Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 19:29   #5731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
ONE THOUSAND COSTS ONE CRORE!
Haaahaaahaa. Saw this silly post of BTP on FB, just a while ago.

My sympathies are with the pedestrian. Hitting a pedestrian with bike is absolute maniac behaviour of the biker.
I absolutely favour the spot justice, by charging the father (owner of bike) of the 19 yr old too. He is equally responsible for not teaching his son, basic etiquettes. If you want to see some of these 19yr (even less) 2 wheeler rowdies, come to BTM 1st Stage.

Nevertheless, I am boiling with BTP's pathetic biased attention to the accused by saying that he is from a low income group. LIG don't drive CBRs'. Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
This road used to be spotless and brilliantly smooth, until one fine day, BBMP decided to dig up both sides for pipeline work and it has never been the same again. Rocking of a boat is also a very mild explanation for this.
And please do not get me started about HAL. I am terrified of most of the employees. They ride their bikes as if there is no one else on the road, cross the road like they have to go to a loo that very second and look at others if they cross them as if they have committed blasphemy! 7am and 3pm are two time zones when I strictly avoid this road.
I used to take this road after dropping my wife and going to my workplace. That was in 2012-2013. Nothing has changed in 2014. Nothing will change in 2015 even. Wonder why some HAL employees are not yet run over ? Our civic authorities love the concept of "wake up when someone is killed".
Old 18th March 2014, 21:55   #5732
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-messedupitpl_road.jpg

I walked from ITPL (work) to home this evening and was left frustrated and anguished with the condition of the roads. It's been like this for over a year and is very very frustrating that nothing has been done yet.
Pics from this evenings walk back home. Precarious!

Thank you BBMP.

And if you would like to share this on FB - here is the original post.

Last edited by andyonwheels : 18th March 2014 at 21:58.
andyonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:37   #5733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Saw this silly post of BTP on FB, just a while ago.
I wouldn't call it silly. This is the consequence of not having insurance. Accidents happen and insurance is the mechanism to handle the loss. If somebody skip insurance, then they have pay from the loss from their pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyonwheels View Post
Attachment 1221296
I walked from ITPL (work) to home this evening and was left frustrated and anguished with the condition of the roads. It's been like this for over a year and is very very frustrating that nothing has been done yet.
Deccan Herald did a feature on footpath of Bangalore. They covered almost all aspects. No wonder more than 51% killed on Bangalore roads are pedestrians.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-footpath.png
Old 19th March 2014, 12:49   #5734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I wouldn't call it silly. This is the consequence of not having insurance. Accidents happen and insurance is the mechanism to handle the loss. If somebody skip insurance, then they have pay from the loss from their pocket.
Heck, even with Insurance, the kin of the deceased can still give the rider/driver quite a few sleepless nights by demanding monetary compensation. The way things move is not always according to the rule book.
Old 20th March 2014, 11:16   #5735
Senior - BHPian

In the previous page, I complained about a school van of Greenwood High coming on the wrong side of the exit to ORR at Kadubeesanahalli.

Today morning, a tipper was coming on the wrong side. I had to reverse my car even when I was in the right direction, because the lane is just wide enough for a tipper. It's got wall on one side and divider on another.

But when I was waiting the tipper to complete his illegal run, a biker tried to go between the tipper and the wall. The dirt/dust accumulated at the foot of the wall must be at least 2-3 inches thick. The biker almost lost control. I feared he would go under the rear wheels of the tipper.

I am glad that the biker managed to balance his bike long enough. Tipper guy probably saw this in his right side ORVM and mouthed some abuses to the biker, as if he was doing something completely right!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 11:43   #5736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
In the previous page, I complained about a school van of Greenwood High coming on the wrong side of the exit to ORR at Kadubeesanahalli.

Today morning, a tipper was coming on the wrong side. I had to reverse my car even when I was in the right direction, because the lane is just wide enough for a tipper. It's got wall on one side and divider on another.

But when I was waiting the tipper to complete his illegal run, a biker tried to go between the tipper and the wall. The dirt/dust accumulated at the foot of the wall must be at least 2-3 inches thick. The biker almost lost control. I feared he would go under the rear wheels of the tipper.

I am glad that the biker managed to balance his bike long enough. Tipper guy probably saw this in his right side ORVM and mouthed some abuses to the biker, as if he was doing something completely right!
I think the mentality seems to be bigger the vehicle, bigger the boss of the road and the smaller vehicles have to oblige whatever the bigger ones are doing.
Old 20th March 2014, 20:45   #5737
Senior - BHPian

I posted this video on Bangalore Traffic Police's page today. In this video, I could count around 68 people who rode/drove on the wrong side of the road in a span of 2 minutes. It is just absurd the way rules are flouted in Bangalore.

Hope the situation changes soon.

Old 22nd March 2014, 06:02   #5738
BHPian

On Friday evening, saw that Traffic police has kept brand new barricades just before the start of Hennur underpass and Kalyannagar flyover on outer ring road (towards KR puram side).
Hopefully this will help avoid truckers ramming in to the right side wall of the flyover/underpass at night.
Old 24th March 2014, 11:28   #5739
Senior - BHPian

Saw this in Times of India today! How many of us have experienced the same in Bangalore roads? Me, plenty of times !

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-times.jpg

The article link here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/32568120.cms
(Courtesy: The Times of India)
sandsun7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 11:52   #5740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Saw this in Times of India today! How many of us have experienced the same in Bangalore roads? Me, plenty of times !

Attachment 1223135

The article link here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/32568120.cms
(Courtesy: The Times of India)
Excellent article Mate. I have faced this situation quite a number of times and more often than not i have jumped signals out of urgency and to avoid fighting with morons.
Old 24th March 2014, 13:31   #5741
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, that reminds me of me encountering the signal for the first time at Kadubeesanahalli.

I started using ORR to go to office only recently, after the flyover on Sarjapur road near Decathlon opened.

On the first few days, the signal after the underpass was green, so I did not have to stop. Then one day, The light turned red as I approached. So I moved ahead slowly, following some big vehicles (Force Traveller and buses). I wanted to stop at the stop line. I knew the vehicles in front of me would not stop exactly at the stop line.

After a while, I looked up and realised that I had already crossed the signal! There was no line, and no zebra crossing!

A pedestrian crossing without zebra lines. What a joke!
Old 24th March 2014, 13:40   #5742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A pedestrian crossing without zebra lines. What a joke!
If the road has been asphalted recently, then may be the lines are yet to be redrawn. Same is the situation now at the pelican crossing near Mehkri circle bus stop on Bellary road. The road was asphalted around 3 weeks ago, but white markings have not been done yet.
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 13:52   #5743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the road has been asphalted recently, then may be the lines are yet to be redrawn. Same is the situation now at the pelican crossing near Mehkri circle bus stop on Bellary road. The road was asphalted around 3 weeks ago, but white markings have not been done yet.
But I hope the Pedestrian Walkway/Overbridge across the road near Shell Bunk is the reason for this? May be they will get rid of this Pelican signal for good I guess.

But I wonder if this will ease the situation along this stretch as the Bus Stop at the narrow section in front of Air Force command center still remain a big pain area.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 15:12   #5744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the road has been asphalted recently, then may be the lines are yet to be redrawn.
Nope, but the signal was installed recently. I think the authorities thought that installing the signal solves the problem for everybody
Old 24th March 2014, 15:29   #5745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But I hope the Pedestrian Walkway/Overbridge across the road near Shell Bunk is the reason for this? May be they will get rid of this Pelican signal for good I guess.

But I wonder if this will ease the situation along this stretch as the Bus Stop at the narrow section in front of Air Force command center still remain a big pain area.
Could be the reason. But then, isn't the sky-walk a bit far away from the bus stop towards Hebbal? I hope they move the bus stop (towards Hebbal) to somewhere opposite the Fiat showroom after cutting off the U turn to Sanjaynagar. Till something is done about that bus stop, that area will remain a bottleneck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks