Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 21:51   #12931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
During return, I am now totally avoiding the city route- Instead, I leave at 3PM, take NICE till PESIT and then drive on ORR ...
Won't it be more efficient (price wise) to exit NICE at Magadi road?
Old 3rd October 2016, 21:56   #12932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Haven't evaluated that till now. I earlier (and occasionally) used to exit at Tumkur Road (155) and again Pay 20 for NBTL to descend at CMTRI Junction.

However, PESIT Exit to Outer Ring Road Junction with Tumkur Road is signal free that soon after getting down from the last flyover near Dr. Rajkumar Samadhi, I turn left into the bylanes of Peenya and exit at Tumour Road just where NBTL starts towards Tumkur and take U below NBTL.

The toll costs me 115 from EC to PESIT and am sure EC to Magadi Road will at least be 130 ish or may be 120.

Again, after Exiting Magadi Road, the road till I reach ORR is traffic prone too and may not be the fastest.

So I don't think exiting at Magadi road will in any way be economical for me, toll wise or time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd October 2016 at 21:59.
Old 4th October 2016, 10:14   #12933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Quote:
Haven't evaluated that till now. I earlier (and occasionally) used to exit at Tumkur Road (155) and again Pay 20 for NBTL to descend at CMTRI Junction.

However, PESIT Exit to Outer Ring Road Junction with Tumkur Road is signal free that soon after getting down from the last flyover near Dr. Rajkumar Samadhi, I turn left into the bylanes of Peenya and exit at Tumour Road just where NBTL starts towards Tumkur and take U below NBTL.

The toll costs me 115 from EC to PESIT and am sure EC to Magadi Road will at least be 130 ish or may be 120.

Again, after Exiting Magadi Road, the road till I reach ORR is traffic prone too and may not be the fastest.

So I don't think exiting at Magadi road will in any way be economical for me, toll wise or time.
The route that parag does is also my daily route since September 15, only that I enter NICE from Kanakapura road entrance, my office being off Kanakapura road. I stay near Jakkur and one of my colleague whom I carpool with stays in Tatanagar. I leave office by 4.20-4.30 PM and the PES exit works best for us at all times of the day. As parag mentioned, the ORR stretch from Nayandahalli to Rajkumar samadhi flyover/Modern bread factory has constant moving traffic without any signals/blockades. Since there are always cops stationed with interceptors on this stretch, most people do stick to speed limits and there are very few erratic drivers. We too take a left near modern bread factory, get onto Tumkur road and take a U turn at SRS signal to get on to HMT main road. This is any day the easiest option to reach North Bangalore.

But since a month or so, the junction near HMT complex has been getting little congested. Cops have banned goods vehicles since yesterday and already there was a difference- yesterday the junction was completely free at 5.15 PM.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 10:30   #12934
BHPian

Quote:
Park the car at the border and hop into a TN Bus or walk towards plethora of shops right after the border. Easier that way. Have noticed that these shops are situated super close to the border as well.

Also, these shopkeepers are there for business and loads of it comes from the other side of the border every year. I doubt if they would want to shoo you away or create trouble, all in the interest of Business.

May be take along someone with you who can share the "burden" or all the shopping that you do .
There is no problem with a KA car going to TN soil as far as I hear. The police would stop you, and ask you where you are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
That crossing of cars between and arrival will be a disaster. The volume of traffic is just too high for a traffic signal.

They should have built a small flyover to go over for the cars going to arrival lounge. Expensive but a much more viable option for long term convenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Exactly my thought when I too saw that plan.

Earlier when where walkway used to cross the driveway, there used to be two security guards who used to stop the vehicles to help people cross driveway.

Hope they post guards similarly in this intersection too to oversee cross over traffic.
They do have a traffic signal, and also have guards directing traffic. But I agree, that it'll be nightmare when traffic is dense.
Also, there's a guard standing right outside the Volvo bus exit to stop traffic / Volvo buses alternatively.

Also, Fastag worked like a charm at the toll when returning from the airport.
I like how they have three red lights which turn to green as you pass by them to show that the RFID has been read. After the third green light, the boom barrier opens. Feels totally royal!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th October 2016 at 12:50. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use the edit option when replying within 30mins. Thanks,
Old 4th October 2016, 10:45   #12935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
But since a month or so, the junction near HMT complex has been getting little congested. Cops have banned goods vehicles since yesterday and already there was a difference- yesterday the junction was completely free at 5.15 PM.
Noticed that few times too and on last Friday itself I had to wait for 20 minutes at this signal but then I thought It was only bad timing (As I had reached here at 0700pm).

But it is also true that trucks in all shapes and sizes use this road merrily and if you notice, they all do this to avoid the ROB mess on the ORR. Only recently I found KSRTC FlyBus from Mysore to KIAL using this road too.

The other irritation is that these trucks drive at single digit speeds right from CMTRI all the way till ORR and overtaking them is a huge task which is almost impossible. So if you are stuck behind anyone of these monsters, you have to only tail them for the next 20 minutes.

Good to hear that cops have managed to learn the reasons behind the density near HMT complex- They are trucks, nothing else and Bangalore as we have been watching allows trucks on every roads all through the day. There is simply no denying that.
Old 4th October 2016, 10:50   #12936
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has been shared here already.

Edit: Added the train names against their numbers
(KSR is Bangalore City Station)

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-5d41d23d99cf48edb8ffaf344a23f2bd.jpg

Towards WFD

56510- KSR-Marikuppam pass

66530- KSR-Bangarpet MEMU

76507 - Blore Cantt- Bangarpet DMU

66532 -KSR-Marikuppam MEMU

76505- Blore Cantt-Kolar DMU

56508- Swarna Pass(KSR-Marikuppam)

66534- Byapanahalli-Kuppam MEMU

Towards KSR

56507- Swarna Pass (Marikuppam-KSR)

66529- Kuppam- KSR (MEMU)

76506- Kolar- Blore Cantt DMU

66531- Bangarpet- KSR MEMU

56509- Marikuppam- KSR Pass

76508- Bangarpet-Ramanagaram DMU

66533- Marikuppam - Bypl MEMU

Last edited by Zappo : 4th October 2016 at 13:26. Reason: As requested by the OP
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 10:53   #12937
BHPian

Saw a crashed car in front of Salarpuria Touchstone, around 10:20 am today. On the road from Bellandur to Marathahalli. Looked like a previous gen Elantra to me, I'm not sure, couldn't look at it for more than half a sec, I was driving.

Bonnet had crumpled up, rest looked fine. Just hope it did not hit a pedestrian. Too many people cross the road at that place. For that matter, too many people cross the road all the way from Bellandur to Marathahalli, and they've got only one foot-overbridge at Ecospace.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:27   #12938
Senior - BHPian

Got on WhatsApp from a colleague:

Building collapsed in Bellandur. 30 people feared trapped. Probably need to expect a slow traffic on ORR .

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20161005wa0005.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20161005wa0004.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 13:32   #12939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Building collapsed in Bellandur. 30 people feared trapped. Probably need to expect a slow traffic on ORR .
:( I walk pass this every day. A lot of tall buildings have come up in small plots around this area. All of them are Paying Guest (PG) accommodations trying to take advantage of the ORR IT corridor and its demand. These buildings come up very quickly and seem obvious that they are flouting a lot of regulations.

Just yesterday I was wondering how these things get approved.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 14:14   #12940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Simple. The whole of this area around ecospace is heavily politically backed.

No wonder why the service road at the ecospace is never widened even though it is evident that the present narrow road cannot take the heavy traffic that it presently has.
No wonder innumerable buildings are constructed and under construction surrounding this area, without even having a proper approach road or Entry/Exit plans and without solving the existing chaos.
Old 5th October 2016, 14:16   #12941
BHPian

KSRTC to start TN services today.

Quote:
Bus services to Tamil Nadu are likely to resume on Wednesday. The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation is in talks with its counterparts and government officials.

“We are negotiating with the Tamil Nadu government. Issues like protection of buses are being discussed. Services will resume once we get the required clearance,” Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy said.

On Tuesday, talks were held with many departments of the Tamil Nadu government. “We have reached out to them and are awaiting their response. People travelling between the two States have suffered enough, and the KSRTC must restart services as soon as possible,” said Rajender Kumar Kataria, Managing Director, KSRTC.

250 bus schedules
The KSRTC operates over 250 bus schedules to Tamil Nadu. Rising tensions over the release of Cauvery water has resulted in an estimated loss of Rs. 50 crore to the corporation. Passengers have been forced to alight at the State border and walk over to Tamil Nadu.

While the date of resuming services was not officially announced, sources said they were likely to begin on Wednesday.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle9185392.ece
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 14:16   #12942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Building collapsed in Bellandur.
Quote:
I walk pass this every day.
Where exactly is this? Can you point the location on Google Maps?
Old 5th October 2016, 14:36   #12943
BHPian

Quote:

Man, this looks bad! Doesn't look like an aged building. Probably shoddy construction. What happened to the people who were trapped ? have they been rescued ? Couldn't find news about this in online media..
Old 5th October 2016, 14:51   #12944
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
:( I walk pass this every day. A lot of tall buildings have come up in small plots around this area. All of them are Paying Guest (PG) accommodations trying to take advantage of the ORR IT corridor and its demand. These buildings come up very quickly and seem obvious that they are flouting a lot of regulations.

Same story in HSR Layout.
On a 600 Sq ft plot, a chap has built a 4 storey building which contains a total of 8 apartments. Just imagine the pressure on water and other resources.
Next, imagine also the sheer pressure of Pounds per Square inch on such a small plot.
Then, the average no of people per apartment - atleast 2 to 3? Hence 24 people living in what is essentially 600 sq ft of land.

Absolutely ridiculous.
All we need here in BLR is one little Earth Tremor. And BOOM!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 15:29   #12945
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
. Probably need to expect a slow traffic on ORR .
That explains the slight jam on the Bellandur flyover. The BPT already started moving traffic on

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks