Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 09:49   #4981
BHPian

Rant abt Bangalore traffic - Especially K R Puram intersection

My rant on Bangalore traffic Sigh !!

I drive every day from West Bangalore to Mahadevpura.

I drive through OMR and K R Puram.

The situation is deteriorating by the day. The roads are non-existent. This is like knowingly jumping into a misery everyday.

Wish there is a way we can get the head of state's attention

The car is being beaten up clutch , brake , struts

(Wish I had better quota for smiley's :-)

Cheers
Old 27th September 2013, 10:14   #4982
BHPian

Re: Rant abt Bangalore traffic - Especially K R Puram intersection

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Understand your pain. West Bangalore would mean that you would be living some where between Yeshwantpur-Chandra Layout. Road condition on the old airport road should be good. You could probably use that. There is a way to bypass marathalli major. Take left just before the HAL museum (towards Vibuthipura Mutt/ADA)After a distance you could take a right. The road would lead you towards ISRO on ORR. Roads are narrow, but traffic usually moves.
Old 27th September 2013, 16:33   #4983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
My rant on Bangalore traffic Sigh !!

The situation is deteriorating by the day. The roads are non-existent. This is like knowingly jumping into a misery everyday.
I hear you my friend. I live near the big bazaar OMR and travel to ORR for work. Its become so horrible that just to avoid that 2KM drive to reach the ORR I take the long way through Old airport road and marthalli.
Infact I have started getting a backache because of the horrible cratered roads. Been planning to start using the bike to travel to work on fridays but the thought of taking the Ninja on the craters and traffic (KR puram bridge till i get on the ORR only) gives me the shivers. .

Its the 80 - 20 rule all over again, 20% of the route (even lesser i guess) takes 80% of time, pain and frustration.

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th September 2013 at 16:38.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 16:53   #4984
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
On top of it, this speed breaker. First time I am seeing a speed breaker in front of a signal.
arun_josie, Even the speed breaker which has been newly laid near the Hulimavu T junction has come up only two days ago. I commute daily from Meenakshi Temple to Whitefield in my rickety office cab which nearly takes a cool 15-20 mins to cross Hulimavu Gate signal during peak hours.

But my misery does not end there, it extends till the time we take right into NS Palya road.

Hope BTP comes up with a magical plan to clear the traffic on the roads of Bangy

Cheers!!!!!!!
Old 27th September 2013, 17:17   #4985
Senior - BHPian

Getting down from Bellandur flyover towards Marathahalli is now faster due to the removal of the barriers. There is smooth flow now also because they have relaid the road. They really need to do something for pedestrian crossing all along ring road. Everywhere its risky for them and in the dark its really scary.

Last edited by srishiva : 27th September 2013 at 17:18.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:34   #4986
BHPian

What's up with ITPL road on evenings?
Gosh, it is jammed towards KR Puram beyond comprehension.

I see hoards of private buses, motorist and autos on wrong side of the road often.
Perhaps they think they are skipping the rush, only that one mistake can result in some unpleasant news.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:39   #4987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post

I see hoards of private buses, motorist and autos on wrong side of the road often.
Perhaps they think they are skipping the rush, only that one mistake can result in some unpleasant news.
ORR-OMR intersection along with that hanging bridge is really a bad design. The big buses and trucks from ORR want to go the city while commuters want to cross to ORR. Absolute chaos. The problem is reverse in the mornings with KR puram flyover totally jammed towards Whitefield.

Another reason I hear are very bad roads near ITPL.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:49   #4988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Another reason I hear are very bad roads near ITPL.
The double roads are a bit narrow near Prestige ShantiNiketan\Big Bazaar.
Old 27th September 2013, 20:30   #4989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has become worse in the past few days because the left lane is dug up from Hoodi junction to ABB signal. Now it is a single lane traffic and since that stretch is a climb and there are loaded trucks from the Goods terminal and FCI in Whitefield always moving on this road which leads to slow traffic and carries on towards KR Puram and gets worse.

The worst part being the dust raised from the dug up road and now the rains are gone and the heat is back. Worst time for a bike commuter.
Old 28th September 2013, 08:54   #4990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Understand your pain. West Bangalore would mean that you would be living some where between Yeshwantpur-Chandra Layout. Road condition on the old airport road should be good. You could probably use that. There is a way to bypass marathalli major. Take left just before the HAL museum (towards Vibuthipura Mutt/ADA)After a distance you could take a right. The road would lead you towards ISRO on ORR. Roads are narrow, but traffic usually moves.
I figure West Bangalore is more like Nagarbhavi and generally either sides of Magadi Road.

Also I think you have your roads confused. The left turn just before HAL Museum (when going towards Marathahalli) is Namjoshi Road towards Vibhutipura/Kaggadasapura/CV Raman Nagar and is a traffic nightmare (due to the railway crossing at Kaggadasapura, and narrow roads). I think you want the left turn AFTER the Yemalur signal while leads to Doddanekkundi and (after a right turn a bit earlier) to ISRO on ORR.
Old 28th September 2013, 09:13   #4991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
ORR-OMR intersection along with that hanging bridge is really a bad design.
Another potential bad design under construction - its Nayandahalli junction. Roads going straight are not aligned. Hence vehicles just pop up & surprise other drivers. Hope after the construction it looks better. Otherwise it is another death trap.
Old 28th September 2013, 09:14   #4992
BHPian

So do you guys think Metro is the golden pill which will solve the traffic woes of Bangalore?

Don't you think it is coming up at very very slow pace?
Old 28th September 2013, 10:21   #4993
BHPian

Quote:
So do you guys think Metro is the golden pill which will solve the traffic woes of Bangalore?

Don't you think it is coming up at very very slow pace?
"Very very slow" is still a fast word for Namma Metro. It moving at a slower pace than snail speed

When it completes (politicians only know when, not even God), it may probably help. But until then it's just adding to already chocked-up roads.
Old 28th September 2013, 10:32   #4994
BHPian

Well apart from the roads that have been fixed I find a complete lack in discipline from the cabbies blaring horns and creating chaos even when they see oncoming traffic coming. I don't understand their psychology but they are always in a hurry. We all are , but breaking traffic rules enmasse and completely leaving common sense out of the way doesn't help them or others.
Same is the case with bikers. On a road without a divider its common sense that if you are overtaking from the left it has a huge risk that the vehicle you are trying to pass might push you off the road if there is some oncoming traffic. I don't understand why all the two wheeler drivers ignore this and still push their luck. It would be really painful if they would have to learn the lesson the hard way (if they meet with an accident). I feel that in general if people adhere to common sense we will see many traffic woes go away. I wish I could tell each and everyone but I am just a silent observer.
Initially I used to get furious but later I realised I am the only fool and nobody else cares.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 11:18   #4995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
"Very very slow" is still a fast word for Namma Metro. It moving at a slower pace than snail speed

When it completes (politicians only know when, not even God), it may probably help. But until then it's just adding to already chocked-up roads.
Just to add some more road chaos, I am actually waiting for the day when metro work starts in the ITPL/EPIP area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks