Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 21:11   #5431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Alright folks the vehicle bearing the number KA 53 B 620 belongs to IBM.

If there is anybody here who can take this forward with the concerned people in that organization, please do let me know.

Unfortunately, I do not have any picture as I was driving too. Plus, it's impossible to show rash driving in a still picture anyway.
Added Flavor,

IBM cabbies are basically rowdies driving cabs. As you experienced, the complaint number is quite useless and pointless as well.
Yes, the guy at the other end did quite a mindless thing of giving your number to the driver which goes on to say they are hand in glove.
From what I have heard from an ex IBM employee/friend is to keep away from these drivers. The drivers and the transport vendors that IBM hires are all the same category.

They are so pathetic , they have a separate thread here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...dia-cab-3.html
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 08:36   #5432
BHPian

Oh my! The last two days were so joyful for a car driver. I broke my earlier record of, 45 mins to office at 9:30am & 40 mins to home around 7:30 pm during christmas break, and bested it with 35 mins and 30 mins yesterday, from Richards Town to Kundanahalli. Now, we will be back to the normal grind.

Now, apart from the Infants, SRS, Janani cabs/tempos/buses; my major worry on road is with these colourful buses with the illustrations of Lions, bull and etc. that cater to villages and cities around Bangalore. These guys are the worst drivers of the lot. Had a near-death experience with one of them at a traffic junction when the light turned green and the bus driver just pulled out to my lane to over take a BMTC volvo bus. The traffic cop tried to stop the driver, but he sped away and the conducter of the bus, a 16-17 year old kid was teasing the cop while fleeing away. Now I always driver carefully with such buses around.

I remember in Ahmedabad, the traffic commisioner had curbed these buses and goods carriage lorries to enter city limits from 9am to 9pm. They could only enter the city if they had permission. Even the interstate Volvos used to have their starting points right outside the city limit apart from 1 or 2 city bus-stands. Don't know if this still happens in Ahmedabad, but if it could be done in Bangalore...Hallelujah!
creative420 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 12:31   #5433
BHPian

We need some like Rishiraj singh(Transport Commissioner of kerala) to solve all our traffic woes and make Bangalore roads a safe place to commute.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...road-accidents

Very unlikely those KA govt blokes would allow such things to happen.
Old 16th January 2014, 13:49   #5434
BHPian

Well, one drive on the Kerala roads would get anyone enlighten on how civilized and law abiding citizens are in Karnataka, generally.
In Kerala, they put on the high beams and just zoom at the oncoming traffic ready (on the wrong side) to smash everybody on their way. The overall attitude seems like "if you want to cling on to your dear life, get out of my way". I am from Kerala, but dare not venture into the roads there without a truck perhaps.
We had to drive down to Calicut a couple of weeks back, and the road-sense (or no-sense) there scared the living day lights out of me.
It's like every other vehicle on the road is a rogue.

Last edited by jeeva : 16th January 2014 at 13:59.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 15:06   #5435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I agree. I got stuck at JC road since it was closed for traffic. Only option was to go right towards lalbagh road or left and since I was on the left lane, turned left and stopped to check the GPS for directions since I had never taken this route earlier despite being in this city for over 30 years.

Took around 2 hrs to reach malleswaram from eCity.
Boy, it looks like you had a rough time out there. Might well have to do with the timings though. But the last two days were an absolute joy on the road.

So much so that I drove around 90 kms approx but my DTE went down by a fraction of that. Its actually rather ridiculous, hence not quoting the same

On such days - timings is everything.
Old 17th January 2014, 10:44   #5436
Senior - BHPian

I really don't know where to start my rant ! I'll start as per the sequence of events that happened while driving from BTM to Whitefield today.

1st Rant- Saw Road Safety Week banners, sponsered by ISS Catering, being put up near ISRO U-Turn on ORR.
The funny part is that, its' being put up on the last day of the road safety week. The banner reads road safety week from 11th to 17th Jan. No wonder motorists were driving more rash that ever, this week. LOL
Generic messages. Nothing exceptional. But huge huge huge distraction for motorists, curious to see whats going on new. Infact I was looking at the people putting up banners and the messages, when suddenly I realised that I was about to drive into a BMTC Volvo. Had to panic brake. Phew !!

Why do they do this one sunny day, suddenly ?
Must be the person in charge would be sleeping through the week and must have got a blast last night. Hence the sudden action.

2nd Rant - More serious in nature. Where do I report rashly driven BMTC KIA Buses ? I don't want to call any number. I want to send an email, which will remain as a proof of my complaint.
The BMTC Volvo bearing registration number KA 57F 260, plying on route KIA 6 was been driven very rashly between Kundanahalli and Siddapura at around 9:15AM today. The bus was constantly changing lanes and bullying another BMTC Regular blue bus. The road is a narrow two lane stretch when two buses overtaking each other at speed is simply not possible, or rather dangerous. This Volvo was driving behind the other BMTC bus. I honked and tried to overtake from left, because as such the right lane was hogged by these two buses. The Volvo driven raised his head, saw me in the ORVM and swevered to the left !! I had to panic brake. I thought that he wanted to overtake the other bus from the left, but then like I said, the road is very narrow with slow moving vehicles and parked vehicles on the left lane. So he couldn't overtake. I then thought that maybe he is sticking to left lane. So I honk and try to overtake from right. But then this guy again sweveres to the right lane, almost crushing me to the median ! Then he bullied a goods vehicle and a BMW 320D and went ahead. He almost side sweeped the other bus while overtaking !

I want to report this dangerous act by the driver of the mentioned bus, at the mentioned time. Strict action, like a day's pay-cut, should be handed out to the driver.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 11:11   #5437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I want to report this dangerous act by the driver of the mentioned bus, at the mentioned time. Strict action, like a day's pay-cut, should be handed out to the driver.
Such incidents are tolerated because they have become very common. If you really want this taken care of; talk to the depot manager from where the bus took off. Alternatively, if you've got evidence, try Public Eye.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:35   #5438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to report this dangerous act by the driver of the mentioned bus, at the mentioned time.
Hello Soumyajit. You can report this on the bmtc website mybmtc.com. There is a complaint register in the site or your feedback sort of where this can be reported.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 11:38   #5439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Such incidents are tolerated because they have become very common. If you really want this taken care of; talk to the depot manager from where the bus took off. Alternatively, if you've got evidence, try Public Eye.
Unfortunately, a rash driving proof can be only captured in a video. I will setup my phone cam in video mode on the phone mount holder, and try to capture their "acts". Then, posting that on Public Eye may help !!

I don't know if I will ever make it to a Depot Manager. I am not from Bangalore, more importantly not from any of the southern states. Hence I am sure I would be shoooed off with some mumblings in the local language, the heads or tails which I won't even get. May be I can write a strong email (from my IT experience), and later publish / make the rash driving video viral on youtube. That should put some shame and fear within the drivers of the Volvos.
Old 17th January 2014, 13:01   #5440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, a rash driving proof can be only captured in a video. I will setup my phone cam in video mode on the phone mount holder, and try to capture their "acts". Then, posting that on Public Eye may help !!

I don't know if I will ever make it to a Depot Manager. I am not from Bangalore, more importantly not from any of the southern states. Hence I am sure I would be shoooed off with some mumblings in the local language, the heads or tails which I won't even get. May be I can write a strong email (from my IT experience), and later publish / make the rash driving video viral on Youtube. That should put some shame and fear within the drivers of the Volvos.
Don't bother complaining to BMTC. They take no action on rash driving. I have complained on one particular 356CW for rash driving on BETL multiple times over a period of one month. But no action taken. Even now he continues to drive like a Grim Reaper.
Old 17th January 2014, 14:18   #5441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Don't bother complaining to BMTC. They take no action on rash driving. I have complained on one particular 356CW for rash driving on BETL multiple times over a period of one month. But no action taken. Even now he continues to drive like a Grim Reaper.
The sad reality is nothing is done till it ends up taking someone's life. Then the bus is stoned or burnt by the public for entertainment, and insurance covers the losses. The bus driver flees the scene, and carries on with life as usual. After the initial hullabaloo, all dies down and the grim reaper reaps again, this time on a new mode of destruction.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:49   #5442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a good idea. i used to do that with my iPhone, but now have a dedicated dashcam to capture the idiocies on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Even now he continues to drive like a Grim Reaper.
found another grim reaper on BETL yesterday.

anybody here from SIEMENS wanna take this up your management?
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 16:55   #5443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Know someone who can take action. Will let him know if he can take this up

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th January 2014 at 06:23. Reason: Removing video from quoted post.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 18:39   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
a good idea. i used to do that with my iPhone, but now have a dedicated dashcam to capture the idiocies on the road.

Quick Question, why didn't you shift to the slow lane after overtaking the reva if you could observe the bus flashing lights, using horns like a mad person ? You do realize that you were on the overtaking lane when there was no vehicle to overtake right ?

Last edited by dreadknight5 : 17th January 2014 at 18:41.
dreadknight5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 18:44   #5445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
Quick Question, why didn't you shift to the slow lane after overtaking the reva if you could observe the bus flashing lights, using horns like a mad person ? You do realize that you were on the overtaking lane when there was no vehicle to overtake right ?
Looks like this is BETL. Here there is no fast lane and slow lane, instead has a lane for cars and another one for heavy vehicles.

I think IRONH4WK was right being in that lane.
ArunV is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks