Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 23:00   #12826
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Had a pleasant and traffic free drive today from Pai layout to mathikere via hebbal thru ORR . No stops anywhere (all points lights were green!) and I covered the distance of about 20 odd km in 35 minutes!

The return was via IISC, malleswaram, sankey road, cantonment rlwy station jn, ulsoor, old madras road.. This also was covered in record time of about 45 minutes.

One update: The magic box near sadashivangar (After sankey tank road) is now open. Be careful though as the there is a bit unscientific bump near the bottom of that road.
Old 18th September 2016, 23:19   #12827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Had a pleasant and traffic free drive today from Pai layout to mathikere via hebbal thru ORR . No stops anywhere (all points lights were green!) and I covered the distance of about 20 odd km in 35 minutes!

The return was via IISC, malleswaram, sankey road, cantonment rlwy station jn, ulsoor, old madras road.. This also was covered in record time of about 45 minutes.
With court verdict slated in the coming days, I assume the roads in Bangalore city will be free on monday and tuesday too. Hope there will be no shutdown as September month is half-yearly financial closure and we have already lost a good amount of productive hours due to various strikes.
Old 19th September 2016, 09:35   #12828
Senior - BHPian

Update on the Sajapura Road - Hosa Road junciton:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-sarjapur_rd_kasavanahalli.jpg

The work on the drainage at the junction of Hosa road and Sajapura Road is almost complete, and it looks like only the finishing touches remain. However, BTP has arranged barricades on the junction in such a way to allow only vehicles from Hosa Road to merge on to Sarjapura Road, and prevent a left turn from Sajapura Road to Hosa Road (from Wipro / Kaikondrahalli side). The break in the median at this junction has been closed with shabbily dumped concrete.

Vehicles coming from Iblur side will have to go further until the SBI (left side)/Bata Showroom (right side) and turn right into the narrow bylanes and merge onto Hosa road after enduring many bumpy paths.

Already some people have taken their concern to the BTP's Facebook page:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp_complaint1.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp_complaint2.jpg

What comes of these complaints got to be seen
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 10:47   #12829
Senior - BHPian

MOD Note - Please stick to the topic. Discussions about bandhs etc is OK as it affects the traffic situation, but please stay off the political/controversial discussion about current dispute.

Last edited by SDP : 19th September 2016 at 12:02.
sachinpk is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th September 2016, 14:03   #12830
Distinguished - BHPian

Proposed Bangalore Metro routes to KIA and ORR stretch between KR Puram and Silk Board:

http://www.bmrc.co.in/pdf/news/airportlink_orr.PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf airportlink_orr.PDF (1.20 MB, 367 views)
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 06:56   #12831
BHPian

Might not be directly related to the thread, but could somebody guide me on the buses plying between Spice Garden and Residency / MG Road. I need to travel between the two for a week.
Old 20th September 2016, 07:28   #12832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Might not be directly related to the thread, but could somebody guide me on the buses plying between Spice Garden and Residency / MG Road. I need to travel between the two for a week.
http://mybmtc.com/ has a Trip Planner and route search feature. I have used it, and it was reliable. Perhaps you could make a quick check there.
Old 20th September 2016, 07:55   #12833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Install the BMTC app. Will give you near real time bus info
Old 20th September 2016, 07:56   #12834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
335 series Volvo would be the best option. Frequency is very high. Only issue is that going towards mg road the route does not touch mg road/residency road due to the one way routings in the area. Return route will come through residency road. So while going, you will need to get down at the lifestyle stop and take an auto. Or get down at Richmond circle and take a 335 going the other way.
Old 20th September 2016, 08:07   #12835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
http://mybmtc.com/ has a Trip Planner and route search feature.
There is also http://narasimhadatta.info/bmtc_query.html which is easier on mobile.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 08:21   #12836
Team-BHP Support

Two idiots, lacking sight, sense and helmets - pure dumb luck

ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 10:53   #12837
Senior - BHPian

The traffic seemed to be a little less on the EC-Sarjapur Road-Varthur side. And it picked up after Varthur Kodi. Don't know if lots of people are staying indoors today. I also saw more police on the roads. Even the "usually parked" Hoysala mobile of Varthur police station was out there on the road. Is there any flag march (by the police) getting organised today?
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 10:56   #12838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The traffic seemed to be a little less on the EC-Sarjapur Road-Varthur side. And it picked up after Varthur Kodi. Don't know if lots of people are staying indoors today. I also saw more police on the roads. Even the "usually parked" Hoysala mobile of Varthur police station was out there on the road. Is there any flag march (by the police) getting organised today?
The SC hearing on the Cauvery is expected today, so the police are getting on the front foot this time around.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/cauvery-wat...wo-days-694300

Last edited by arunphilip : 20th September 2016 at 11:14. Reason: Added source
Old 20th September 2016, 11:18   #12839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Proposed Bangalore Metro routes to KIA and ORR stretch between KR Puram and Silk Board:

http://www.bmrc.co.in/pdf/news/airportlink_orr.PDF
IMO, metro to airport is overkill. Most airport metros, air trains I have seen across the world run empty. They don't run 24 hours. So, doesn't help if somebody is trying to catch early morning flight. As long there is good road connectivity, they can give metro a slip. In case of Bangalore, if they give metro till Hebbal, it should be ok.
PS: BTW, I do I haul 30KG airport baggage, in metro, from city to airport
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In other news, it seems Old Airport Road has been renamed today:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54386913.cms
The new name is 'Madivala Machideva Road'. Unfortunately, it doesn't touch Madivala area at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Came across this post..

Bengaluru flyovers poorly designed: Brazilian expert Paulo Sergio Custodio

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/8lu...ert-Paulo.html
This is insulting to engineering capability of BDA. The engineers who designed flyovers must come out and defend their design in public.

Last edited by msdivy : 20th September 2016 at 11:20.
Old 20th September 2016, 11:28   #12840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The new name is 'Madivala Machideva Road'. Unfortunately, it doesn't touch Madivala area at all
It is not named after the locality. Madivala Machideva is a historical figure, profiled here:

http://lingayatreligion.com/Sharanar..._Machideva.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This is insulting to engineering capability of BDA. The engineers who designed flyovers must come out and defend their design in public.
Heh. And here I was thinking it took a Mexican expert to tell us that our BBMP emperor has no clothes. :-)
binand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks