Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 15:15   #4861
BHPian

Re: Bellandur - Ecospace - ORR - Civic authorities attempt to murder me !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
First Rant on Traffic Situation:
Yesterday's (Ganesh Puja) Statistics - Time Taken - 20mins.

When will the civic authorities learn ? When some soul like me falls into this pond and dies ?
Pathetic !! Horrendous !!
It took me 50 minutes to cross this stretch (iblur to ecospace), also observed 3 policemen (along the median, opposite to pratham motors) doing nothing to clear the traffic.

The pond is clearly a disaster waiting to happen, sometimes I think if it is worth paying so much taxes for nothing and to live in a country where the govt has absolute disregard for human values.

The patch of road opposite the prathama motors has been a case of clear neglect for the past 3 months. The risk is quite high during the night due to poor lighting of roads & high beam vehicles coming down the flyover on the other side. So many lives are lost in our country due to the negligence of the govt which is akin to deaths seen in war ravaged countries.

I wish our govt provides a foot over bridge for employees working in ecospace to cross the road, wishful thinking.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:36   #4862
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Something drastically wrong with Bangalore, seems some sinister has happened as far as roads are concerned and the CM has gone in record telling he has no plans to develop Bangalore and Bangalore would not grow like 2001 days. Everyday I feel awful driving on these roads and we in Bangalore pay maximum road tax, fuel tax and what not. I will not be surprised if we need one more election to fix these roads.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:41   #4863
BHPian

Quote:

Forget rain mate. It would be gone after 3 Volvos pass over them.
The need to immediately fix up the source of the water logging - Bad levelling of the road / Drainage choked.
Then they need to barricade the road and tar it well (level it well) for atleast 300mts, not just fill up the craters. Its equally dangerous going over those non-levelled tarred up potholes !!
You are in the wrong job my friend .. You should have been highway contractor, would have made huge money

Jokes apart..

Quality of the road is pathetic. Hardly any roads left in Bangalore. Forget "GOOD" roads. They should sell war tankers without gun. They are best suited for our road.

CM's visit to check and repair roads is a joke! Probably he wanted to check where his 1₹ rice is getting wasted.

We need to file FIR against road authorities on the basis of murder, vehicle damage, hazardous to health.

OT: Other day we were cracking joke between friends..
As politicians say, smaller states are easy to manage. Yes, they are right. They are unable to manage beyond Sadashivnagar, Vidhana Soudha. They should make these as separate states.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 15:51   #4864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
You are in the wrong job my friend .. You should have been highway contractor, would have made huge money
Haaahaaahaaa. That is one job I would love to do, unless some mafia shoots me !!

Quote:
They should sell war tankers without gun. They are best suited for our road.
Force Gurkha is one car that comes to my mind, when I think of upgrading my ride !!!

Quote:
CM's visit to check and repair roads is a joke! Probably he wanted to check where his 1₹ rice is getting wasted.
We need to file FIR against road authorities on the basis of murder, vehicle damage, hazardous to health.
+100.... to this !!

Quote:
As politicians say, smaller states are easy to manage. Yes, they are right. They are unable to manage beyond Sadashivnagar, Vidhana Soudha. They should make these as separate states.
This one is EPIC !! I guess they should divide Bangalore into Street Level management. Inefficient loser political class. Grrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I will not be surprised if we need one more election to fix these roads.
Definitely an Election is needed. But the sad part is when the Indian ruling party is being hammered for all the wrong deeds, its the Indian opposition party who is robbing Bangalore.
The party thinks, what is we could not rob India, lets eat up the money from Karnataka, specifically B'lore !!!
Old 10th September 2013, 16:09   #4865
BHPian

Took me 30 mins this morning to cover 200 m of a U-Turn opposite RMZ Infinity on Old Madras Road. The reason was a faulty traffic signal replaced by 2 traffic cops. These traffic cops have some strange psychology of letting the traffic move from one side for 10-15 mins at a go and hold the other side.

Wherever there are traffic cops, there is a jam. Why are Bangalore traffic cops not trained before being put on job?
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 17:32   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Indeed, there is a judgment by the Kerala High Court that bans these.
I do remember the verdict and the mockery the political parties created around it. On one side they claim that the state doesnt have enough land to give for highways and on other they encroach half of the road for their own sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Well, in our 'god fearing' country, no political party will oppose any issue remotely related to religious practices..
Went on an arterial road in Wilson Garden, bang opposite Nimhand convention centre. Its a key road that connects to behind adugodi mico factory. The road is closed end -to-end with a ganesha pandal. Only the footpath is left over. And best part is the pandal is empty. Finished a week in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Sorry for the rant, but truly these are my observations...
One more to add to your rants, the same public blocks the roads with boulders and "enbedded concrete" blocks to prevent "public" from using the roads. Eg in BTM layout almost all roads along side the lake.
Old 10th September 2013, 17:58   #4867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Took me 30 mins this morning to cover 200 m of a U-Turn opposite RMZ Infinity on Old Madras Road. The reason was a faulty traffic signal replaced by 2 traffic cops. These traffic cops have some strange psychology of letting the traffic move from one side for 10-15 mins at a go and hold the other side.

Wherever there are traffic cops, there is a jam. Why are Bangalore traffic cops not trained before being put on job?
The same is the case with Madras as well. The moment it takes a longer time to cross the signal which usually takes 5-10 minutes, we can safely assume that a manual override has happened :(
Old 11th September 2013, 10:12   #4868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the sad part is when the Indian ruling party is being hammered for all the wrong deeds, its the Indian opposition party who is robbing Bangalore.
The party thinks, what is we could not rob India, lets eat up the money from Karnataka, specifically B'lore !!!
Karnataka government is run by the same political party that has majority seats in the central governement. Of course, the state government is just about 3-4 months old. But people who run the government are by no means newcomers. They know exactly how the traffic situation in Bangalore is. They have been living in Bangalore for more than 20-30 years. They know the conditions of the roads. They know where the potholes are and where the suspension-breakers are. They even know how many speedbreakers are necessary and how many more are not. They even know how many crores were paid by the governement to build the roads, but how of much of it was actually used for making the roads.

Even if you familiarise with all the potholes on your regular route, you are still going to be surprised by some new potholes that did not exist the previous day.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I could leave home by 7.30 AM and take 45 minutes to travel 23 KMs to office. But now the same distance takes more than one hour. The traffic situation is the same. The additional 15 minutes are because of potholes. That's 25% extra time and diesel wasted by one person per day! Forget the time, which is my personal thing. Imagine how much environmental impact it has when every vehicle in the city burns 25% more fuel!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 10:21   #4869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
The traffic situation is the same. The additional 15 minutes are because of potholes. That's 25% extra time and diesel wasted by one person per day! Forget the time, which is my personal thing. Imagine how much environmental impact it has when every vehicle in the city burns 25% more fuel!
Apart from fuel wastage we are wasting our hard earned money to unusual/premature wear and tear of tyres and vehicles maintenance.
Hope some day sun will shine
Old 11th September 2013, 11:38   #4870
BHPian

While we are talking about the quality of Bangalore roads, I am observing the road construction being done on 27th Main, HSR layout. Around two kms are being relaid by heavy machinery. Tons of metal stones being used and the height is increased by a feet or more. The big stones in the bottom layer, then a layer of loose mortar mixed with medium stones and then a final layer of small stones mixed in tar. The top layer with bitumen is barely an inch, and is as akin to painting a wall. All laid out nice and clean like a runway. But wait for this 'paint' layer to fade, and this road will be back to stone age. Numerous water/drainage leakages at many places are buried nicely. And a large part of the work was done on rain soaked road.
Old 11th September 2013, 12:01   #4871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
While we are talking about the quality of Bangalore roads, I am observing the road construction being done on 27th Main, HSR layout. Around two kms are being relaid by heavy machinery. Tons of metal stones being used and the height is increased by a feet or more. The big stones in the bottom layer, then a layer of loose mortar mixed with medium stones and then a final layer of small stones mixed in tar. The top layer with bitumen is barely an inch, and is as akin to painting a wall. All laid out nice and clean like a runway. But wait for this 'paint' layer to fade, and this road will be back to stone age. Numerous water/drainage leakages at many places are buried nicely. And a large part of the work was done on rain soaked road.
This is a legendary road. They seem to have taken quite a bit of time in laying the different layers, especially the part from the petrol bunk to ORR. I doubt it will survive even for 2-3 months if the rains continue as they are. Quality of 19/20th main is so much better and it handles similar traffic.
Old 11th September 2013, 13:06   #4872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
While we are talking about the quality of Bangalore roads, I am observing the road construction being done on 27th Main, HSR layout. A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I doubt it will survive even for 2-3 months if the rains continue as they are. .
27th main has always been under construction. I remember going to HSR to see an apartment years back and some work was going on . Then came the flyover and 27th was again fug up. Once the flyover was done, the road was a little better. then it turned horrendous. I hope this repair is for good.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:13   #4873
BHPian

Noticed something very strange this morning. As always, there was a huge traffic jam at Hoodi-KR Puram railway gate during peak hours. There is a traffic cop posted here, who most of the times is enjoying his cup of tea with the railway gateman. However, this morning he was standing in middle of the road and clicking photos of the oncoming cars. He tried clicking a picture of my car as well by blocking the way which I do not think he could when I swiveled my car in anger.

Are the pictures clicked for imposing some fine? Is there a way for me to clarify if I get an unjustified fine?
Old 11th September 2013, 19:16   #4874
BHPian

Speaking of potholes, I went on a drive to Kolar via Old MAdreas Road on Sunday. Returned via the Whitefield diversion through Kadugodi. Few KMs before I reached Sai Baba ashram, I was in for a nasty surprise! I have never seen such big & bad potholes in any Bangalore road. Even the BMTC bus was groaning while crossing this stretch. This road has a divider, so there is no way you can escape the potholes by going to the other side. Is any any T-BHPian who has to travel through that road regularly? Its not an enviable task :( I used this road a couple of times in 2010 to go to BIA. It used to be completely traffic free, covered in greens and in a much better shape earlier.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 11th September 2013 at 19:18.
Old 11th September 2013, 20:09   #4875
BHPian

And to think of all the unaccounted annual ward development money running into crores which Mla's, Mp's, Corporators, councillors etc gobble down their inhuman bodies. Even if 25% of allocated funds are used there would be fresh tarmac on every major road. Alas!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks