Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 20:30   #12751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Folks left for airport from Doddanakundi junction at about 5 :15pm and reached airport within 40min. Minimal bus traffic but fair amount of private cars on the road. Overall traffic was very free running. Got back by 8pm with similar traffic. Airport buses were running and airport in general was quite crowded.
Old 13th September 2016, 20:37   #12752
BHPian

Hello Everybody,

Just received intimation from office via SMS that tomorrow will be a working day.
Had gone out to pick up a few essentials. Everything appeared normal. BMTC have resumed their services, the buses were almost empty although. Could spot a few policemen keeping vigil at the junction.
Kudos to the police force for restoring normalcy.

Regards,

Samish
samish_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 21:29   #12753
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to most posts above, I've been told that there will be no training session in Dell, Whitefield tomorrow and that I would need to stay put till Monday to complete my 20-day session as a freelance instructor.

I left my AP registered car at the office yesterday and took a bus till my service apartment in Prestige Shantiniketan. I guess I'll take some kind of transport to Dell tomorrow (or walk the 3.5 kms) and get my Figo back. I'm feeling kind of handicapped without it.

While on this topic, I walked to my friend's place for lunch today near Rajapalaya/ Hoodi and found few private vehicles plying. No BMTC buses though. To my delight, even some small hotels and the shop named Black Dog was open!
Old 13th September 2016, 21:35   #12754
Senior - BHPian

Folks, don't take your TN registered vehicles out. A friend witnessed miscreants smashing a TN registered cruze near Elita promenade, JP Nagar 7th phase.
Old 13th September 2016, 21:38   #12755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Folks, don't take your TN registered vehicles out. A friend witnessed miscreants smashing a TN registered cruze near Elita promenade, JP Nagar 7th phase.
Was it today, or yesterday? I do know that many TN vehicles were damaged yesterday. My friend witnessed a TN trailer being smashed at ITPL around 4 pm yesterday.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 21:51   #12756
Senior - BHPian

^^
Happened today evening. Folks, be careful.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 01:57   #12757
Senior - BHPian

Hi bhpians, anyone staying in the 16 curfew areas venturing going to office tomorrow?

I do not understand when the police say that corporate offices will function normally tomorrow (14-Sep) but 16 Police station limits have curfew.
Old 14th September 2016, 06:53   #12758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hi bhpians, anyone staying in the 16 curfew areas venturing going to office tomorrow?

I do not understand when the police say that corporate offices will function normally tomorrow (14-Sep) but 16 Police station limits have curfew.
I live in one of the curfew areas, but I had gone out for a walk yesterday and things seemed alright. So I'm going to head to the office today.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 08:03   #12759
BHPian

I live in one of the 16 curfew imposed areas as well and everything has come back to normal by yesterday evening itself, just that shops open and people outside were in lesser numbers. It's business as usual since today morning. I'm expecting the curfew is lifted sooner than later. I feel the tension is now isolated to one or two areas under police jurisdiction where the force have been deployed in large numbers to take control.
Old 14th September 2016, 08:07   #12760
BHPian

drive between 0630 to 0730 - Yelahanka to Cessna Business Park. Very normal day, just as another day. I would also say that there were a good number of vehicles too & not to compare this with the regular bumper to bumper traffic.

Situation improving & pray that the other part of the city gets back too.

Time does heal...take care folks !!
Old 14th September 2016, 08:22   #12761
Distinguished - BHPian

Left home late today to office and still reached office in 40mins. Traffic is slowly building up and I guess we can expect dense traffic in the evening, due to multiple factors like people returning to work, returning from festival and so on. Only respite should be the holiday given to schools.
Old 14th September 2016, 08:38   #12762
BHPian

Took me 25 minutes from Domlur to Cessna Park via HAL, Marathhalli. Traffic was very smooth and the usual choke points near Yamalur Signal, Marathalli market and HAL signal were literally empty. BMTC buses are plying normally and there is hardly any evidence left of what transpired on Monday.
Old 14th September 2016, 09:03   #12763
BHPian

Friends, distance of 15km from indira nagar to Graphite india covered in approx 30 mins. Junction before big bazaar was moderately dense but the ORR flyovers, TIN factory junction were quite relaxed, the KR Puram junction had some dense stop and go traffic but all due to wrong parking near the railway station by cab drivers who refused to budge despite police reprimands.
Office seem to be sparsely populated, looking at the available parking spaces and empty seats inside as well.
Old 14th September 2016, 09:57   #12764
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a police patrol chasing down miscreants on a bike at a high speed, very high speed.. in fact neither slowed down for a speed-breaker and both flew off of it and disappeared into the horizon, the patrol officers were also heavily threatening via the loudspeaker on the car to no avail. Scary it was, and the first time I've seen a U.S-style cop chase right here, after a lapse on Monday the cops have tightened the noose heavily ever since.. I don't think it'll be that easy to be a brazen anything today.

It was scarier than it seems, looking at the speeds both were going at.. a perfect recipe for a disaster if any other innocent vehicle comes in between, but the cops have to do their job after all, full respect for that. People who run away from cops do not have an iota of a mind.. these are people who've noted down the registration details and are also possibly capturing video evidence of the attempt to escape so that they can slap another offence onto the motorist. If a patrol flags anyone down, the best thing to do is stop.. we don't give them enough credit but when they get going full swing they do so for overall safety.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 10:00   #12765
BHPian

^^Which area was this in?
I see no police presence in HSR layout and Bellandur, and it gives me the jitters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks