Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:06   #5581
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Good news. Last night the flyover to KR Puram was being relaid. The opposite lane seems it will get a fresh layer as well since they have cleaned the roads of dirt accumulated on the sides.
A lot of Bangalore's Road are getting relaid off late which is a good sign. Not sure if its keeping in mind the elections or some other reason.
Old 22nd February 2014, 20:34   #5582
BHPian

Obviously the Elections
Old 22nd February 2014, 21:31   #5583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
A lot of Bangalore's Road are getting relaid off late which is a good sign. Not sure if its keeping in mind the elections or some other reason.
It's all happening for the vote bank. Of course we are benefited by the new roads. In Koramangala 5th block, a number of roads have been re tared.
Old 24th February 2014, 15:53   #5584
Senior - BHPian

Whats been happening for the past few days at Silkboard junction on the left side, when going towards EC? On Saturday and today when I was coming to office, I see crowds of people stopping and watching some spectacle on the side? Worst is that these idiots stop their cars, bikes, autos, cycles and aeroplanes on the flyover and gawk at something happening at the side?

Some film shooting? Exasperating to press the horn for a complete 2 minutes to make any of them move! And I noticed even 2 wheelers park their bikes on the other ramp of the flyover and walk across.

What is with us that we have to gawk and crowd at places inconveniencing others?

Rant over.
Old 24th February 2014, 16:13   #5585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Whats been happening for the past few days at Silkboard junction on the left side, when going towards EC? On Saturday and today when I was coming to office, I see crowds of people stopping and watching some spectacle on the side? Worst is that these idiots stop their cars, bikes, autos, cycles and aeroplanes on the flyover and gawk at something happening at the side?

Some film shooting? Exasperating to press the horn for a complete 2 minutes to make any of them move! And I noticed even 2 wheelers park their bikes on the other ramp of the flyover and walk across.

What is with us that we have to gawk and crowd at places inconveniencing others?

Rant over.
No, it is not film shooting but the presence of 2 snakes in the water logged area behind the wall.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 16:21   #5586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
No, it is not film shooting but the presence of 2 snakes in the water logged area behind the wall.

Today snakes, tomorrow there will be crocodiles in it and we will see the entire flyover blocked by these nincompoops

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 24th February 2014 at 16:21. Reason: edited
Old 24th February 2014, 16:32   #5587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

Today snakes, tomorrow there will be crocodiles in it and we will see the entire flyover blocked by these nincompoops
Aaargh, that is exasperating to say the least! I would have even understood a film shooting to an extent.
Old 24th February 2014, 17:02   #5588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats been happening for the past few days at Silkboard junction on the left side, when going towards EC?
Probably you saw something like this
Quote:
Aaargh, that is exasperating to say the least...
Quote:
It's a wonderful show that's been running successfully since Monday last. Heard different versions, with varying degrees of creativity, very typical of Indian movies.

This morning, I was wondering why isn't one of those Tatras taken out for a spin along Hosur road. That, IMO, is the closest we get to a battle tank, on city roads here. A few months ago, I saw one in the rearview mirror, closing in very fast, and I almost passed out because of the menacing look and the siren. The BTP must borrow one from the army, to peacefully disperse such hoards of nincompoops that show no bother for the traffic pileup and make merry of some imaginary sight that only the divine beings among them can see.
Old 24th February 2014, 17:23   #5589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If it happens to be crocodiles, the scenario will be similar to that of an UFO being seen in that area.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 17:32   #5590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Probably you saw something like this
Ah so this has been covered before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
It's a wonderful show that's been running successfully since Monday last. Heard different versions, with varying degrees of creativity, very typical of Indian movies.
Worse than that. There is no lane functioning when I was coming to office at around 1 in the afternoon. One guy even swerved completely from the right all the way to the left even before he took the flyover.

BBMP can make use of this situation. Build a park around the mating animals. Its a wonder that people haven't started bringing lunch boxes and having a picnic at the area!!
Old 25th February 2014, 10:10   #5591
BHPian

Quote:
Incidentally this continued even yesterday, overall this has been around for the past 5 days. I was really wondering for two things a) the number of days the 'affair' continued and b)why these snakes cannot be rescued.

Yesterday, I saw people parking their bikes and standing atop to get a good view of them.
Old 25th February 2014, 10:29   #5592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
I was really wondering for two things a) the number of days the 'affair' continued

Great Endurance race I believe. But its common for snakes to go on for days.

and b)why these snakes cannot be rescued.

This is something even I kept wondering, why din't BBMP call the BG National Park authorities to rescue the snake.

Also, while coming to office today saw a bike in bad shape near park plaza hotel just before innovative multiplex. Looks like the bike the went and rammed some four wheelers from behind.

Anyone has any news regarding this accident

Regards
Old 25th February 2014, 10:38   #5593
Senior - BHPian

Some photos of the area below railway flyover on Sarjapur road

As you approach the flyover from Sarjapur side:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3.jpg

The road leading to Decathlon entry gate. The same road will be used to take U-turn to go towards Sarjapur road, by vehicles exiting Decathlon:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-4.jpg

It looks like the asphalting won't be done directly under the flyover:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1.jpg

In other news, the ramp leading to the road above Kadubeesanahalli underpass is asphalted. I was hoping that even the Panattur road (which is pretty much non-existent now) will be asphalted. It seems I am wrong. There is no sign of any work going on there.

The Kadubeesanahalli-Doddakannelli road is in pretty bad shape. One side of the road was dug for about one kilometre for some work, and is now being filled with cement concrete.

Last edited by rohanjf : 25th February 2014 at 10:40.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 13:09   #5594
Senior - BHPian

2 very distressing events this morning:

About 500m from Kudlu gate signal towards Hosur, a cabbie was surrounded by a group of strong-armers; and as i was passing them, the cabbie was kicked with the people watching like in a cinema scene.

When returning back, after crossing Hosa road signal, a pedestrian crossing the road was knocked down by an unknown vehicle; he was lying belly down and apparently, dead. This is the spot where they stop the trucks from entering the city.

Very disturbing start to the day.
Old 25th February 2014, 13:43   #5595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
2 very distressing events this morning...
What time was it when you passed the spot? I found the traffic unusually dense at around 8:40 in the morning, at Kudlu gate, GB Palaya as well as Bommanahalli. By the time I reached the Silk Board flyover, it was past 9 o'clock.

I did find some shattered glass, some of the small pieces appeared red, at Bommanahalli signal. But nothing at Kudlu.

As for the pedestrian casualty at Hosa road signal, only the CCTV footage can tell who was at fault - those who wait to cross the road almost always try to dart across, and many vehicles, especially the cabs and interstate buses ignore the red if it's early in the morning or late at night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks