Images

Last edited by airbus : 1st September 2016 at 23:57. Reason: Grammatical correction.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 06:43   #12551
Distinguished - BHPian

Richmond Road / Double Road flyover to be closed for 40 days!

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/53969706.cms
Old 2nd September 2016, 08:16   #12552
BHPian

How is the traffic situation this morning? Silk board HSR, Sarjapur ORR?
Old 2nd September 2016, 08:48   #12553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
How is the traffic situation this morning? Silk board HSR, Sarjapur ORR?
Green as can be ;
Bandh days are the only days now we can see this.

Not even Sunday's are spared now.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.png  

tharian is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:10   #12554
Senior - BHPian

CITU protest. 100odd comrades marching from TC Palya to Graphite India. The march will conclude there.

Town Hall would be the main protest venue.

BMTC & buses mainly off-road. Shops, hotels etc seems to be open. Even fuel pumps seem to open.

Update: In eastern side good number of private vehicles on the road. May be techies are all going to office in their own vehicles.

Last edited by sachinpk : 2nd September 2016 at 09:12.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:43   #12555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Green as can be ;
Bandh days are the only days now we can see this.

Not even Sunday's are spared now.
Reached RMZ Ecospace from JP Nagar in around 40 mins- including stopping for fuel. Drove for a change, instead of crawling

Need to monitor the situation for the return journey in late afternoon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks