Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 08:02   #12481
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
Hello - after the short but heavy spell of rain yesterday, can anyone travelling on ORR , especially near Salem Bridge comment on the traffic situation in the morning (26th, August) ?
Similarly, the KR Puram down ramp towards the station also gets choked due to water logging - is that the situation today as well ?

Thanks for any information.
I can answer the first part. There is no water logging (both sides) at ORR Salem railway underpass and traffic flow is normal @ 7.20AM Today.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 08:29   #12482
Distinguished - BHPian

How stupid can these cab drivers get?

Today there was a small incident in front of Rainbow hospital ORR between a cab and a car where the car driver was a lady and the cab driver was blocking her since I presume it was the cars fault. As I drove closer, a traffic cop arrived at the scene(inspector grade not the constable) and he yelled at the cab driver and was clearing the air as well as the traffic. As I remarked the good job done, I saw another cabbie bending 180 degree from his window and looking at the scene without having an idea of the traffic ahead of him. Bang! he went straight into a Tata Sumo cab ahead of him and there another scene started

These people show heights of stupidity, and then drive as if they are the smartest.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 09:06   #12483
BHPian

Mods please move/remove the post if this is the wrong thread.

I do not frequent Madivala-Silk Board side of Bangalore much. I have to go from Domlur to Bommanahalli today evening for some urgent work. Last time (some months ago) when I tried to go from Koramangala to Silk Board via Madivala Masjid / Ayyapan Temple, I was not allowed to take left turn into Hosur Road. I had to make a U-turn and go via Madivala market instead which was a mess back then due to road relaying work.
My query to BHPians who frequent this route is - what is best way (as of today) to reach Bommanahalli from Domlur?
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2016, 09:37   #12484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Mods please move/remove the post if this is the wrong thread.

I do not frequent Madivala-Silk Board side of Bangalore much. I have to go from Domlur to Bommanahalli today evening for some urgent work. Last time (some months ago) when I tried to go from Koramangala to Silk Board via Madivala Masjid / Ayyapan Temple, I was not allowed to take left turn into Hosur Road. I had to make a U-turn and go via Madivala market instead which was a mess back then due to road relaying work.
My query to BHPians who frequent this route is - what is best way (as of today) to reach Bommanahalli from Domlur?
Thanks in advance.
Cars are allowed the left turn now. You can take that route.
DejavuTrip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 09:37   #12485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then, Hosur road was a one-way between Madiwala Police Station/Total Mall junction and St.John's Hospital signal. So, you could not turn left on top of the Madiwala underpass whose all lanes allowed traffic only towards St.John's hospital signal. From St.John's hospital signal, traffic towards Silkboard had to proceed along Sarjapura Road, turn right at Krupanidhi college junction onto Madiwala market road (or was there a road?) and finally turn left at the Police Station to Hosur road.
Quote:
Straight forward route is Domlur-IRR-Sony World signal - BDA Complex - Koramangala Water Tank signal - Madiwala Ayyappa temple - Silk Board - Bommanahalli.

Another option, sometimes works out faster, based on experience:
Domlur - IRR - Sony World signal (turn left) - proceed all the way to Sarjapura Road - turn Right at the signal (left takes you to Agara) - Take Madiwala Market road at Krupanidhi college junction - turn left at Madiwala Police Station onto Hosur Road - Silk Board - Bommanahalli

EDIT:
On route #2, when you're near Sony world signal, you can take a left before Oasis mall, proceed along a narrow road and merge on to 80 feet road. This will help avoid the long wait at Sony world signal. Many ricks, bikes, cabbies and private cars take this short-cut, so it'll be difficult to get lost and you will not miss the typical Bangalore traffic too

Last edited by silversteed : 26th August 2016 at 09:41.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 10:11   #12486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have to go from Domlur to Bommanahalli today evening for some urgent work ... what is best way (as of today) to reach Bommanahalli from Domlur?
Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Straight forward route is Domlur-IRR-Sony World signal - BDA Complex - Koramangala Water Tank signal - Madiwala Ayyappa temple - Silk Board - Bommanahalli.

Domlur - IRR - Sony World signal (turn left) - proceed all the way to Sarjapura Road - turn Right at the signal (left takes you to Agara) - Take Madiwala Market road at Krupanidhi college junction - turn left at Madiwala Police Station onto Hosur Road - Silk Board - Bommanahalli

EDIT:
On route #2, when you're near Sony world signal, you can take a left before Oasis mall, proceed along a narrow road and merge on to 80 feet road. This will help avoid the long wait at Sony world signal. Many ricks, bikes, cabbies and private cars take this short-cut, so it'll be difficult to get lost and you will not miss the typical Bangalore traffic too
I work in Bommanahalli - so am familiar with the area. Where exactly in Bommanahalli do you want to go to?

Agree with @Silversteed. Take the Intermediate Ring Road, bypass Sony World. The Sony World signal bypass will lead you to Maharaja signal; here you can either take left (and reach Wipro park/Jakkasandra - longer as 2 signals) or continue straight, take left at the end of the road to reach Krupanidhi College and merge into Madiwala Market road (might be quicker).

Once you are on Hosur road, please factor into your journey time the mess that Bommanahalli signal is. If you are trying to turn right, Begur Road is perpetually jammed till Reddy petrol bunk. However, if you want to access places like HGS, Ibis Hotel, AMR Tech Park etc which are on Hosur Road, you go on the service road on the "opposite" side, and this is usually smooth.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 15:39   #12487
BHPian

Guys, do go over the below attached press release from BTP on latest VVIP movement over the weekend. President would be visiting the town and there have been many traffic restriction and diversion being put in place
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-14066383_1113518828713823_8236212238679382086_o.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-14054099_1113518922047147_9189188857136987970_n.jpg  

vin_b is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 14:30   #12488
Senior - BHPian

Not a rant. But looks like there are lots of VIPs in the city today. Too many police men on the road.
Old 27th August 2016, 14:39   #12489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Not a rant. But looks like there are lots of VIPs in the city today. Too many police men on the road.
President of India is in town. OA Road (starting at airport exit) will be blocked for some time during the afternoon, I hear.
Old 27th August 2016, 15:06   #12490
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

So when His Royal Highness the Emperor and ArchBishop, God and Pope of India Mr P Mukherjee pops by, the rest of us poor slaves and tax payers have to put up with all this balderdash eh?
Same when their Royal Highnesses and Gods of Politics and Senior Bureaucrats turn up.
Bl**dy god damned Indian VIP culture.
About time this was summarily stopped.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 15:36   #12491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
So when His Royal Highness the Emperor and ArchBishop, God and Pope of India Mr P Mukherjee pops by, the rest of us poor slaves and tax payers have to put up with all this balderdash eh?
Same when their Royal Highnesses and Gods of Politics and Senior Bureaucrats turn up.
On the other hand, I pray that some VIP comes to electronics city via silkboard from BTM side, at-least then the potholes or the uneven horrible patches will be levelled, I have raised so many complaints on BBMP Sahaya, but still no luck, they filled the huge craters, it stayed for 15 days , and now again its back to crater land!
Old 27th August 2016, 16:35   #12492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
There were couple of "navigators" on the foot-board trying to wave/shoo/whistle/et all to make others stop or move away to make way for their bus. They were frantically trying to get me to stop.
Worse, I have seen the navigators get down and stand in front of my car to let the bus go first. :banghead:
Old 27th August 2016, 20:55   #12493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
President of India is in town. OA Road (starting at airport exit) will be blocked for some time during the afternoon, I hear.
Yes. He came in, in the late afternoon. But there were also more officers near Vidhan Soudha & High Court in the morning. May be some event related to the courts.
Old 28th August 2016, 01:53   #12494
BHPian

Quote:
ss back then due to road relaying work.
Thanks in advance.
As mentioned by others, Left turn is permitted now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Another alternate to your suggestion which I found better during the peak times is

Domulur - IRR - Sony World signal (turn left) - Proceed all the way to sarjapura road - Turn LEFT (towards agara), on the signal before the Agara lake, take a right, go straight down into HSR Layout, Take a right at Macdonald's , go straight till dead end, turn Left - Mangammapalaya road - Bommanahalli

Generally, during peak times, I found that using the internal roads in HSR layout is much better than proceeding in the main road (either the ORR towards silkboard Or from madivala to silkboard)

Even though the distance is slightly more - (google maps show it as about 300 meters more), most of the times it is moving traffic. The only bottleneck I generally face is the exit from Mangammapalya to bommanhalli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I guess, this won't stop any time soon! unless these v.VIPs use a helicopter for all these visits. We will have to curse/grin and bear it

Last edited by haria : 28th August 2016 at 02:03.
haria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 11:53   #12495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Guys, do go over the below attached press release from BTP on latest VVIP movement over the weekend. President would be visiting the town and there have been many traffic restriction and diversion being put in place
No wonder it took my bus nearly 40 minutes to Kodehalli from Marathahalli yesterday around 5 pm! I'd expected a smooth ride in that area on a Saturday!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks